Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1575 on: April 15, 2020, 03:54:12 pm »
Bookface is flagging the video as "false," and not allowing it to be linked.

That is because FB is mentioned in the video as being in bed with the Chicoms.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1576 on: April 15, 2020, 03:58:32 pm »
Bookface is flagging the video as "false," and not allowing it to be linked.
Send out the link as text. I already have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1577 on: April 15, 2020, 03:58:57 pm »
That is because FB is mentioned in the video as being in bed with the Chicoms.
QED  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1578 on: April 15, 2020, 04:52:54 pm »
'Christ the Redeemer' Is Now 'Christ the Medic': Here's How Heroic Health Care Workers Are Ministering to Patients and Families
04-14-2020

Rio's Christ the Redeemer statue is lit up like a doctor and with the word "Thanks" projected in Portuguese, during an Easter service, in the midst of the new coronavirus pandemic, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 12, 2020. (AP Photo/Silvia Izquierdo)

Brazil has found a poignant way to honor health care workers fighting the coronavirus pandemic around the world. Rio de Janeiro's iconic 'Christ the Redeemer' statue was lit up and dressed like a doctor for Easter.

Projections playing across the statue showed flags from across the globe with the words "thank you" in different languages. The display was designed to show gratitude and offer a message of hope to medical personnel on the frontlines of the pandemic.

"This is a homage," says Omar Raposo, priest in charge of the Sanctuary of Christ the Redeemer. "A homage to all the health workers that are on the front line dedicated to the people that are, unfortunately, infected with COVID-19."

Read more at: https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2020/april/christ-the-redeemer-is-now-christ-the-medic-heres-how-heroic-health-care-workers-are-ministering-to-patients-and-families

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1579 on: April 15, 2020, 07:23:28 pm »
Asia Times: 

WHO expert warns of four deadly waves
'Covid-19 is about to march through sub-Saharan Africa and perhaps the Indian subcontinent like an avalanche'
by Dave Makichuk   April 15, 2020

Just when you think it’s over, it’s not over, says a WHO professor.

Prof. Lawrence Gostin, director of the World Health Organization’s Center on Public Health and Human Rights, said outbreaks in the developing world could lead to future epidemics even after the current one is brought under control, UK’s The Sun reported.

Covid-19 has swept across Asia, Europe, and North America in recent months, but is yet to infect significant numbers of people in Africa or the subcontinent.

Read more at:  https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/who-expert-warns-of-four-deadly-waves/

Brazil on the brink of a Covid-19 disaster
University study says actual coronavirus infection number is 13 times higher than the 26,652 officially recognized by the Health Ministry
by Pepe Escobar April 15, 2020   

According to a joint study by the universities of Sao Paulo and Brasilia, the actual number of Brazilians infected by the Sars-Cov-2 virus is 13 times higher than what’s officially recognized by the Health Ministry.

The official numbers, as of Wednesday, said there were 25,652 Covid-19 cases and 1,532 deaths. The study says that actually Brazil should have 312,000 infected people – and counting, raising the possibility of a health catastrophe before the end of April.

The Latin American country hardest hit by the pandemic, Brazil is registering a higher percentage of people cured of Covid-19 than carriers. The disparity is essentially due to the lack of testing, not to mention contact tracing – the practices that ensured the success of the South Korean model. 

Read more at:  https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/brazil-on-the-brink-of-a-health-disaster/

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 07:36:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1580 on: April 15, 2020, 07:36:01 pm »
VOA: 

Virus Choking Off Supply of What Africa Needs Most: Food
By Columbus Mavhunga Fri, 04/10/2020 - 17:10

HARARE - In a pre-dawn raid in food-starved Zimbabwe, police enforcing a coronavirus lockdown confiscated and destroyed 3 tons of fresh fruit and vegetables by setting fire to it. Wielding batons, they scattered a group of rural farmers who had traveled overnight, breaking restrictions on movement to bring the precious produce to one of the country's busiest markets.

The food burned as the farmers went home empty-handed, a stupefying moment for a country and a continent where food is in critically short supply.

It was an extreme example of how lockdowns to slow the spread of the coronavirus may be choking Africa's already-vulnerable food supply. 

