Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1725 on: April 18, 2020, 03:32:04 pm »
That really pisses me off, Fred.

@Cyber Liberty

This is the kind of thing to expect when the soulless bureaucrats take over control from the actual humans.

It's an "institutional thing."

Damn shame more of the bureaucrats don't end up in institutions themselves.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1726 on: April 18, 2020, 03:33:02 pm »
@bigheadfred @Cyber Liberty

Welcome to rationed healthcare also known as single payer.  We're getting a sneak peak of what healthcare and treatment would be like if Dems get their way thanks to this virus.

I understand that some young dim millenials have already seen death panels as a way to fix the long term social security funding issues.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1727 on: April 18, 2020, 03:36:45 pm »
I understand that some young dim millenials have already seen death panels as a way to fix the long term social security funding issues.

Not surprising.  Remember the Obama line about "give her a pill and make her comfortable"?  That's the mentality of the ghouls on the left from the highest level down some brain-dead kid in College.

Bill gates is one of those that thinks we need a little depopulation in the world.  Rahm Emmanuel's brother is one of those death panel types as well.

They must be rubbing their hands together with glee at the possibilities right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DB

« Reply #1728 on: April 18, 2020, 04:13:43 pm »
Maybe these events will be a wake-up call for the younger generations.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1729 on: April 18, 2020, 04:32:51 pm »

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1730 on: April 18, 2020, 04:38:06 pm »
I think the problem is that when you’re in your twenties and thirties you can’t imagine being in your seventies and eighties.

Sure, do a Logan’s Run now, forgetting that one day it will be your turn.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1731 on: April 18, 2020, 05:42:13 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1732 on: April 18, 2020, 07:06:23 pm »
Why does India have fewer Covid-19 Cases?

Interesting thoughts here.

Point well made. Antivirals are in use in India. But step back and look at deaths per day in India, without covid.

First Google check.

Thursday, September 8, 2016, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

Data 4 years old.

26,703 people die in India daily

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #1733 on: April 18, 2020, 07:14:11 pm »
Are those REALLY U.N. estimates?  from W.H.O.?   :yowsa: :silly:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1734 on: April 18, 2020, 07:17:47 pm »
Death Rates  (2017 EST)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2066rank.html

Deaths/ 1000 population

US      8.20
India  7.30

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1735 on: April 18, 2020, 07:26:01 pm »
Death Rates  (2017 EST)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2066rank.html

Deaths/ 1000 population

US      8.20
India  7.30

The infant mortality rate for India in 2018 was 32 deaths per 1000 live births.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1736 on: April 18, 2020, 07:26:13 pm »
Death Rates  (2017 EST)

Deaths/ 1000 population

US      8.20
India  7.30
Does that take into account H1-B visas?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1737 on: April 18, 2020, 07:30:41 pm »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1738 on: April 20, 2020, 10:37:28 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1739 on: April 26, 2020, 10:36:24 pm »
Israel’s latest COVID-19 rules: All stores except in malls reopened
Shops can now open, subject to social distancing regulations; wearing of masks is mandatory in the public sphere, starting from age seven
By TOI staff   
24 April 2020, 7:51 pm

Israel on April 24 further eased its earlier restrictions amid the coronavirus crisis, with the regulations below in effect from midnight on April 25.

A) Stores and restaurants: The regulations permit the sale of food by restaurants for take-away (no seating); the opening of hair salons, beauty parlors and cosmeticians including laser hair removal; and the opening of stores in the public sphere except for enclosed malls.

Care workers: Care providers may work with individuals, or with people living in the same household, without contact, while maintaining a distance of two meters among those being cared for, and wearing masks and using disinfectants.

Masks: Wearing of masks is mandatory in the public sphere, starting from age seven, except for those engaged in sport or anyone who has a medical reason and certification to this effect. Fines will be levied for violating the requirement to wear masks from the first offense.  ... More at Times of Israel
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1740 on: April 26, 2020, 11:41:14 pm »
Sweden says its no-lockdown strategy proving effective against coronavirus
https://www.livemint.com/news/world/sweden-says-its-no-lockdown-strategy-proving-effective-against-coronavirus-11587365383534.html

Why do they have so many more cases than other Scandinavian countries then?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1741 on: April 26, 2020, 11:46:03 pm »
Why do they have so many more cases than other Scandinavian countries then?
Because this is the whole wad. (no flattened curve) and I'd wager there are some cultural considerations with the 'immigrants', too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #1742 on: April 27, 2020, 12:00:03 am »

Well, think about this virus.  It predominately kills those over 60 with pre-existing conditions.  Medicare and Social Security problems solved!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1743 on: April 27, 2020, 12:11:38 am »
Well, think about this virus.  It predominately kills those over 60 with pre-existing conditions.  Medicare and Social Security problems solved!

