Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64831 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1375 on: April 13, 2020, 04:29:22 pm »
With 20/20 hindsight, perhaps easy to say:

Noam Chomsky:

"It is a colossal market failure.

"It goes right back to the essence of markets, exacerbated by the neoliberal savage, neoliberal intensification of deep social economic problems.

"It was known for a long time that pandemics are very likely.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1263376/coronavirus-news-uk-cases-deaths-europe-us-vaccine-noam-chomsky-spt

Russian Football Star Re-Creates Famous Album Covers in Quarantine

More:  https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/13/russian-football-star-re-creates-famous-album-covers-in-quarantine-a69968

Witty, reasonably funny.  :silly:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 04:34:50 pm by TomSea »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1376 on: April 13, 2020, 04:33:15 pm »
With 20/20 hindsight, perhaps easy to say:

Noam Chomsky:

OMG!  DID SOMEONE JUST CITE NOAM CHOMSKY ON THIS BOARD???
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1377 on: April 13, 2020, 04:56:04 pm »

For those of you who would rather hear the positive aspect instead of being bombarded with scary stories of the worst spin possible:

Looks like Boris Johnson is well on his way to full recovery.  We should be comforted by that fact.

@Hoodat

I found a couple of N95 masks in my workshop yesterday,and took them to the medical clinic where my ex works,and gave them to her. She is the receptionist there and had no masks other than the cheap ones.

I THINK I may have paid something like 5 bucks for a pack of 5 when I bought them,and the damn things are now selling for 30 bucks each to 100 bucks each on ebay.

Some people are so lacking in conscience they shouldn't even be called "people".

I think I might have some more stashed away somewhere inside the shop or one of the project cars in the shop,and if I find them,I will take them to her,too.

Who needs them more than doctors,nurses,and medical receptionists?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1378 on: April 13, 2020, 05:05:34 pm »

OMG!  DID SOMEONE JUST CITE NOAM CHOMSKY ON THIS BOARD???

Say what you want, this is news. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN HERE.   We do have Christians here and I would ask people to respect people's religious sensibilities.

I take it that we shouldn't have any articles on Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Harvey Weinstein and so on here as well. Please show some consistency.

This is one warning, carry out  your smears in this forum and they will be deleted in this forum.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:16:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1379 on: April 13, 2020, 05:55:26 pm »
Boris Johnson released from Hospital.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2020/04/13/British-PM-Boris-Johnson-tests-negative-for-COVID-19-upon-hospital-release/6361586772388/

See it here first, like I was first in saying, he was released from ICU.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1380 on: April 13, 2020, 06:10:11 pm »
@Hoodat

I found a couple of N95 masks in my workshop yesterday,and took them to the medical clinic where my ex works,and gave them to her. She is the receptionist there and had no masks other than the cheap ones.
. . .

I think I might have some more stashed away somewhere inside the shop or one of the project cars in the shop,and if I find them,I will take them to her,too.

Who needs them more than doctors,nurses,and medical receptionists?

Well done, @sneakypete .  I know it must have been difficult showing kindness by giving something to your ex.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

EU's von der Leyen threatens Hungary's Orban with legal action
« Reply #1381 on: April 13, 2020, 06:43:47 pm »
EU's von der Leyen threatens Hungary's Orban with legal action | DW | 12.04.2020
Deutsche Welle (www.dw.com)

EU executive head Ursula von der Leyen has warned Hungary of possible legal proceedings if executive powers to tackle coronavirus go to far. Prime Minister Viktor Orban can now pass decrees without parliament's approval.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen threatened Hungary with legal proceedings over new laws to slow the spread of coronavirus, in comments published on Sunday.

The EU was "ready to act if the restrictions go beyond what is allowed," Von der Leyen told German newspaper Bild am Sonntag.

Read more at:   https://www.dw.com/en/eus-von-der-leyen-threatens-hungarys-orban-with-legal-action/a-53101386

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1382 on: April 13, 2020, 06:46:44 pm »
Say what you want, this is news. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN HERE.   We do have Christians here and I would ask people to respect people's religious sensibilities.

I take it that we shouldn't have any articles on Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Harvey Weinstein and so on here as well. Please show some consistency.

This is one warning, carry out  your smears in this forum and they will be deleted in this forum.

OMG is taking the Lords's name in vain?  A smear?  You've taken the moderator's role to new comedic levels.  You can't be for real.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1383 on: April 13, 2020, 06:48:07 pm »

Agreed
'god' is not a name.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:50:45 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1384 on: April 13, 2020, 06:49:03 pm »
Forum  Discussion Locked  AND Reopened.  3:40 CST

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:44:44 pm by TomSea »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1385 on: April 13, 2020, 06:59:54 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

Jerusalem Post Special Content
Israel Govt. Selects Colel Chabad to Provide Food to Israel's Poor During Lock-Down
(JERUSALEM, ISRAEL) In light of the coronavirus pandemic, Israel is currently in the midst of an indefinite lock-down. Only stores that sell food and pharmaceuticals are open.
By LEO GIOSUÈ   APRIL 7, 2020

For them, the government has issued food stamps. There's just one problem: The government doesn't have the infrastructure to distribute these food stamps to those who need them. That's why they had to rely on a private organization for the distribution. And Israel’s social services realized that, of all the charitable organizations in Israel, the one with the best track record of providing food to Israel’s poor is none other than Colel Chabad.

That's why Israel’s Social Welfare Department has drafted Colel Chabad to handle an emergency effort to provide Passover nutritional support to 30,000 families whose livelihoods have been disrupted by the coronavirus crisis. Colel Chabad (est. 1788) is Israel’s oldest and largest social services network, and is the official government contractor to provide food security for Israel’s poorest citizens.

This is a massive logistical undertaking that requires working closely with large and small municipalities in order to identify the most pressing cases. “The time-frame in which all this must be accomplished is brutal,” says Colel Chabad’s Rabbi Shmuel Lipsker. “Pesach is two weeks off, and we have to provide 30,000 families with the ability to shop for the Seder."

More at:  https://www.jpost.com/Special-Content/Israel-Govt-Selects-Colel-Chabad-to-Provide-Food-to-Israels-Poor-During-Lock-Down-623923
Dennis Prager has been talking about this, look him up for more.

Offline TomSea

Explained: Kerala flattened the Coronavirus curve with three-pronged strategy
« Reply #1387 on: April 13, 2020, 07:15:51 pm »
Explained: Kerala flattened the Coronavirus curve with three-pronged strategy
Mudit Bhatnagar

Flying during coronavirus times

On January 30, India reported its first positive case of COVID-19 from the state of Kerala. Within a span of two months, Kerala rapidly emerged as the novel coronavirus hotspot in the country, along with Maharashtra. The two states remained at the top of the table for the most number of patients all through March and it seemed like there was no coming back for them once they breached the 300-mark.

But, as days progressed and COVID-19 rattled the rest of the country, Kerala silently fought the fatal virus and managed a huge turnaround. While Maharashtra's COVID-19 case count went past 2000, Kerala's did not even cross 400. Meanwhile, other states such as Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, and even Delhi exceeded Kerala by a huge margin.

Kerala did not only manage to flatten the COVID-19 curve but also diligently worked towards curing the infected. As of now, there are 373 positive cases in the state, out of which only 178 are active while 198 have recovered. Besides, Kerala's mortality rate is just a little above 0.5 percent with 2 deaths.

Read more at:  https://www.ibtimes.co.in/explained-kerala-flattened-coronavirus-curve-three-pronged-strategy-817458?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=817458&utm_content=&utm_term=

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: EU's von der Leyen threatens Hungary's Orban with legal action
« Reply #1388 on: April 13, 2020, 08:02:40 pm »
Hungarexit?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #1389 on: April 13, 2020, 08:25:01 pm »
How many divisions does the EU have?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1390 on: April 13, 2020, 08:33:17 pm »
Forum  Discussion Locked

@TomSea Why is this thread locked...please explain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1391 on: April 13, 2020, 08:34:21 pm »
It is strange to read that they would object to him imposing too strict of measures, that's how I read it.

