Author Topic: Texas Coronavirus Updates  (Read 40649 times)

Offline EdinVA

Re: Texas Coronavirus Updates
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2020, 08:24:49 pm »
Wait till you flush... That's kinda exciting...

:silly:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2020, 10:10:22 pm »
The brain-dead morons elected officials who run Austin are going to announce the stay-at-home order tomorrow.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Austin and Travis County are expected to issue orders Tuesday telling people to stay at home to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus, Mayor Steve Adler told KXAN Monday.

City and county lawyers are discussing Monday night when it would take effect.

Excerpted, more at the link -> https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/austin-travis-county-will-announce-order-tuesday-for-everyone-to-stay-at-home/
Let it burn.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2020, 01:38:43 pm »
Harris County issues stay-at-home order

KFDM by Scott LawrenceTuesday, March 24th 2020

https://kfdm.com/news/local/breaking-harris-county-issues-stay-at-home-order

Harris County issues stay-at-home order to reduce spread of COVID-19 outbreak. It takes effect at midnight Wednesday and continues through at least April 3.

The order affects all cities and unincorporated areas of Harris County.

People must stay at home unless their jobs are considered essential.

They can travel for groceries and urgent medical needs and for some other exceptions.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2020, 02:03:32 pm »
As of March 23, Texas is reporting 373 coronavirus cases. This is an undercount.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/23/coronavirus-updates-texas-hidalgo-county-implements-curfew/

The Texas Department of State Health Services is tracking COVID-19 cases in Texas by county. The numbers lag behind the totals disclosed by local health officials because of the health department's confirmation process. In addition, they may not represent all cases of the disease given limited testing capacity.

Many counties have seen what's called "community spread," which refers to cases for which the original source of infection is unknown.

As of March 23 at noon, there were at least 373 coronavirus cases in Texas. There were 8 reported deaths. At least 10,055 people have been tested.

County   Number of cases

County of residence unknown *   65
Dallas   33
Harris   27
Collin   24
Bexar   24
Travis   22
Lackland Air Force Base **   21
Galveston   15
Williamson   13
Denton   12

Statewide   373

(See all 48 at link)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2020, 09:11:10 pm »
Harris County testing sites in danger of closing due to low number of coronavirus test kits

Houston Chronicle by  Nicole Hensley March 24, 2020

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-running-low-on-COVID-19-test-kits-15153584.php

Harris County may have no other choice but to close its testing sites this week if the federal government does not send another shipment of testing kits and other medical supplies, officials warned Tuesday.

About 500 test kits — received Friday — are being split between two sites and that supply is expected to last through Wednesday night, officials said. Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo initially said at a news conference that they had only enough supplies for Tuesday. The county started testing community members on Monday and 500 people were referred to the site, she said.

More than 2,400 people visited a pre-screening website to obtain a testing referral, Hidalgo said.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2020, 09:13:30 pm »
Fort Bend officials expected to announce stay-at-home order, joining Harris County

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighborhood/fortbend-news/article/fort-bend-offiicals-stay-at-home-order-15154023.php

Fort Bend County officials are expected to announce a stay-at-home order Tuesday afternoon.

County leaders have scheduled a press conference for 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. It will be livestreamed on Facebook.

The move follows Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo’s announcement of a similar order on Tuesday morning. Harris County’s stay-at-home order excludes going to the grocery store and doing errands. The Harris County order will take effect at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday and last until April 3.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2020, 09:41:20 pm »
My dad is in Hopkins County and they are on a shelter in place order....

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2020, 10:21:12 pm »
Hidalgo orders stay-at-home for Harris County, a fundamental change to daily life for Houston area

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/harris-county-shelter-in-place-stay-at-home-order-15153071.php

The county judge said she was heeding the warnings of health experts, who for days said a mandatory order limiting public interactions was necessary to prevent Houston hospitals from being overwhelmed with cases.

“What these experts and leaders tell us is that if we keep going at the rate we are going, we will end up in the situation that New York is heading towards, that Italy is at, where we simply run out of ICU space,” Hidalgo said.

She's been a judge since Jan1,2019 and now orders Harris County to "Stay-at-Home".