Figures.  I got my first SS check three weeks ago.  Time to put ol' Cyber on the ice floe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1744 on: April 27, 2020, 12:16:48 am »
I miss my Presidential press conference.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1745 on: April 27, 2020, 01:00:26 am »

Nope.  In the end, Social Security is still a ponzi scheme.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1746 on: April 27, 2020, 12:32:54 pm »
Europe prepares to roll back Covid-19 restrictions
Issued on: 27/04/2020 - 11:04
Modified: 27/04/2020 - 11:04

The governments of France, Italy and Spain are releasing plans this week for an easing of lockdowns imposed to curtail the spread of the deadly Covid-19 pandemic as other EU nations are monitoring how the continent’s hardest-hit countries handle the lifting of restrictions.

French Prime Minister Édouard Philippe will present the government's plan to unwind the Covid-19 lockdown to parliament on Tuesday and parliament will then vote on the measures.

Italy, which has recorded the world’s highest official death toll from the disease, is also set to emerge from lockdown, the longest to date, with Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte promising Italians on Sunday they would soon be allowed to stroll in parks and visit relatives as the country. ... France24
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1747 on: April 28, 2020, 03:10:06 pm »
UK on track for one of Europe’s worst virus death tolls
OAN, Apr 28, 2020

LONDON (Reuters) – Britain is on track to record one of the worst coronavirus death tolls in Europe, after data published on Tuesday showed nationwide fatalities topped 24,000 nine days ago.

A day after Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke of success in dealing with the outbreak, the new figures showed the week ending April 17 was Britain’s deadliest since comparable records began in 1993.

The Office for National Statistics said 21,284 people had died in England by April 17 with mentions of COVID-19 on their death certificate. Together with figures from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the total United Kingdom death toll was at least 24,000 as of April 19.

“The United Kingdom is going to be right up there among the worst-hit nations in the initial surge,” said Bill Hanage, associate professor of epidemiology at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

“With the most optimistic views of the amount of immunity that might be being generated, it would be still not be close to having enough to be able to return to normal,” he told Reuters.

Unlike the hospital death tolls announced daily by the government, the fresh figures include deaths in community settings, such as care homes where overall fatalities have trebled in a few weeks.

Overall, Tuesday’s figures for COVID-19 deaths in England and Wales up to April 17 were more than 50% higher than the daily toll for deaths in hospitals initially announced by the government.

More:  https://www.oann.com/covid-19-deaths-in-england-and-wales-35-higher-than-early-stats-showed-ons/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1748 on: April 28, 2020, 03:12:05 pm »
Italy’s prime minister defends snail-paced end to lockdown
OAN, Apr 28, 2020

ROME (Reuters) – Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte defended himself on Tuesday from widespread criticism of his highly cautious plans for a slow-placed end to Europe’s longest coronavirus lockdown.

The government has said strict curbs put in place seven weeks ago to curb the disease would be eased from May 4, when parks, factories and construction sites reopen.

However shops must remain shuttered until May 18, while restaurants, bars and hairdressers will stay closed until June 1 and students won’t be back at school before September.

The softly-softly approach has been criticised by businesses, lambasted by the opposition and even questioned by parties within Conte’s fragile coalition, worried by the huge economic and social toll of the long-lasting clampdown.

But the prime minister said he had no regrets.

“If I could turn the clock back, I’d do it all again,” Conte told La Stampa daily. “I cannot let myself be swayed by public opinion, even if I understand those feelings very well myself.”

Conte acknowledged the scientific committee advising him was “rigid”, but said the overriding concern was to prevent a second wave of infections.

More:  https://www.oann.com/italys-prime-minister-defends-snail-paced-end-to-lockdown/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1749 on: April 28, 2020, 03:16:54 pm »
When your culture basically is built around violation of personal space?

I can actually see his point, 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.