Author Topic: Donald Trump: No Visitors to Retirement Homes  (Read 290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump: No Visitors to Retirement Homes
« on: March 12, 2020, 01:56:21 pm »
Neil Munro 11 Mar 2020

President Donald Trump urged Americans to carefully shield old people from the expanding number of people who are infected with the Chinese coronavirus that has already killed more than ten residents in an elderly facility in Washington State.

“Day by day, we’re moving very quickly. The vast majority of Americans, the[ir] risk is very, very low,” he said in a Wednesday night speech to the nation. He continued:

Young and healthy people can expect to recover fully and quickly if they should get the virus. The highest risk is for [the] elderly population with underlying health conditions. The elderly population must be very, very careful.

In particular, we’re strongly advising that nursing homes for the elderly suspend all medically unnecessary visits. In general, older Americans should also avoid non-essential traveling in crowded areas.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/11/donald-trump-no-visitors-to-retirement-homes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Donald Trump: No Visitors to Retirement Homes
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 03:17:15 pm »
The problem here, I think, is one of definition.  The headline says "retirement homes," but the article itself says "nursing homes." 

Nursing homes, where a patient with serious medical issues is confined -- ok, I get it.  No one wants to have people bring in the virus to these weakened patients. 

But what is a "retirement home?"  Is Trump also referring to retirement communities with healthy, active age 55+ residents?  I think that's a bit extreme. 

There's a brand new facility not far from me.  It has a nursing and personal care facility, plus a set of cottages for those 55 and older in good health.  Why should those in the cottages be so restricted?

Much of our problem here has to do with poor communication.  We ordinary folks need clarity; we need definitions.  We aren't getting those things.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 04:19:25 pm »
Neil Munro 11 Mar 2020

President Donald Trump urged Americans to carefully shield old people from the expanding number of people who are infected with the Chinese coronavirus that has already killed more than ten residents in an elderly facility in Washington State.

“Day by day, we’re moving very quickly. The vast majority of Americans, the[ir] risk is very, very low,” he said in a Wednesday night speech to the nation. He continued:

Young and healthy people can expect to recover fully and quickly if they should get the virus. The highest risk is for [the] elderly population with underlying health conditions. The elderly population must be very, very careful.

In particular, we’re strongly advising that nursing homes for the elderly suspend all medically unnecessary visits. In general, older Americans should also avoid non-essential traveling in crowded areas.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/11/donald-trump-no-visitors-to-retirement-homes/

The deaths came at the very start of the epidemic when there was no shortage of ventilators and life-support machines. But in Italy, many elderly are reportedly not getting treatment because hospitals do not have enough equipment. The shortage is forcing doctors to choose which patients will get treatment and which will be left to die, say reports from Italy.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 04:28:10 pm »
The problem here, I think, is one of definition.  The headline says "retirement homes," but the article itself says "nursing homes." 

Nursing homes, where a patient with serious medical issues is confined -- ok, I get it.  No one wants to have people bring in the virus to these weakened patients. 

But what is a "retirement home?"  Is Trump also referring to retirement communities with healthy, active age 55+ residents?  I think that's a bit extreme. 

There's a brand new facility not far from me.  It has a nursing and personal care facility, plus a set of cottages for those 55 and older in good health.  Why should those in the cottages be so restricted?

Much of our problem here has to do with poor communication.  We ordinary folks need clarity; we need definitions.  We aren't getting those things.

The communication last night about the travel ban was terrible.

No one anywhere knew exactly who was restricted from overseas travel and who wasn't.  It's pretty clear today, but to have a full 12 hours of confusion for airlines, travelers, foreign leaders, and even the State Department, is, IMO, inexcusable.

This thing is scary enough without adding to it with messed up messaging.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 04:29:13 pm »
Does this include assisted living facilities?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.