Now who thinks that judges have too much power?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2020, 10:38:15 pm »
Fort Bend County issues 'Stay at Home to Save Lives' order to stop spread of COVID-19

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-fort-bend-county-issues-stay-at-home-order/285-27f60115-23f4-4f74-a1b8-427b9b1aabf2

FORT BEND COUNTY, Texas — County Judge KP George has issued a stay-at-home order, asking that everyone stay home and only essential businesses remain open as the county hopes to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

George signed a "Stay Home to Save Lives" order this afternoon that takes effect at midnight and lasts through 11:59 p.m. on April 3.

The order doesn't apply to people needing to go to a grocery store or pharmacy, seeing their doctors, caring for a family member or pet at another household, or going outdoors -- though George said playgrounds are closed.

"When faced with an unprecedented pandemic, Fort Bend County has chosen to prioritize the lives of its residents," George wrote on his Facebook page this afternoon. "Our first responders, hospital systems and frontline #COVID19 staff had made it clear that they need swift and bold action to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

Judge KP George assumed the office of Fort Bend County Judge on January 1, 2019.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2020, 11:08:11 pm »
State Representative Requests Opinion from Texas Attorney General on Exclusion of Gun Manufacturers & Retailers as "Essential Businesses" in Local Emergency Orders

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20200324/state-representative-requests-opinion-from-texas-attorney-general-on-exclusion-of-gun-manufacturers-retailers-as-essential-businesses-in-local-emergency-orders

Today, State Representative Dustin Burrows (R-Lubbock), Chairman of the Texas House Committee on Ways & Means, formally requested an opinion from Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) on whether city and/or county officials can prohibit the sale of firearms through an emergency order or declaration by excluding firearms manufacturers and retailers as "essential businesses."  On Monday, the Mayor of the City of Lubbock, which is in Burrows' district, issued an order to close all "non-essential" businesses within city limits, with no exemption for gun stores.  Other cities and counties, including Waco, Austin, Bexar County, Dallas County and Travis County, have issued similar orders (a copy of Harris County's "stay at home" order was not available as this alert went out.) 

These actions by local elected officials could violate the state firearms preemption law, which restricts the authority of cities and counties to enact a patchwork of regulations affecting the sale and transfer of firearms across the State of Texas. 

During an emergency, food, water, shelter and adequate medical care are paramount for survival, but so too is the ability of an individual to protect his or herself, as well as their family, home, business and property.  The lines of customers outside of firearm retailers across Texas in recent days is testament to the fact that they believe the ability to exercise their constitutional rights protected by the Second Amendment is essential, as they may find themselves facing situations where they need to be their own first responders. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2020, 11:13:14 pm »
Hidalgo orders stay-at-home for Harris County, a fundamental change to daily life for Houston area

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/harris-county-shelter-in-place-stay-at-home-order-15153071.php

She's been a judge since Jan1,2019 and now orders Harris County to "Stay-at-Home".

Now who thinks that judges have too much power?

I think those who elect such idiots get what they deserve.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2020, 11:39:07 pm »
I think those who elect such idiots get what they deserve.

So those of us who voted Against such idiots also get what we deserve?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2020, 11:42:56 pm »
So those of us who voted Against such idiots also get what we deserve?

I did not say vote.  I specifically said elect.  And the people of Harris County did that.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2020, 11:47:08 pm »
I did not say vote.  I specifically said elect.  And the people of Harris County did that.

So I deserve this as I live in Harris County even though I voted against this judge?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2020, 12:25:12 am »
So I deserve this as I live in Harris County even though I voted against this judge?

I'm sorry that you live there and have to put up with what was elected despite your protestations but that's how it works.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2020, 10:58:30 pm »
As of March 24, Texas is reporting 736 coronavirus cases.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/24/coronavirus-cases-in-texas-why-the-numbers-are-different-everywhere/

The Texas Department of State Health Services acknowledged the massive reporting discrepancies to The Texas Tribune this week and launched a new reporting system Tuesday evening that officials believe will close some of the gap. The updated page came with a note that more than 300 previously unaccounted-for cases were now being reflected in state data.

The Texas Department of State Health Services is tracking COVID-19 cases in Texas by county. The numbers are reported by local health officials and are current as of 8 p.m. the day before reporting. They may not represent all cases of the disease given limited testing capacity.