Read more at:  https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/virus-choking-supply-what-africa-needs-most-food

Malawians Express Reservations on Planned 21-Day Lockdown
By Lameck Masina Thu, 04/09/2020 - 15:33

BLANTYRE - Malawi’s government has put the nation on lockdown to stop the spread of the coronavirus.  The virus has so far infected 16 people in the southern African country and killed two.  People providing essential services will be exempt from the lockdown, but many worry the restrictions on movement and work will put many at risk for food shortages.

Enless Muheziwa has been surviving on income she gets from selling dry wood after she exhausted the two bags of maize she harvested this year from her garden.

A single mother of three children is among thousands of farmers affected by armyworms this year, in Mulanje district in southern Malawi.

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/africa/malawians-express-reservations-planned-21-day-lockdown

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1581 on: April 15, 2020, 07:41:32 pm »
Rescheduled Tour de France Hoping to Make Nation Smile Again
By Associated Press
April 15, 2020 02:29 PM

PARIS - With the Tour de France pushed back to a late August start, race director Christian Prudhomme is hoping cycling's showcase event can help bring back a sense of normality to a nation reeling from the coronavirus pandemic.

Organizers on Wednesday announced new dates of Aug. 29-Sept. 20 for the race, a day after it was postponed. And Prudhomme is still optimistic that the three-week event will be able to feature its usual scenes of thousands of fans packed along the route each day.

"Lots of people smiling, getting back to the lives we love," Prudhomme told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "Usually we like to complain and moan about things. Then, when they're gone we realize what we're missing. The Tour de France will likely be the first big sporting event of 2020. So there will be fervor and enthusiasm."

Read more at:   https://www.voanews.com/europe/rescheduled-tour-de-france-hoping-make-nation-smile-again

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1582 on: April 15, 2020, 07:43:04 pm »
Lack of testing is keeping the present numbers down everywhere.

Until there is adequate testing, we will not know how big this behemoth actually is.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1583 on: April 15, 2020, 07:56:39 pm »
Seven dead, more than 100 infected with COVID-19 in NW Iran prison
    IRAN NEWS      4/15/2020      Author:Mahin Horri

Reporting by PMOI/MEK 

Iran, April 15, 2020—More than 100 inmates of Urmia Central Prison, located in northwest Iran, are infected with the novel coronavirus. Four are reported to be in critical conditions and held in the ICU branch of a local hospital. The names of these inmates are Akbar Nozari, Siavosh Mousazadeh, Ramin Hosseinzadeh and Saeed.

As of the publication of this report, at least seven inmates in this facility have lost their lives to COVID-19. Four of these victims have been identified as Anvar Ghorbanzadeh, Farigh Mohammadi, Hossein Javadi and Ms. Fatemeh Alizadeh.

On Sunday, April 12, authorities were forced to finally transfer four inmates in critical condition to a hospital outside of the facility and place them under intensive care. However, they have refused to take further action to test other inmates in this prison or at least adopt preventive measures to avoid a viral surge in Urmia Central Prison.

Four of the seven victims, including Anvar Bagherzadeh, lost their lives on Saturday, April 11. These individuals were in wards 3 and 4 of Urmia Central Prison where more than 500 inmates are held. Despite the fact that COVID-19 has been spreading exponentially in this facility, authorities are constantly denying such reports and refusing to take necessary action.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

More at:  https://english.mojahedin.org/i/iran-coronavirus-urmia-central-prison-20200415

I was afraid prisoners in these kinds of countries could really suffer and lack adequate medical and health care.

Heshmat Alavi@HeshmatAlavi
#BREAKING
Over 29,000 dead of #coronavirus in #Iran, according to opposition MEK
Read: https://bit.ly/3bdlCm0

Iran's latest official COVID-19 stats
4,777 deaths
76,389 cases

Seven dead, more than 100 infected with COVID-19 in NW Iran prison
Read: https://bit.ly/2yjzyvY

Read more at: 

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1250510995187007494

I feel bad for the Iranians, I also may have hurt that Kurds had been very much affected early on and I believe they said the center of the spread initially was Qom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Iran
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 08:03:03 pm by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1584 on: April 15, 2020, 10:04:23 pm »
From an article TomSea posted above:
"Covid-19 has swept across Asia, Europe, and North America in recent months, but is yet to infect significant numbers of people in Africa or the subcontinent."

