Author Topic: Doctors Treating Coronavirus Told to Discriminate Against Elderly Patients: They “Will be Left to Di  (Read 7330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Doctors Treating Coronavirus Told to Discriminate Against Elderly Patients: They “Will be Left to Die”
International   Steven Ertelt   Mar 12, 2020   |   1:00PM    Rome, Italy

The world is in a state of  paranoia currently as nations try to combat the spread and effect of the coronavirus. Italy is facing the worst of the crisis right now and its medical system has descended into a state of chaos, according to news reports about the situation there.

One doctor who is treating patients there likened the situation to treating patients in a battlefield, like Vietnam or the aftermath of the attacks on Pearl Harbor and having to make split-second decisions on which patients will be treated and which ones will be denied care after a quick triage.

Shockingly, the same anti-life rationing ethic that is pervading medicine nowadays when it comes to the promotion of euthanasia and assisted suicide has taken hold in Italy, as elderly and disabled patients face discrimination because they are not young and healthy.

And one news report indicates an Italian medical college has issued shocking guidelines to doctors and medical professionals telling them to just let elderly patients die. As The Atlantic reports:

Those who are too old to have a high likelihood of recovery, or who have too low a number of “life-years” left even if they should survive, will be left to die. This sounds cruel, but the alternative, the document argues, is no better. “In case of a total saturation of resources, maintaining the criterion of ‘first come, first served’ would amount to a decision to exclude late-arriving patients from access to intensive care.”

In addition to age, doctors and nurses are also advised to take a patient’s overall state of health into account: “The presence of comorbidities needs to be carefully evaluated.” This is in part because early studies of the virus seem to suggest that patients with serious preexisting health conditions are significantly more likely to die. But it is also because patients in a worse state of overall health could require a greater share of scarce resources to survive: “What might be a relatively short treatment course in healthier people could be longer and more resource-consuming in the case of older or more fragile patients.”

These guidelines apply even to patients who require intensive care for reasons other than the coronavirus, because they too make demands on the same scarce medical resources. As the document clarifies, “These criteria apply to all patients in intensive care, not just those infected with CoVid-19.”

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/03/12/doctors-treating-coronavirus-told-to-discriminate-against-elderly-patients-they-will-be-left-to-die/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 05:26:39 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Triage, reality if you like it or not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triagez

So not despicable?  What is your point?  Kudos to Italy for making the hard choices?  Are you angry that I'm judging Italy?  You think I am being unfair?

It is despicable and Italy should be ashamed of it's failure, but thank you for your reply.  Please clarify your point if I missed it, and you wish me to understand it better.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So not despicable?  What is your point?  Kudos to Italy for making the hard choices?  Are you angry that I'm judging Italy?  You think I am being unfair?

It is despicable and Italy should be ashamed of it's failure, but thank you for your reply.  Please clarify your point if I missed it, and you wish me to understand it better.

Your deep concern for the elderly of Italy is noted.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Triage, reality if you like it or not

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triagez

the good news is Italy has universal coverage.

The bad news... well.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
the good news is Italy has universal coverage.

The bad news... well.

@Dexter is saddened.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

Our healthcare system is already overwhelmed with the flu virus here in FL  because of the flu and tourist season.  We waited with my father in law a month ago for over 6 hours in the ER and that was after the VA said he needed to be taken to the ER.  He was 93 (he has since passed).  He was finally admitted to the hospital 3 hours after that.  So that was a 9+ hour wait folks.  Add corona to this scenario and the elderly WILL be discriminated against -- IMHO they already are now.

If you think that this can't happen here, I think you're wrong.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Our healthcare system is already overwhelmed with the flu virus here in FL  because of the flu and tourist season.  We waited with my father in law a month ago for over 6 hours in the ER and that was after the VA said he needed to be taken to the ER.  He was 93 (he has since passed).  He was finally admitted to the hospital 3 hours after that.  So that was a 9+ hour wait folks.  Add corona to this scenario and the elderly WILL be discriminated against -- IMHO they already are now.

