Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64833 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1600 on: April 16, 2020, 01:40:18 am »
Roamer is a GREAT guy.  I want to have his baby.
Wait? What?
I thought...
I am such a fool
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1601 on: April 16, 2020, 01:42:52 am »
All right.  What happened with roamer?

I don't know, but two members taunted him saying he would be back in a few days knowing that would only resolve his decision. @Applewood

Wrap-up-smear Nancy would of been proud of.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:45:47 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1602 on: April 16, 2020, 01:49:59 am »
@Hoodat .

All I ever get is a pain in the neck and a yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap...

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1603 on: April 16, 2020, 01:54:17 am »
@Hoodat .

All I ever get is a pain in the neck and a yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap...

I miss your shoe avatar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1604 on: April 16, 2020, 01:54:34 am »
Covid is a ground squirrel

The government is the badger digging big leg breaking holes

You so are all the livestock. Running wild from a freaking ground squirrel and breaking legs left and right. Forward and backward...

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #1605 on: April 16, 2020, 01:54:50 am »

I thought you were a guy!???

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1606 on: April 16, 2020, 01:56:30 am »
I thought you were a guy!???

I am.  So what?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1607 on: April 16, 2020, 01:58:01 am »
I am.  So what?
Not that there's anything wrong with that....   :rolling:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1608 on: April 16, 2020, 01:59:39 am »
Lack of testing is keeping the present numbers down everywhere.

Until there is adequate testing, we will not know how big this behemoth actually is.

IMHO I think it is inevitable that we will all contract this virus to some degree, with some becoming more ill than others and the fatalities will continue on just like the flu, but this virus is much more contagious.  As far as I know, it is still not known whether or not people will build immunity; so I believe that there is a possibility that there is more than one strain floating around out there and that is why it affects some people very mildly and other people who are otherwise healthy are dying.

As we get into the warmer months, it is seeming unlikely that heat and humidity will have an impact on this virus.  We are now starting to see our normal high humidity in FL and it hasn't made any substantial difference.

A vaccine is still over a year away and certainly we can't sustain stagnating the economy and trying to prop up everyone that has been told to shelter in. What if indeed there is more than one strain out there?  Will the vaccine truly protect people or will it only be effective against certain strains like the seasonal flu?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1609 on: April 16, 2020, 02:04:44 am »
I am.  So what?

A dingo ate me avatar.

Go with the flow takes on a whole new meaning moddy, maddy, dommy, dammy....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1610 on: April 16, 2020, 02:09:55 am »
IMHO I think it is inevitable that we will all contract this virus to some degree, with some becoming more ill than others and the fatalities will continue on just like the flu, but this virus is much more contagious.  As far as I know, it is still not known whether or not people will build immunity; so I believe that there is a possibility that there is more than one strain floating around out there and that is why it affects some people very mildly and other people who are otherwise healthy are dying.

As we get into the warmer months, it is seeming unlikely that heat and humidity will have an impact on this virus.  We are now starting to see our normal high humidity in FL and it hasn't made any substantial difference.

A vaccine is still over a year away and certainly we can't sustain stagnating the economy and trying to prop up everyone that has been told to shelter in. What if indeed there is more than one strain out there?  Will the vaccine truly protect people or will it only be effective against certain strains like the seasonal flu?
Just a guess, but I would think there are factors of diet, individual biochemistry, and lifestyle which make one more resistant to this virus, and other viruses in general. Genetics may even be a factor.
Are there/will there be subclades of this virus?
Almost certainly. Viruses mutate, and these will have had trillions of generations to adapt. Those adaptations may be enough to thwart the efficacy of vaccines.
Which is why the nature of the hydroxychloroquine/Z-pack/Zinc Sulfate regimen is attractive, because the zinc transferred into the cells would be, until excreted, effective against most viral takeover. Off the shelf, cheap, already known profile of possible side effects. The problem is that won't work for everyone, due to sensitivities toward macrolide antibiotics or problems with side effects of the hydroxychloroquine.  But the basic mechanism, use some thing to help the zinc get through the cell membrane and retard the viral takeover, as well as mild immunosuppression to ward off cytokine storm (one of the effects of macrolide antibiotics), is a pretty plain strategy that might be able to be accomplished by different pharmacology. That, imho, is where efforts should be concentrated.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1611 on: April 16, 2020, 02:10:03 am »
IMO, they need to stop the distancing. OPEN everything, and let nature take its course.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1612 on: April 16, 2020, 02:10:11 am »
I don't know, but two members taunted him saying he would be back in a few days knowing that would only resolve his decision. @Applewood

