Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1525 on: April 14, 2020, 07:00:01 pm »
My apologies, @TomSea .  Here it is cleaned up in smaller font.

. . .

And lastly, I have never been a #NeverTrumper.  This has been pointed out to you repeatedly for years now, yet here you are repeating the same lie.  Allow me to reiterate again for you:  I am #NeverLiberal.  And if anyone takes a liberal position, whether it is Trump praising Planned Parenthood like he did during the campaign, or you citing Chomsky's words now, I am going to call you out on it.

Last word, promise?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1526 on: April 14, 2020, 07:11:16 pm »
Last word, promise?

@Cyber Liberty

I was responding to this new post which indirectly addressed me and my post.  I have apologized.  I have forgiven.  I have wiped the slate clean.  Except that the cleaned slate now shows a brand new post attacking me and labeling me falsely.  So tell me, @Cyber Liberty.  What do you want me to do?  Should I give a 72-hr grace period where I won't respond to anything TomSea says?  Would that do it?  Just say it, and I will do it.  Thanks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1527 on: April 14, 2020, 07:26:50 pm »
This is tiresome. Anyone have any new virus news? I'll start:
Coronavirus: 'World faces worst recession since Great Depression'
By Szu Ping Chan Business reporter, BBC News

The global economy will contract by 3% this year as countries around the world shrink at the fastest pace in decades, the International Monetary Fund says.

The IMF described the global decline as the worst since the Great Depression of the 1930s.

It said the pandemic had plunged the world into a "crisis like no other".

The Fund added that a prolonged outbreak would test the ability of governments and central banks to control the crisis.

Gita Gopinath, the IMF's chief economist, said the crisis could knock $9 trillion (£7.2 trillion) off global GDP over the next two years. ...
BBC

Good reason to get things up and running a.s.a.p.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #1528 on: April 14, 2020, 07:27:42 pm »
After reading the comments on this thread since my last post here about 4 pages ago, I would just like to say:

Ouch, My Gonads

wink777
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1529 on: April 14, 2020, 07:28:59 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

I was responding to this new post which indirectly addressed me and my post.  I have apologized.  I have forgiven.  I have wiped the slate clean.  Except that the cleaned slate now shows a brand new post attacking me and labeling me falsely.  So tell me, @Cyber Liberty.  What do you want me to do?  Should I give a 72-hr grace period where I won't respond to anything TomSea says?  Would that do it?  Just say it, and I will do it.  Thanks.

People make mistakes @Hoodat.  Let them teach others the best course of action, and help yourself, instead of forcing others to pick a side.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1530 on: April 14, 2020, 07:34:04 pm »
People make mistakes @Hoodat.  Let them teach others the best course of action, and help yourself, instead of forcing others to pick a side.

Not sure what that means, but I think it means I should shut up now.  Will do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1531 on: April 14, 2020, 07:34:20 pm »
Spain sees number of coronavirus infections continue to drop, with 3,045 new cases - half the number recorded six days ago - in further sign the country is beating Covid-19

-Spain's Covid-19 death toll passed the 18,000 mark in figures released by the government on Tuesday
    -Yet Health chiefs are confident the country has entered 'second stage' of the fight against the pandemic
    -The country reported its lowest increase in new cases since March 18 with confirmed cases rising to 172,541
    -Comes as Spain's non-essential workers such as factory workers started to return to work yesterday
    -Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID

By Rita Sobot and Sophie Tanno For Mailonline
Published: 06:17 EDT, 14 April 2020 | Updated: 11:14 EDT, 14 April 2020

...   It comes as Spain started to return to work yesterday as non-essential workers such as factory and construction personnel were allowed to resume their jobs after a two-week ban.    ... More at Daily Mail

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1532 on: April 14, 2020, 07:45:24 pm »
 :2popcorn:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1533 on: April 14, 2020, 07:48:28 pm »
Ill Children, Autistic People, Seniors Pressured to Sign ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ Forms

Victoria Fried man14 Apr 2020

The family of an 11-year-old cancer sufferer and an autistic support group have been pressured to sign ‘do not resuscitate’ (DNR) forms during the coronavirus pandemic.

Ilhan Ates-Suddes from Scarborough suffers from a rare cancer, called a Desmoid tumour, in his neck and jaw. His mother Margaret expressed shock when the family’s general practitioner asked the family if they wanted to sign a DNR form in case he contracts Chinese coronavirus.

Calling the request inhumane, his mother said in comments reported by The Times: “Ilhan has fought cancer for seven years. There’s no way I’m going to let anyone give up on him.”

“They asked if we wanted a DNR if Ilhan had to be taken to hospital. When I called to complain, one of the GPs said there had been a mistake. But how on earth can someone see an 11-year-old boy’s age on a computer and think that it is ­responsible behaviour?” the mother said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/04/14/ill-children-autistic-people-seniors-pressure-do-not-resuscitate-forms/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #1534 on: April 14, 2020, 07:52:28 pm »
Not sure what that means, but I think it means I should shut up now.  Will do.
@Hoodat The horse is so bruised at this point that the whip is splattering everything in a 30 ft radius.  It might feel good, and Lord knows, I'm not above wallowing in schadenfreude, but yeah this fight will champion no winners.  Let's talk about something less emotional like abortion or guns.  :laugh:

« Reply #1535 on: April 14, 2020, 07:54:46 pm »
Spain sees number of coronavirus infections continue to drop, with 3,045 new cases - half the number recorded six days ago - in further sign the country is beating Covid-19

-Spain's Covid-19 death toll passed the 18,000 mark in figures released by the government on Tuesday
    -Yet Health chiefs are confident the country has entered 'second stage' of the fight against the pandemic
    -The country reported its lowest increase in new cases since March 18 with confirmed cases rising to 172,541
    -Comes as Spain's non-essential workers such as factory workers started to return to work yesterday
    -Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID

By Rita Sobot and Sophie Tanno For Mailonline
Published: 06:17 EDT, 14 April 2020 | Updated: 11:14 EDT, 14 April 2020

...   It comes as Spain started to return to work yesterday as non-essential workers such as factory and construction personnel were allowed to resume their jobs after a two-week ban.    ... More at Daily Mail

Thanx for posting this @mountaineer ...help us learn from Spain's example.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1536 on: April 14, 2020, 07:58:00 pm »
Thanx for posting this @mountaineer ...help us learn from Spain's example.
I think once we've "peaked" (my state is projected to do that by Saturday), we certainly can take the first steps to normalcy.

Edit to add: I just realized that projection came from the Gates-funded IHME.  *****rollingeyes*****  What to believe, what to believe ...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 08:04:18 pm by mountaineer »

« Reply #1537 on: April 14, 2020, 07:59:30 pm »
The family of an 11-year-old cancer sufferer and an autistic support group have been pressured to sign ‘do not resuscitate’ (DNR) forms during the coronavirus pandemic.

Ilhan Ates-Suddes from Scarborough suffers from a rare cancer, called a Desmoid tumour, in his neck and jaw. His mother Margaret expressed shock when the family’s general practitioner asked the family if they wanted to sign a DNR form in case he contracts Chinese coronavirus.

Calling the request inhumane, his mother said in comments reported by The Times: “Ilhan has fought cancer for seven years. There’s no way I’m going to let anyone give up on him.”

“They asked if we wanted a DNR if Ilhan had to be taken to hospital. When I called to complain, one of the GPs said there had been a mistake. But how on earth can someone see an 11-year-old boy’s age on a computer and think that it is ­responsible behaviour?” the mother said.

@mystery-ak I threw up a little in my mouth reading this.  Feeling dizzy.  I don't recognize this world except in my nightmares.

« Reply #1538 on: April 14, 2020, 08:01:17 pm »
I think once we've "peaked" (my state is projected to do that by Saturday), we certainly can take the first steps to normalcy.

It can't come soon enough.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1539 on: April 14, 2020, 08:04:23 pm »
What is the Chinese-virus case fatality rate?

WUWT by Christopher Monckton of Brenchley 4/14/2020

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/04/14/what-is-the-chinese-virus-case-fatality-rate-coronavirus/

As the mean daily compound growth rates both in total confirmed cases and in total deaths continue to drop in most countries in the direction of levels at which it might become safe to end the lockdowns (in those countries that have them), one question continues to be difficult to answer. What is the true case fatality rate? In other words, what fraction of those who become infected will die?

During the early stages of a pandemic, the least unreliable way to get a handle on the case fatality rate is to look at the closed cases – those who have been infected and have either recovered or died. However, innumerate governments, not realizing that for this reason counting those who have recovered is no less important than counting those who have died, have been negligent in keeping proper track of recoveries. Indeed, Britain has proven so incompetent at keep track of those who have been discharged from the centrally-managed hospitals in the Government’s care that yesterday it abandoned the publication of daily recovery counts altogether. In consequence of such mismanagement, ten days ago the ratio of deaths to closed cases in the world excluding China and occupied Tibet was 27%.

The World Health Organization, which has not covered itself in glory in handling this pandemic, originally estimated a case fatality rate of 2% and then revised it to 3.4%. But it had originally estimated that the SARS case fatality rate was 2%, and it came out at 10%.

