Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1400 on: April 14, 2020, 12:59:11 pm »
@TomSea

Can you please explain what was "out-of-order" about my posts which compelled you to delete them even though they did not violate any TBR posting rule?  I also would like to know why the thread was locked, and how much longer it will be before you repost the wrongly deleted posts.  Thanks in advance.

I would hope that no one here given Admin powers would abuse those powers by deleting posts he/she did not personally like.  There is no place for censorship or viewpoint discrimination here.  If my posts are within the guidelines set, then they should be put back up ASAP.

Amen.  This admin, deletes at will at anything they don't seem agreeable to, or any good honest candid feedback.  I'll just leave it at that.

The merits of the term "OMG" is a sterling example.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:00:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1401 on: April 14, 2020, 01:02:45 pm »
@TomSea

Can you please explain what was "out-of-order" about my posts which compelled you to delete them even though they did not violate any TBR posting rule?  I also would like to know why the thread was locked, and how much longer it will be before you repost the wrongly deleted posts.  Thanks in advance.

I would hope that no one here given Admin powers would abuse those powers by deleting posts he/she did not personally like.  There is no place for censorship or viewpoint discrimination here.  If my posts are within the guidelines set, then they should be put back up ASAP.

No one has a right to call out people in big letters here and that is what you were doing.

Saying OMG  and that whole statement was obviously to ridicule someone. Take that to the bank and complain all you want, those posts are on record.

Accusing others of being alarmist or bombarding the boards with certain stories too, is the same. If one wishes to have conversations,  I don't think one holds up others to ridicule.

@Hoodat
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:23:56 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1402 on: April 14, 2020, 01:04:21 pm »

No one has a right to call out people in big letters here and that is what you were doing

Saying OMG obviously, was to ridicule someone. Take that to the bank and complain all you want, those posts are on record.

Accusing others of being alarmist or bombarding the boards with certain stories too, is the same.

@Hoodat

And accusing somone of being blasphemous by using OMG?  Dude you have lost it......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1403 on: April 14, 2020, 01:09:23 pm »
Sorry, if one is taking cheap shots at others, all is fair.

Plenty of Christians see that as blasphemous, I left posts. You want to be a cry baby about it, go ahead.  Talk on topic and not about each other.

Your posts are on record, calling people "Turd" and so on, I wouldn't be talking.

I never claimed to be pious, high and mighty, and am plenty salty.  Versus someone else who seems not to have  the temperment or nuetraility to be an effective Mod.

Just sayin'

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1404 on: April 14, 2020, 01:16:36 pm »
What would  you know? You never post in world news forum or about anywhere else to begin with. These posts will be deleted if it is a continual personal attack against the well being of this forum. This discussion got closed down because of your personal attacks and it was asked to be reopened.  This is a message.

ALL OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE DELETED INCLUDING THIS ABOVE.

To be honest, I avoid anywhere you have moderator rights. 

But....

Thank you for confirming everything everyone suspected.  Have a good day.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:18:55 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #1405 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:20 pm »
Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1406 on: April 14, 2020, 01:28:07 pm »
No one has a right to call out people in big letters here and that is what you were doing

Saying OMG obviously, was to ridicule someone. Take that to the bank and complain all you want, those posts are on record.

Accusing others of being alarmist or bombarding the boards with certain stories too, is the same. If one wishes to have conversations,  I don't think one holds up others to ridicule.

@Hoodat
Are you having trouble with your eyes?

Just asking, because you just called someone out with "big letters", something "no one has a right to" do.

What I would like to know, is what "certain stories" are verboten?
Save my carpal tunnels, here, and let me know beforehand what it is that I (or others here) cannot post without it being arbitrarily whisked off to some electronic dumpster.

We also are given to understand that while many of us here are religious (something that goes hand in hand with conservatism), this is not a religious site. 
While as a rule people try to avoid being offensive, exclamations involving the name of the deity, made with respect to incredulous events, are not commonly construed as blaspheming because incredulousness is not a measure of irreverence, and calling on the deity more a reaffirmation of faith, rather than a repudiation thereof.
"OMG", for example, abbreviates the first three words of the Act of Contrition, a common Catholic prayer, a prayer of repentance said after Confession.

If someone just posts something you don't like, well, just engage that on its own merits instead of whisk it off to electronic dumpsterland.

Someone else took time to type their response or post the information they did.
I thought we were here to discuss this stuff.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1407 on: April 14, 2020, 01:30:18 pm »
FWIW, it is my considered opinion that @TomSea HAS grossly abused his admin powers on this thread @mystery-ak
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1408 on: April 14, 2020, 01:31:58 pm »
FWIW, it is my considered opinion that @TomSea HAS grossly abused his admin powers on this thread @mystery-ak

Wow, he just zapped 3 or 4 of mine, that were within forum guidelines.  This has gotten bad.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1409 on: April 14, 2020, 01:34:48 pm »
Wow, he just zapped 3 or 4 of mine, that were within forum guidelines.  This has gotten bad.

