Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1650 on: April 17, 2020, 03:56:14 pm »
This is great coronavirus news @sneakypete

@Once-Ler

Not MY fault YOU can't connect the dots.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1651 on: April 17, 2020, 03:57:44 pm »
Statement in support of the scientists, public health professionals, and medical professionals of China combatting COVID-19

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30418-9/fulltext

We sign this statement in solidarity with all scientists and health professionals in China who continue to save lives and protect global health during the challenge of the COVID-19 outbreak. We are all in this together, with our Chinese counterparts in the forefront, against this new viral threat.

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins. We stand together to strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin. Scientists from multiple countries have published and analysed genomes of the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2),
and they overwhelmingly conclude that this coronavirus originated in wildlife,
as have so many other emerging pathogens.  This is further supported by a letter from the presidents of the US National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine and by the scientific communities they represent. Conspiracy theories do nothing but create fear, rumours, and prejudice that jeopardise our global collaboration in the fight against this virus. We support the call from the Director-General of WHO to promote scientific evidence and unity over misinformation and conjecture. We want you, the science and health professionals of China, to know that we stand with you in your fight against this virus.

@mrpotatohead

Santa is real,too. Honest! I remember seeing him on my teebee when I was a kid.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1652 on: April 17, 2020, 03:58:24 pm »
That isn't science. That's politics... Morons.
Right.

The rapid, open, and transparent sharing of data on this outbreak is now being threatened by rumours and misinformation around its origins.

Huh? From the people who destroyed samples, hid data, tried to cover up the outbreak in Wuhan? Who were even saying the disease wasn't readily transmissible from human to human even after data indicated it was?

Someone cashed a nice check, or is protecting a reputation and keeping other 'news' out of the news.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1653 on: April 17, 2020, 03:59:13 pm »
@mrpotatohead

Santa is real,too. Honest! I remember seeing him on my teebee when I was a kid.
I'll believe in Santa long before I believe that nonsense.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1654 on: April 17, 2020, 04:00:28 pm »
@Once-Ler

Not MY fault YOU can't connect the dots.

Some of us were not blessed with your brain.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1655 on: April 17, 2020, 04:16:17 pm »
Over the last 21 days, China has reported a total of 24 SARS-2 deaths.  Today, they are reporting 1,290.  Maybe the regular Chicom counter had the day off.

To put it in perspective, over that same 21-day period, they have reported only 752 new cases.  So for 1,290 to die today when there have been only 752 new cases in the past 3 weeks?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:20:14 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1656 on: April 17, 2020, 04:17:41 pm »
Pity.  :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1657 on: April 17, 2020, 04:18:24 pm »
Over the last 21 days, China has reported a total of 24 SARS-2 deaths.  Today, they are reporting 1,290.  Maybe the regular Chicom counter had the day off.
Maybe they had trouble rounding up enough political prisoners...

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1658 on: April 17, 2020, 04:21:02 pm »

Good point.  Coronavirus death combined with high-speed lead poisoning.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1659 on: April 17, 2020, 04:36:08 pm »

@Once-Ler

True. I will try to remember it's not your fault.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1660 on: April 17, 2020, 04:37:34 pm »

@Smokin Joe

Naw,it can't be that because it is a whole damn NATION of political prisoners.

« Reply #1661 on: April 17, 2020, 04:40:03 pm »
Tracking covid-19 excess deaths across countries

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries
Official covid-19 death tolls still under-count the true number of fatalities

Apr 16th 2020

AS COVID-19 has spread around the world, people have become grimly familiar with the death tolls that their governments publish each day. These numbers give a better indication of a country’s trajectory than do counts of confirmed cases, which largely measure how many people have been tested. Nonetheless, official covid-19 death tolls still under-count the true number of fatalities that the disease has already caused at that point.

In many places, official daily figures exclude anybody who did not die in hospital or who did not test positive. Often the cause of death takes several days to establish, which creates a lag in the data. And even the most complete covid-19 records will not count people who were killed by other conditions that probably would have been treated successfully, had hospitals not been overwhelmed by a surge of covid-19 cases.

More behind paywall at link

« Reply #1662 on: April 17, 2020, 04:43:16 pm »
@Once-Ler

True. I will try to remember it's not your fault.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1663 on: April 17, 2020, 06:24:10 pm »
Tracking covid-19 excess deaths across countries

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries

Official covid-19 death tolls still under-count the true number of fatalities

Apr 16th 2020

More behind paywall at link

Are you taking over TomSea's job?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1664 on: April 17, 2020, 07:20:21 pm »
Are you taking over TomSea's job?

@Hoodat Can you still see your posts?  wink777

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1665 on: April 17, 2020, 07:22:29 pm »
@Hoodat Can you still see your posts?  wink777

I meant his job as 'Most-Negative-News-As-Possible Tsar'.  But yes, I can see my posts.  Freedom is so exhilarating.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1666 on: April 17, 2020, 07:35:15 pm »
I meant his job as 'Most-Negative-News-As-Possible Tsar'.  But yes, I can see my posts.  Freedom is so exhilarating.
I'm sorry if the bad news triggered you.  Where do you think I should I post the news that conflicts with your world view, but is still available for Briefers who value being informed?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1667 on: April 17, 2020, 07:37:21 pm »
Use the Chicken Little thread.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1668 on: April 17, 2020, 07:41:22 pm »
Use the Chicken Little thread.
link please.

Online Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1670 on: April 17, 2020, 07:49:54 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,398666.msg2192660.html#msg2192660

Oh, for heaven's sake.... if you don't want to get news about COVID19, just stay off the threads that give that information.

Stop wasting bandwidth with absolute nonsense.

And stop being afraid.  It's not healthy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1671 on: April 17, 2020, 07:54:27 pm »
Oh, for heaven's sake.... if you don't want to get news about COVID19, just stay off the threads that give that information.

Stop wasting bandwidth with absolute nonsense.

And stop being afraid.  It's not healthy.

Why does someone expressing a different opinion based on facts and readily available information upset you so much?

Why do you keep engaging projecting by accusing others of being afraid when clearly its you living in fear?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

« Reply #1672 on: April 17, 2020, 07:57:28 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1673 on: April 17, 2020, 09:21:13 pm »
Why does someone expressing a different opinion based on facts and readily available information upset you so much?

Why do you keep engaging projecting by accusing others of being afraid when clearly its you living in fear?

Because I’m not afraid.

I just figure that the people trying to stop information from being shared are the ones who are afraid.

Truth is like fresh air.  Suppressing it is unhealthy.

The problem is most certainly not differing opinions.  The problem is calling people “Chicken Little” because they don’t want to see opinions they don’t like.

Now stop projecting, okay?

Thanks.  :beer:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1674 on: April 17, 2020, 09:22:54 pm »
Because I’m not afraid.

I just figure that the people trying to stop information from being shared are the ones who are afraid.

For the record, I wasn't the one deleting other people's posts because I didn't like what they said.  Just sayin'.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-