Wrap-up-smear Nancy would of been proud of.
Yeah I saw it too, and both look dumber for it...but I seriously think that last line is better left unsaid.  I say with huge respect @Sighlass it's not fair, and it's not true.

I'm here and @Mesaclone and @truth_seeker are here.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  I'm being completely honest there are many internet bubbles we can choose to live in.  This one is special and unique.  You're part of it but none of us is irreplaceable to the flavor and freedom of this forum.  That being said, I hope you have not soured on the time you've spent here.  I love your posts...especially the ones where you say I'm funny. 

Tomorrow will be a better day...it almost has to be. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1613 on: April 16, 2020, 02:10:24 am »
A dingo ate me avatar.

Nice fish!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #1615 on: April 16, 2020, 02:23:30 am »
A dingo ate me avatar.

I have that shirt.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1616 on: April 16, 2020, 02:30:46 am »

That's the big problem here.   There is still far more that is unknown about this pernicious virus than is known.  We know that it is twice as contagious as the flu, and that, as you have said, some people spread it who are asymptomatic (not true with the flu), some people are getting it who just stay home and recover, some people who are completely healthy get it and a few days later are dead, and those who die suffer horribly.

Health care workers on the front lines are not at risk from the flu are getting sick and dying from this.  Because this is so widespread and world wide there is not enough protective equipment to keep them safe. Others have continued to compare this to deaths from car accidents and heart attacks, but no emergency responder has ever died from someone else's car accident or heart attack.

This thing is deadly, and we just don't know enough about it yet to know what is ahead.

Staying at home is only going to be possible for so long, and the numbers I have heard are that 40 to 80 percent of us will get this eventually.

Even though there are a few here who keep arguing that it's not the case, this IS an unprecedented illness requiring unprecedented measures to contain it until treatments can be developed, and eventually, God willing, an effective vaccine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #1617 on: April 16, 2020, 02:38:59 am »
That's the big problem here.   There is still far more that is unknown about this pernicious virus than is known.  We know that it is twice as contagious as the flu, and that, as you have said, some people spread it who are asymptomatic (not true with the flu), some people are getting it who just stay home and recover, some people who are completely healthy get it and a few days later are dead, and those who die suffer horribly.

Health care workers on the front lines are not at risk from the flu are getting sick and dying from this.  Because this is so widespread and world wide there is not enough protective equipment to keep them safe. Others have continued to compare this to deaths from car accidents and heart attacks, but no emergency responder has ever died from someone else's car accident or heart attack.

This thing is deadly, and we just don't know enough about it yet to know what is ahead.

Staying at home is only going to be possible for so long, and the numbers I have heard are that 40 to 80 percent of us will get this eventually.

Even though there are a few here who keep arguing that it's not the case, this IS an unprecedented illness requiring unprecedented measures to contain it until treatments can be developed, and eventually, God willing, an effective vaccine.
goopo

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1618 on: April 16, 2020, 02:42:15 am »
READ THIS.

https://www.europeanreview.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2781-2783.pdf

More.

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-vs-sars

How does COVID-19 differ from SARS?

COVID-19 and SARS are similar in many ways. For example, both:

are respiratory illnesses caused by coronaviruses
    are believedTrusted Source to have originated in bats, jumping to humans via an intermediate animal host
    are spread by respiratory droplets produced when a person with the virus coughs or sneezes, or by contact with contaminated objects or surfaces
    have similar stability in the air and on various surfaces
    can lead to potentially serious illness, sometimes requiring oxygen or mechanical ventilation
    can have worseningTrusted Source symptoms later on in the illness
    have similar at-risk groups, such as older adults and those with underlying health conditions
    have no specific treatments or vaccines

That is straight up BS

Somewhere on one of these threads I provided the info that a VACCINE for SARS-1 was developed but never licensed and was shelved.