Talking on topic are the guidelines, not complaining about others.  Did you read, they looked at your personal attacks, still not saying anything on topic, are you?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1410 on: April 14, 2020, 01:36:42 pm »
Talking on topic are the guidelines, not complaining about others.  Did you read, they looked at your personal attacks, still not saying anything on topic, are you?

You are sadly confusing "personal attacks" with "honest candid feedback" I can't help that you can't tell the difference.

@mystery-ak  (before you delete another)

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1411 on: April 14, 2020, 01:36:44 pm »

For those of you who would rather hear the positive aspect instead of being bombarded with scary stories of the worst spin possible:

Looks like Boris Johnson is well on his way to full recovery.  We should be comforted by that fact.

Accusations against others, accusing them of bombarding the board with scary stories to give the worst spin possible.

Not only did I post on when he left ICU, this is a news forum.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1412 on: April 14, 2020, 01:38:11 pm »
You are sadly confusing "personal attacks" the "honest candid feedback" I can't help that you can't tell the difference.

@mystery-ak  (before you delete another)

Your posts were looked at. I won't say anything libelous, they were looked at in the deleted posts thread and they were found to be out of line by other people.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1413 on: April 14, 2020, 01:42:53 pm »

OMG!  DID SOMEONE JUST CITE NOAM CHOMSKY ON THIS BOARD???

How this is nothing short of trying to hold up someone to ridicule by someone who always claims to be conservative and nothing less, I do not know.

It's the news. I'm not sure if he is wrong on this, it merits discussion.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:46:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1414 on: April 14, 2020, 01:47:42 pm »
Are you having trouble with your eyes?

Just asking, because you just called someone out with "big letters", something "no one has a right to" do.

What I would like to know, is what "certain stories" are verboten?
Save my carpal tunnels, here, and let me know beforehand what it is that I (or others here) cannot post without it being arbitrarily whisked off to some electronic dumpster.

We also are given to understand that while many of us here are religious (something that goes hand in hand with conservatism), this is not a religious site. 
While as a rule people try to avoid being offensive, exclamations involving the name of the deity, made with respect to incredulous events, are not commonly construed as blaspheming because incredulousness is not a measure of irreverence, and calling on the deity more a reaffirmation of faith, rather than a repudiation thereof.
"OMG", for example, abbreviates the first three words of the Act of Contrition, a common Catholic prayer, a prayer of repentance said after Confession.

If someone just posts something you don't like, well, just engage that on its own merits instead of whisk it off to electronic dumpsterland.

Someone else took time to type their response or post the information they did.
I thought we were here to discuss this stuff.

Personal attacks are verboten.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1415 on: April 14, 2020, 01:48:05 pm »
@TomSea I sent you a pm....

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1416 on: April 14, 2020, 01:53:37 pm »
Keep it up, and loose what ever micro-spec of respect you have left.
This is the kind of abuse this member hands out.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1417 on: April 14, 2020, 01:55:00 pm »
And accusing somone of being blasphemous by using OMG?  Dude you have lost it......

Argue with the links, also putting it in big letters to call out somewhere. I mean, your the guy who calls other members "TURD". Nobody discusses matters to people who can't be more conversant than that.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1418 on: April 14, 2020, 01:56:38 pm »
Alrighty then...the posts are being restored so let us all get back on topic please.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:04:51 pm by mystery-ak »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1420 on: April 14, 2020, 02:03:31 pm »

That's enough Tom.....stop it!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:08:38 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1421 on: April 14, 2020, 02:09:42 pm »
@TomSea

The fact that YOU take offense to something someone else posts in no way makes that post untrue. I can't help it that you were indoctrinated in school and cannot see the truth for what it is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1422 on: April 14, 2020, 02:12:21 pm »
@TomSea

The fact that YOU take offense to something someone else posts in no way makes that post untrue. I can't help it that you were indoctrinated in school and cannot see the truth for what it is!

I'm not the one who has downplayed this virus in the US, must make some people in Beijing happy.  Better dead than red, that's the truth and you have no corner on it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 02:14:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline corbe

« Reply #1423 on: April 14, 2020, 02:13:39 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1424 on: April 14, 2020, 02:14:50 pm »
I'm not the one who has downplayed this virus in the US, must make some people in Beijing happy.

I have never once done anything here but tell the plain unvarnished TRUTH.  Sorry that doing that offends you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien