Author Topic: New Jersey security guard arrested over licensed gun, legal ammo  (Read 482 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Fox News 3/8/2020

A New Jersey gun owner is fighting charges for carrying a firearm for which he had a permit and ammunition state police have publicly said is legal.

Roosevelt Twyne, a 25-year-old African-American security guard, was arrested by Roselle Park Police in February after a traffic stop stemming from tinted windows on his car. Evan Nappen, Twyne's attorney, told the Washington Free Beacon that his client was then erroneously charged for illegally carrying a firearm and being in possession of so-called hollow point ammunition.

"He was arrested for the hollow point ammunition," Nappen told the Free Beacon. "Then they claimed he was transporting his handgun illegally. He had a permit to carry a handgun. The law … makes it clear that it's illegal to transport unless you are licensed pursuant to chapter 58. And that is precisely what a handgun carry permit is."

Nappen said the ammunition that led to Twyne's arrest was the same ammunition issued by his employer. He also pointed to a New Jersey State Police website that says the polymer-tipped Hornady "Critical Duty" ammunition in question is "not considered to be hollow point ammunition" and not illegal to possess in the state—the website goes so far as to specifically name "Critical Duty" as an example of legal ammunition.

More: https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-jersey-security-guard-arrested-over-licensed-gun-legal-ammo

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: New Jersey security guard arrested over licensed gun, legal ammo
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 01:27:45 pm »
It’s against the law here to have tinted windows. I don’t know if that applies for people in government though. I remember this from my driver’s license test.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:53:14 pm »
It always staggers my imagination that what I do freely and daily in my own state - namely: carrying a 9mm pistol with a 16-round magazine loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds - would get me the equivalent of a life jail sentence in New Jersey.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 02:35:57 pm »
It’s against the law here to have tinted windows. I don’t know if that applies for people in government though. I remember this from my driver’s license test.

Tinted front seat windows are illegal here in CA, though that's an "infraction", a ticket, not something for which one would be arrested.

The police officer who made the arrest made a mistake, and needs training. But the real F-up is that the guy is being prosecuted. Over-charging is very common among prosecutors, as the result is a plea bargain in which innocent people take a plea rather than go bankrupt defending themselves. IOW, the prosecutor gets another notch on their brief case and padding for their resume' for their run for judge or the legislature or Congress. Taking the report at face value, this prosecutor seems to be especially assaholic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.