Where is this vaccine now? Why isn't it being talked about and studied? If these viruses are similar then, using advanced sequencing and splicing techniques, WHY are they talking about waiting for a year or more?

I'm calling BS on the whole game.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1620 on: April 16, 2020, 02:55:33 am »

@Hoodat

I logged on to the Huffington Post by mistake?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1621 on: April 16, 2020, 02:56:27 am »
READ THIS.

https://www.europeanreview.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2781-2783.pdf

More.

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-vs-sars

How does COVID-19 differ from SARS?

COVID-19 and SARS are similar in many ways. For example, both:

are respiratory illnesses caused by coronaviruses
    are believedTrusted Source to have originated in bats, jumping to humans via an intermediate animal host
    are spread by respiratory droplets produced when a person with the virus coughs or sneezes, or by contact with contaminated objects or surfaces
    have similar stability in the air and on various surfaces
    can lead to potentially serious illness, sometimes requiring oxygen or mechanical ventilation
    can have worseningTrusted Source symptoms later on in the illness
    have similar at-risk groups, such as older adults and those with underlying health conditions

That is straight up BS

Somewhere on one of these threads I provided the info that a VACCINE for SARS-1 was developed but never licensed and was shelved.

Where is this vaccine now? Why isn't it being talked about and studied? If these viruses are similar then, using advanced sequencing and splicing techniques, WHY are they talking about waiting for a year or more?

I'm calling BS on the whole game.
Other information indicates a very strong possibility that this variant SARS-CoV-2 is a chimera, the result of lab recombination of more than one type of coronavirus. The scientific papers touting the research are out there. Not "Conspiracy Theory", and the ties to the Wuhan Institute of Virology and the People's Liberation Army are present.

There is a serious and solid chance that this is a man made disease.

That doesn't change the fact that we don't know what it will do, nor to how many. It's something new, and has to be dealt with from that aspect, medically.

What it might change is how we regard the people who likely manufactured it and released it, whether through incompetence or design, and how we structure our trade, manufacturing, and relationship with that country.
They don't sell bats in seafood markets.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1622 on: April 16, 2020, 07:16:23 pm »
Airline passengers undergo Covid-19 blood tests before boarding
CNN, Apr 16. 2020

Perhaps a sign of what the future holds for air travelers, Dubai-based airline Emirates has begun carrying out Covid-19 blood tests on passengers at the airport prior to flights.

According to a statement released by the airline, the first rapid Covid-19 blood tests took place on Wednesday at Dubai International Airport, with passengers on a flight to Tunisia all reportedly tested before departure.

The tests were conducted by the Dubai Health Authority at the Group Check-in area of Terminal 3 and results were available within 10 minutes.

More:  https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/emirates-passengers-blood-test-covid-19/index.html

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1623 on: April 17, 2020, 12:11:22 am »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/emergency-room-doctor-near-death-with-coronavirus-saved-with-experimental-treatment/ar-BB12CdXL?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=mailsignout

I thought this was interesting. I find it to be very possible that this drug could stop an autoimmune response that occurs in some people with COVD19.
The doctors tried a drug called Actemra, which was designed to treat rheumatoid arthritis but also approved in 2017 to treat cytokine storms in cancer patients.

Considering that Cytokine storms are what seems to be the cause of the fatal pulmonary edemas, similar to HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema), this might work to prevent an immune system gone berserk from killing the patient.

Good catch, sorry I missed it in the kerfluffle.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #1624 on: April 17, 2020, 02:14:20 am »
Considering that Cytokine storms are what seems to be the cause of the fatal pulmonary edemas, similar to HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema), this might work to prevent an immune system gone berserk from killing the patient.

Good catch, sorry I missed it in the kerfluffle.

I suppose the rub is that you are in fact infected with a virus that that immune system needs to eradicate while at the same time keeping your immune system from killing you.