All the more reason to close our international borders to EVERYONE and keep them sealed tight.

That means NO MORE international flights, or very few. And we should permit ONLY American citizens returning home to come in. And foreign nationals out...

Online DB

« Reply #1585 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:15 pm »
NOPE. BULLSHIT!

That's all folks! To my friends, thank you for the good times. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Delete my account.

Well that sucks. A lot.

I will miss you friend. Take care.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1586 on: April 16, 2020, 12:02:57 am »
Well that sucks. A lot.

That hurt me more than I could ever admit, @DB.  He was my friend.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1587 on: April 16, 2020, 12:34:53 am »
All right.  What happened with roamer?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1588 on: April 16, 2020, 12:39:57 am »

Badgers dig out ground squirrels, rabbits and other rodents. Livestock break their legs in those badger holes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1589 on: April 16, 2020, 12:53:34 am »

Y'all will need to ask him.  AFAIK his PMs work. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1590 on: April 16, 2020, 12:59:13 am »
Y'all will need to ask him.  AFAIK his PMs work.

Panopticon.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1591 on: April 16, 2020, 01:06:09 am »
Well that sucks. A lot.

There had to be more going on than what happened here.

There’s been a lot of what to me was inexplicable anger and condescension lately.

I love the guy, but when he rebuffed my wishing him a Blessed Easter, I knew something was really wrong.  We didn’t disagree on much, so I didn’t expect the rage on a subject like this.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1592 on: April 16, 2020, 01:14:47 am »
Where do we go from here now that all other children are growin' up
And how do we spend our lives if there's noone to lend us a hand

I don't wanna live here no more, I don't wanna stay
Ain't gonna spend the rest of my life, Quietly fading away

Games people play, You take it or you leave it
Things that they say, Honor Brite
If I promise you the Moon and the Stars, Would you believe it
Games people play in the middle of the night

Where do we go from here now that all of the children have grown up
And how do we spend our lives knowin' nobody gives us a damn

Things that they say, Just don't make it right
If I'm telling you the truth right now, Do you believe it

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1593 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:05 am »
Well that sucks. A lot.

GET BACK ON TOPIC!  Just kidding....  Acting like a Mod for a second...lol.

I hope @roamer_1 will return at some point.  Seems like a good guy.....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1594 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:50 am »
There had to be more going on than what happened here.

There’s been a lot of what to me was inexplicable anger and condescension lately.

I love the guy, but when he rebuffed my wishing him a Blessed Easter, I knew something was really wrong.  We didn’t disagree on much, so I didn’t expect the rage on a subject like this.

Probably because he isn't a Christian.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1595 on: April 16, 2020, 01:25:13 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1596 on: April 16, 2020, 01:31:07 am »
Where do we go from here now that all other children are growin' up
And how do we spend our lives if there's noone to lend us a hand

Where do we go from here now that all of the children have grown up
And how do we spend our lives knowin' nobody gives us a damn

I break down in the middle and lose my thread
No one can understand a word that I say
When I break down just a little and lose my head
Nothing I try to do can work the same way

Any time it happens I'd get over it
With a little help from all my friends
Anybody else could see what's wrong with me
But they walk away and just pretend

When I break down

I break down in the middle and lose my thread
No one can understand a word that I say
When I break down just a little and lose my head
Nothing I try to do can work the same way

Where are all the friends who used to talk to me
All they ever told me was good news
People that I've never seen are kind to me
Is it any wonder I'm confused

-Alan Parsons-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1597 on: April 16, 2020, 01:33:38 am »
GET BACK ON TOPIC!  Just kidding....  Acting like a Mod for a second...lol.

I hope @roamer_1 will return at some point.  Seems like a good guy.....

He IS a good guy.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1598 on: April 16, 2020, 01:34:28 am »
Roamer is a GREAT guy.  I want to have his baby.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1599 on: April 16, 2020, 01:40:12 am »
Roamer is a GREAT guy.  I want to have his baby.
Lololololololololol!