Author Topic: Broadway Goes Dark, Sweeping New Directives Issued  (Read 564 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Broadway Goes Dark, Sweeping New Directives Issued
« on: March 12, 2020, 06:52:43 pm »
Broadway Goes Dark, Sweeping New Directives Issued: How Tri-State COVID-19 Action Affects Daily Life

With new cases of the novel coronavirus surging due to increased testing capacity, and residents looking for guidance on how to protect themselves and their families, local government officials are taking great measures to control the spread of the disease -- and the uncertainty that comes with it.

Here are the latest directives and recommendations from authorities in the region that you may need to be aware of:

New York

BROADWAY, LARGE GATHERINGS

On Thursday, Cuomo called it a "public health emergency" and said that in order to reduce the spread there will be no gathering with 500 people or more, those below a 500 seated capacity should reduce occupancy by 50 percent.

These new measures will go into effect Friday at 5 p.m., except for Broadway theaters which will adhere to these new rules starting 5 p.m. Thursday. Broadway shows will commence the week of April 13. Schools, nursing homes, hospitals and mass transit do not fall under these new measures.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/everything-tri-state-gov-officials-are-doing-to-control-spread-and-ease-concerns-of-covid-19/2314762/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

Re: Broadway Goes Dark, Sweeping New Directives Issued
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 12:35:40 am »
It's a shame.  No Broadway, no sporting events, no St. Patrick's Day Parade, closed museums and tourist attractions.  I just can't imagine how this virus is going to cripple every business.  Recession, depression, here we come!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 11:06:17 am »
Yep. Look at today’s paper
@Applewood
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 11:52:26 am »
Getting that way here in western PA.  We have schools closing, no St. Patrick's Day Parade.  It's surreal.  Took a public bus yesterday.  It's always crowded.; yesterday, hardly any passengers. 

And the virus hasn't even hit here yet. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 12:12:58 pm »
Getting that way here in western PA.  We have schools closing, no St. Patrick's Day Parade.  It's surreal.  Took a public bus yesterday.  It's always crowded.; yesterday, hardly any passengers. 

And the virus hasn't even hit here yet.

More people at home?  One thing I am noticing lately, is more buffering during movie streaming.  The next new war might be over bandwidth.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 12:43:59 pm »
More people at home?  One thing I am noticing lately, is more buffering during movie streaming.  The next new war might be over bandwidth.   :cool:

I'm getting the increased  buffering too.  But I was blaming it on Comcast and its normally awful Wi-Fi.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 01:21:15 am »
Broadway?

Any metropolis should be considered an unsafe zone right now.

Too many people packed into too small a space = lots of opportunities for virus spreading.

Since the Dems control the big cities, they must all be licking their chops to make it happen.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington