Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1750 on: April 28, 2020, 03:26:52 pm »
There may be something about the Health System in the UK which is allowing the disease to advance farther before treatment. If it reaches the point where hospitalization is required, the prognosis tends to be less rosy.

Early and aggressive treatment seems to be far more effective.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1751 on: April 30, 2020, 10:46:32 pm »
Trump Says Sweden ‘Paying Heavily’ For Not Imposing Lockdown
Epoch Times, Apr 30, 2020

President Donald Trump said Sweden is “paying heavily” for not locking down the country, as much of the rest of the world has, amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Trump, in a critical tweet Thursday, cited the difference in death counts between lockdown-resistant Sweden and its neighbors, which have imposed stiff curbs on citizens in a bid to stem the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

“Despite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443),” the president wrote, adding, “The United States made the correct decision!”

As the virus spread, Denmark and Norway were quick to close borders and shut schools, while Finland moved to restrict urban centers and closed most of its schools.

Sweden, by contrast, focused on isolating and treating the sick rather than closing down swathes of society.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump-says-sweden-paying-heavily-for-not-imposing-lockdown_3333554.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1752 on: April 30, 2020, 10:49:09 pm »
Chinese Communist Party ....CCP Virus????

(I like that terminology, and hope it sticks)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1753 on: May 01, 2020, 12:36:27 am »
[quote“Despite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443),”][/quote]

Am I the only one wondering if most of these deaths are occuring in the Muslim ghettoes?

That might be why they don't seem to give a damn.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1754 on: May 01, 2020, 03:11:43 am »
[quote“Despite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443),”]

Am I the only one wondering if most of these deaths are occuring in the Muslim ghettoes?

That might be why they don't seem to give a damn.
I guess it is possible that this is the inadvertent solution to their immigration problem  888mouth :whistle:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1755 on: May 01, 2020, 02:13:05 pm »
There may be something about the Health System in the UK which is allowing the disease to advance farther before treatment. If it reaches the point where hospitalization is required, the prognosis tends to be less rosy.

Early and aggressive treatment seems to be far more effective.

The UK health system is still not in great shape because it's still trying to recover from decades of socialized medicine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1756 on: May 01, 2020, 05:53:36 pm »
BREAKING NEWS!

The latest update is "Weeze all agona DIE! EEEEEK! EEEEEK! EEEEK!

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1757 on: May 01, 2020, 08:13:48 pm »
I was looking at the numbers of deaths in the IHME model for the US and Sweden yesterday.  At that time, the last day of actual reported deaths was the 27th, with other dates past that as projected.

As of April 27, deaths per 100,000 population:

US:  0.17
Sweden:  0.23

The predicted total deaths per 100,000 population (if you believe the model, but what else have we got to go on?):

US:  0.22
Sweden:  1.69

It would be interesting to see how much lower the US numbers would be without the greater NYC numbers being factored in.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1758 on: May 01, 2020, 08:55:59 pm »
I was looking at the numbers of deaths in the IHME model for the US and Sweden yesterday.  At that time, the last day of actual reported deaths was the 27th, with other dates past that as projected.

The predicted total deaths per 100,000 population (if you believe the model, but what else have we got to go on?):

It would be interesting to see how much lower the US numbers would be without the greater NYC numbers being factored in.
I forget who did, but I recall that by itself, NYC (and the surrounding counties) was number 1 in deaths/million population, compared to the rest of the countries in the world. The rest of the US didn't make the top ten.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1759 on: May 02, 2020, 02:10:29 am »

@LadyLiberty

It would be even more interesting to see them if they weren't padded with the deaths of people who id NOT die from the virus so NYC got more money.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1760 on: May 02, 2020, 02:18:11 am »
@LadyLiberty

It would be even more interesting to see them if they weren't padded with the deaths of people who id NOT die from the virus so NYC got more money.
The same thing was going on in PA, and the County coroners cried foul.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1761 on: May 09, 2020, 02:59:41 pm »
Coronavirus by Air: The spread of Covid-19 in the Middle East
BBC

An investigation by BBC News Arabic has analysed flight tracking data and open source footage which shows how Iran's largest airline - Mahan Air - continued to fly while government flight bans were in place, and contributed to the spread of Covid-19 in the Middle East.

Mahan Air ran hundreds of flights to and from Iran, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates and Syria between late January and the end of March. All these countries gave Mahan Air permission to land. And they did so while their own bans on routine flights from Iran were in place.