The useless World Health Organization ought to have developed a standard reporting protocol by now, but if there is such a thing there seems to be little evidence that it is being followed.

More at link.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1540 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:57 pm »
:im waiting:  :im waiting:  :im waiting:

@MOD3

That look doesn't intimidate me at all.

Don't believe me,ask any of my exes.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #1541 on: April 14, 2020, 08:22:55 pm »
:im waiting:  :im waiting:  :im waiting:
@MOD3

That look doesn't intimidate me at all.

Don't believe me,ask any of my exes.

I'm married with children...Looks like Sunday Dinner with one of the kids at a friends.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1542 on: April 14, 2020, 08:23:43 pm »
This is tiresome. Anyone have any new virus news? I'll start:BBC

Good reason to get things up and running a.s.a.p.
Entirely true.

But responsibly, not in wreckless haste.

For economic reasons there is incentive to get back to work.

OTOH meeting places which are gatherings of people, may be delayed.

We have a non-profit hall. Our officers and directors will becareful, lest we open a door for lawsuits later if somebody gets sick soon after re-opening.

My town has 40 churches, so we will also closely follow their actions, to guide us for our hall.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1543 on: April 14, 2020, 08:31:51 pm »

Edit to add: I just realized that projection came from the Gates-funded IHME.  *****rollingeyes*****  What to believe, what to believe ...

We seem to be on a steady plateau at our peak.  Works are in progress to get things up and running in a responsible way.

If people don't behave stupidly (most haven't been so far), things will be starting back up in a few weeks.   It's nice to have confidence in our conservative leadership.  Business is a high priority and they're working with businesses in the state to get things running as quickly as possible.

But no matter what, we are looking at a new 'normal' until there is a vaccine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1544 on: April 14, 2020, 08:33:20 pm »
I'm married with children...Looks like Sunday Dinner with one of the kids at a friends.

@Once-Ler

BINGO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1545 on: April 14, 2020, 08:34:40 pm »
It can't come soon enough.

Every single sane person in the country is on board with that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1546 on: April 14, 2020, 09:24:51 pm »
The Impact of Coronavirus on North Korea
Center: Asia Center

Despite reporting no cases of the COVID-19 virus, North Korea remains especially vulnerable to the pandemic due to its poor health infrastructure and proximity to virus hotspots. An outbreak of COVID-19 in North Korea could have crippling political and socioeconomic consequences for the country, including reduced access to food and greater internal instability. Though the U.N. Sanctions Committee has provided some exemptions to help North Korea deal with the coronavirus, humanitarian workers are still limited by travel and financial barriers as they try to obtain medical equipment and other aid. Meanwhile, Pyongyang’s lack of transparency compounds the difficulty of obtaining accurate information.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
You will be able to participate in the live Q&A using the YouTube chat box function on the YouTube page. You can also take part in the conversation on Twitter with #NorthKoreaCOVID.

Stalled denuclearization talks have hindered hopes of U.S. engagement with North Korea on the pandemic. But a COVID-19 outbreak in North Korea could have long-term implications for U.S. national security interests, including the U.S.-South Korea alliance and peace on the Korean Peninsula.

Read more at: https://www.usip.org/events/impact-coronavirus-north-korea

North Korea managed to push back COVID-19, analyst says

NEW YORK, April 14 (UPI) -- North Korea may have experienced some success in driving back the novel coronavirus because of measures taken in January and few cases near its 880-mile border with China, a U.S. medical expert said Tueday.

Kee Park, a lecturer in global health at Harvard Medical School who has visited North Korea for humanitarian purposes for over a decade, said during a United States Institute of Peace discussion that the Kim Jong Un regime's approach to COVID-19 may have had a better outcome than many believe.

Park did not comment on North Korea's claim of "zero" cases of the deadly disease within its borders. The analyst did say North Korea took early measures, some preceding the lockdown of China's Hubei Province.

Read more at:  https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2020/04/14/North-Korea-managed-to-push-back-COVID-19-analyst-says/6001586882152/?spt=su&or=btn_tw

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1547 on: April 14, 2020, 09:27:11 pm »

I'm not buying that.  Other countries have been able to reopen without a vaccine.  We can too.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1548 on: April 14, 2020, 09:29:20 pm »

We're looking at "normal" --period-- in a matter of weeks.  We've had enough.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1549 on: April 14, 2020, 09:30:04 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/emergency-room-doctor-near-death-with-coronavirus-saved-with-experimental-treatment/ar-BB12CdXL?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=mailsignout

I thought this was interesting. I find it to be very possible that this drug could stop an autoimmune response that occurs in some people with COVD19.