As of March 24 at 5 p.m., there were at least 736 coronavirus cases in Texas. There were 11 reported deaths. At least 13,235 people have been tested.

County   Number of cases
Dallas   131
Travis   79
Tarrant   57
Bexar   57
Harris   54
Collin   38
Denton   30
Fort Bend   29
Lackland Air Force Base *   21
McLennan   20
Statewide   736

See all at link.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2020, 11:20:00 pm »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2020, 01:32:05 am »
Rumor has it that Taylor county....where I live, has 2 cases.  One being an airman at our local AFB, the other a nurse who is on a respirator.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2020, 05:18:48 pm »
Rumor has it that Taylor county....where I live, has 2 cases.  One being an airman at our local AFB, the other a nurse who is on a respirator.
We have our first official case in a town of 100,000...40 yr. old male in stable condition.  It just got real.....

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2020, 11:21:39 pm »
Coronavirus updates in Texas: State reports 1,396 cases and 18 deaths; first case in juvenile detention center

Texas Tribune March 26, 2020

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/26/coronavirus-updates-texas-campaigns-adjust-rescheduled-runoff/

Texas reports 1,396 cases and 18 deaths

[1:20 p.m.] On Thursday, Texas reported 1,396 cases of the new coronavirus— a 40% increase in cases from Wednesday, when the state reported 995 cases. The state is also reporting six additional deaths, bringing the total of deaths in Texas to 18. Dallas County is reporting the most cases at 303, which represents a roughly 80% increase from the 169 cases that the county reported on Wednesday. Dallas is also reporting seven deaths, the most of any Texas county.

Texas also reported on Thursday that a total of 21,424 people have been tested for the new coronavirus. A Texas Department of State Health Services spokesperson said that the testing numbers still do not include testing done by all private labs. With the governor’s executive order in place to bolster reporting capabilities, officials anticipate that additional labs will be reporting their numbers soon.

State data released March 26 shows that as of 8 p.m. March 25, there were at least 1,396 coronavirus cases in Texas. There were 18 reported deaths. At least 21,424 people have been tested.

County   Number of cases   Deaths

Dallas   303   7
Harris   185   2
Travis   119   0
Tarrant   90   1
Bexar   84   3
Denton   70   0
Fort Bend   54   0
Collin   53   1
Brazoria   33   0
Montgomery   31   0

Statewide   1,396   18

(See all 92 at link)

Offline Idiot

« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2020, 06:43:58 pm »
http://herald-zeitung.com/community_alert/article_a1c9e2b8-6fcf-11ea-850e-338bfc0d412b.html

Adolph (T.J.) Mendez died Thursday afternoon at Ascension Seton Medical Center in Austin from complications of the COVID-19 virus, according to his family. He was 44.
Mendez was born in San Antonio and lived in New Braunfels for the last 14 years.
Brenda Johnson, Mendez’s daughter, said her father was tested last week for the coronavirus and received a positive diagnosis on Tuesday.

Angela Mendez said her husband was a healthy man who didn’t smoke or drink. He worked out, ate healthy and took vitamins every day, she said.

She said her father had been “perfectly healthy” and had no underlying health conditions.
"You hear that the people who die are older or have previous health conditions but he was neither and the virus took him down hard,” she said. "It can happen to anyone, it’s not just a story that happens to people across the world. It’s here and it’s real and it can kill anyone, just like it did my husband."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:45:03 pm by mrpotatohead »

Online corbe

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2020, 06:49:01 pm »
    RIP TJ.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2020, 08:05:50 pm »
Just got off the phone with a friend.  Her son in law is a physician in West Texas.  He said there a lot more cases than what is being released to the media.  He thought it would be 2 weeks before it peaks here. 

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2020, 08:43:53 pm »
Fort Bend now has 54 confirmed cases and 5 of those have recovered:  https://covid-19-fort-bend-county-response-fbcgis.hub.arcgis.com/?fbclid=IwAR3uxJs3-5jtOAGwwVydveGna_IcB9HtDdVkh_UOQQAyPWku4la6i3dh1i0

I clicked on the link.

Looks like we've had our 1st death in our county now.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2020, 09:36:40 pm »
I placed my 1st ever on-line grocery order at H-E-B today.
Curbside pick up.
We won't be able to go get them until April 1st, 5 days.