If you think that this can't happen here, I think you're wrong.

Condolences for your Dad.

The best and surest way to make this worse is to force us all into a National Health Care system, as forcefully promoted for a few dozen identical posts from a certain Member.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Private healthcare can become too inundated by need to help everybody too. If that happened they'd be picking and choosing based on who has the most money. If there's more need than availability of care during a disaster somebody is going to get screwed. It happens in war sometimes. Some horrifying shit goes down and limited medical personnel have to make heartbreaking decisions about who is worth trying to save and who should be left to die.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

This is despicable.

It is.

It makes me wonder if the same thing didn’t happen in the state of Washington where so many died in nursing homes.

The leftists in this country believe in euthanasia wholeheartedly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Private healthcare can become too inundated by need to help everybody too. If that happened they'd be picking and choosing based on who has the most money. If there's more need than availability of care during a disaster somebody is going to get screwed. It happens in war sometimes. Some horrifying shit goes down and limited medical personnel have to make heartbreaking decisions about who is worth trying to save and who should be left to die.

National health care systems make discrimination against the elderly official policy.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Prove your assertions by citing proof.

BTW state your profession, education, location, etc.

...absent  that, I simply assume you are  commie-pinko Bernie operative

@Dexter
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

Prove your assertions by citing proof.

It's common sense. There are only so many medical facilities and staff. What they can do has a limit. If there was a disaster big enough to push those staff and facilities past their limitation they would have no choice but to pick and choose because they would literally be incapable of helping everybody. It's not even a public vs private issue. Both systems would have to pick and choose if their facilities were incapable of meeting need due to the magnitude of some catastrophe.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

...absent  that, I simply assume you are  commie-pinko Bernie operative

I've been on this forum since before Bernie was even relevant as a potential for the presidency. You're free to believe that if you want, though. It's a little bit flattering that you think I'm a communist operative.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

It's common sense. There are only so many medical facilities and staff. What they can do has a limit. If there was a disaster big enough to push those staff and facilities past their limitation they would have no choice but to pick and choose because they would literally be incapable of helping everybody. It's not even a public vs private issue. Both systems would have to pick and choose if their facilities were incapable of meeting need due to the magnitude of some catastrophe.

The leftist nationalized medicine you advocate has already made the choice before the patients arrive.

Leave the elderly to die.

That IS the ideology you support Dexter.

You need to own it.

Offline Dexter

The leftist nationalized medicine you advocate has already made the choice before the patients arrive.

Leave the elderly to die.

That IS the ideology you support Dexter.

You need to own it.

If somebody must be left to die who should it be? Do we flip a coin? Pull straws? There isn't a pretty answer.
-Socrates

Offline skeeter

If somebody must be left to die who should it be? Do we flip a coin? Pull straws? There isn't a pretty answer.

I prefer a system where leaving anyone to die is a decision we don't have to make.

Offline musiclady

Thanks for finally owning up to the fact that you support the death of the elderly, just like the rest of the bigoted ghouls on the extreme left.

Offline Dexter

I prefer a system where leaving anyone to die is a decision we don't have to make.

It's not possible to ensure that right now. Every system has facility and staff limits. If a meteor struck the east coast and millions of people needed emergency aid all at once some people would have to go without care.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

Thanks for finally owning up to the fact that you support the death of the elderly, just like the rest of the bigoted ghouls on the extreme left.

I asked you a question. If there is no choice but to let somebody go without care so we can save others, how do we go about making that decision?
-Socrates

Offline skeeter

It's not possible to ensure that right now. Every system has facility and staff limits. If a meteor struck the east coast and millions of people needed emergency aid all at once some people would have to go without care.

No one is being left to die in the US and a meteor has not struck the east coast.

Offline Dexter

No one is being left to die in the US and a meteor has not struck the east coast.

It seems that my point is going over your head.
-Socrates

Offline skeeter

It seems that my point is going over your head.

No, it's still stuck to the top of your's.