Most people are doing enough by trying to follow the basics, imho, stay at home. social distancing... those things.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1392 on: April 13, 2020, 08:35:42 pm »
@mystery-ak

Okay, it seemed like there were some out-of-order posts but we will reopen if people want that. I will be watching this. Those posts were deleted so can be viewed there.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1393 on: April 13, 2020, 08:38:22 pm »
@mystery-ak

Okay, it seemed like there were some out-of-order posts but we will reopen if people want that. I will be watching this. Those posts were deleted so can be viewed there.

I think people want it re-opened..at least the people who have pm'ed me...lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1394 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:41 pm »
Well done, @sneakypete .  I know it must have been difficult showing kindness by giving something to your ex.

@Hoodat

Not wanting to give a false impression,our "smoke" was from decades ago,and the doctor that owns the clinic is our daughter.

Found another unopened pack of two N95 masks,and took them to her this afternoon.

I have no doubt I will find more as it goes along. This is the kind of cheap stuff that comes in handy when spraying rust remover,sand blasting small items,weed whacking,etc,etc,etc,and I normally buy stuff like this any time I am in an auto parts store buying something else. Cheaper to just buy it then than buy the gas and make a special trip to buy it when I do need it.

IIRC,I  used to buy packs of 4 or 5 N95 masks for about 5 bucks.

Only a fool keeps on fighting forever.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:50:53 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #1395 on: April 13, 2020, 08:51:47 pm »
That is disheartening.  Possibly explained by faulty tests, or purposeful disinformation.  I'll wait to become depressed about this until our doctors echo the same concerns, but thanx for posting this @TomSea .  It's scary if true.
@Once-Ler  @TomSea
Depends....were the test kits that cleared them some of the ones that came from China that were 90% incorrect?   

Side note:
1.  China hoards Billions of dollars (or tons, can’t remember which) of the worlds supply of PPE.
2.  Virus escapes from Wuhan.
3.  Coincidentally, it’s reported that Wuhan is home of a Bio Weapons facility.
4.  China lies, under-reports and does everything they can to downplay the severity of the outbreak.
5.  They release to the world virus detection tests that are ultimately shown to be 90% incorrect. (How does that statistically even happen?!?!)

If I was a member of the tinfoil hat brigade, why I might start to question that stack-up of curiosities.

Side, side note:   How strategically brilliant would it be to release a virus on the western world that isn’t really that horrific, but would either cripple their health care system, their economy or both, and then RELEASE THE REAL ONE.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1396 on: April 13, 2020, 09:27:46 pm »
@mystery-ak

@TomSea

Can you please explain what was "out-of-order" about my posts which compelled you to delete them even though they did not violate any TBR posting rule?  I also would like to know why the thread was locked, and how much longer it will be before you repost the wrongly deleted posts.  Thanks in advance.

I would hope that no one here given Admin powers would abuse those powers by deleting posts he/she did not personally like.  There is no place for censorship or viewpoint discrimination here.  If my posts are within the guidelines set, then they should be put back up ASAP.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1397 on: April 14, 2020, 01:01:07 am »
@mystery-ak

Okay..they are in Archives

No problem with occasionally locking threads until things settle down just tell them why you did it please..

If you have any questions at the time contact me or cyber...
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1398 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:56 am »
Okay..they are in Archives

No problem with occasionally locking threads until things settle down just tell them why you did it please..

If you have any questions at the time contact me or cyber...

I am at your service, @TomSea. You put in a lot of work keeping these threads straight.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1399 on: April 14, 2020, 12:55:30 pm »
Spain loosens coronavirus restrictions as nearly 300,000 return to work
By Amanda Woods
April 14, 2020 | 8:31am

Hundreds of thousands of non-essential workers returned to their jobs this week in Spain as the country partially lifted lockdown restrictions.

About 300,000 people who cannot work from home — including those in the construction and manufacturing industries — were allowed to return to work in and around Madrid on Monday, a spokesperson for the capital city’s regional government told CNN.

Shops, bars, restaurants and other businesses considered non-essential remain closed, according to the report.  ...  NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org