Sources within the airline told the BBC that dozens of Mahan Air's cabin crew were showing symptoms of Covid-19 and that when staff tried to raise concerns about the airline's management of the crisis and provision of safety equipment, they were silenced.

Mahan Air is sanctioned by the US for its links to the powerful Iranian Revolutionary Guard. ...
Full story and video at BBC
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1762 on: May 09, 2020, 03:04:11 pm »
This was a BAD thing?????

Is there somewhere we can send money to encourage more of it?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1763 on: May 09, 2020, 03:41:16 pm »
This was a BAD thing?????

Is there somewhere we can send money to encourage more of it?
Raffle off free tickets...(why not make money doing it?)

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1764 on: May 09, 2020, 03:50:49 pm »
Raffle off free tickets...(why not make money doing it?)

@Smokin Joe

Can't do it without getting arrested. The government hates competition.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1765 on: May 09, 2020, 03:54:19 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Can't do it without getting arrested. The government hates competition.
In some places raffles are taxed...the House gets its cut, anyway. Make it a 'skill contest' where they have to answer a question like 1+1=? and the winner is drawn at random from the correct answers, which are tendered with a submission fee to cover processing.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1766 on: May 09, 2020, 04:09:50 pm »
In some places raffles are taxed...the House gets its cut, anyway. Make it a 'skill contest' where they have to answer a question like 1+1=? and the winner is drawn at random from the correct answers, which are tendered with a submission fee to cover processing.

@Smokin Joe

Yeah,you realize I have chemo brain,right? On a good day I can go to the grocery store and not wonder if I am going to have to go to GPS to get directions back home.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1767 on: May 09, 2020, 04:13:00 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Yeah,you realize I have chemo brain,right? On a good day I can go to the grocery store and not wonder if I am going to have to go to GPS to get directions back home.
Try breadcrumbs, bro. You might get lost, anyway, but the birds will love you.

Seriously, carry spare batteries. I hope your head clears and the chemo does you some good.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1768 on: May 09, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »
Seoul city orders clubs, bars to close following group infection in Itaewon
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200509000029

The Seoul city government on Saturday effectively suspended business at clubs and bars in the city after recent infections in the city's popular multicultural neighborhood of Itaewon put health authorities on alert over a possibly bigger outbreak.

Under an administrative order that has gone into effect immediately, all clubs, bars, "room salons" and other nightlife establishments across the capital will be banned from hosting crowds of people, virtually suspending businesses at such venues.

South Korea reported 18 new cases Saturday, with 17 of those linked to the clubber. But health authorities forecast the number to further rise considering that at least 1,500 people signed in entry logs at the affected facilities.

(excerpt)

Uh-oh.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1769 on: May 09, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »
This is not a good sign.  South Korea has been called a success story.  Maybe too soon to be celebrating??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1770 on: May 09, 2020, 09:05:25 pm »
Ezra Levant  @ezralevant

Good news: not a single person in Canada under age 20 has died from the virus. Not one. Only two were admitted to intensive care and they both recovered. So why are schools closed? And waiters, waitresses, bartenders and store clerks — usually young people — banned from work?

1:55 PM · May 9, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1771 on: May 09, 2020, 09:51:09 pm »
This is not a good sign.  South Korea has been called a success story.  Maybe too soon to be celebrating??

I, for one, am not about to do any celebrating, other than Mrs. Liberty's and my good health (so far).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1772 on: May 09, 2020, 11:07:08 pm »
I, for one, am not about to do any celebrating, other than Mrs. Liberty's and my good health (so far).

Sounds wise.

WAY too early to be drawing conclusions or celebrating anything. There’s far too much that’s still unknown.  I’ve read multiple stories about people who have recovered from Covid, but have stayed very, very sick from all the complications.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1773 on: May 09, 2020, 11:08:39 pm »
Ezra Levant  @ezralevant

Good news: not a single person in Canada under age 20 has died from the virus. Not one. Only two were admitted to intensive care and they both recovered. So why are schools closed? And waiters, waitresses, bartenders and store clerks — usually young people — banned from work?

1:55 PM · May 9, 2020

Because young people can be carriers.

This has been known from very early on.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1774 on: May 10, 2020, 02:24:14 am »
Because young people can be carriers.

This has been known from very early on.
The biggest risk of being a carrier, especially a spreader, though, is through travel and barhopping, which transfer the virus from one population to another.

Based on the antibody testing in New York, essential workers have an even lower rate of infection than the general public.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024