Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1175 on: April 09, 2020, 10:34:44 pm »
Be all that as it may, we actually have a petri dish that will help us understand the value or non-value of strong mitigation.  It's called "Sweden".

Infections in Sweden have risen exponentially since February and their death rates surpass their neighboring countries by astonishing rates.  The PM now cautions that death rates will be measured in the thousands and has presented Parliament with a plan to implement the type of lockdown other countries have been under for weeks.  Lots of information is found by entering "Coronavirus in Sweden" as a Google search. 

Sweden is worth watching if one is open to the possibility that early and strong mitigation works. 

Right here in the US ... I'd point you to California's infection and death curve after an earlier "lockdown" and compare it with New York's.  Which state is better off?

As a final observation, the "your own Dr. Fauci" is unfounded and a bit too snarky.  I hope you can rein in this kneejerk reaction.

It will be interesting to see how things play out in Sweden.  Their population is about 40% of Texas' population, yet their death prediction is 4182 to Texas' 2042.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
truth seeker mused:
"If he got Trump pills it will be huge."

Do you think anyone in the media is going to be so inquisitive as to ask about his treatment...?

Hopefully we may learn one day in the future.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

truth seeker mused:
"If he got Trump pills it will be huge."

Do you think anyone in the media is going to be so inquisitive as to ask about his treatment...?

I doubt the British press would be shy about asking that question.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good that this is getting more scrutiny!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1179 on: April 09, 2020, 11:38:47 pm »
It will be interesting to see how things play out in Sweden.  Their population is about 40% of Texas' population, yet their death prediction is 4182 to Texas' 2042.

They didn’t put restrictions on social contact, and it looks like they’re paying for it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1180 on: April 09, 2020, 11:41:59 pm »
Rural social distancing.

Around here you can pull into a completely empty campground, say with 30 spots. Set up camp. A rural person will drive up. Look things over and leave. Because that campground is full. An urban person will park right next to you...

Personal experience.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2020, 01:20:46 am »
Maybe she means the researchers in North Carolina from back in 2015 who were splicing Bat coronavirus into mouse adapted SARS-CoV backbones and inventing new more lethal human infecting forms resistant to vaccines or drugs, alongside two Chinese researchers from Wuhan. https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

Maybe they "knew something", too.

That's just playing with fire in a way that should never be done at all.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1182 on: April 10, 2020, 01:29:35 am »

I repeat...... the people I choose to listen to about this are actually people who are informed first hand about things that you clearly don’t want to know.

Oh I know about them.  But I choose to do my own research and not reply on the nightly dog and pony show of fear put on by two technocrats in the WH press room.  All of the predictions the two Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation members and donating Hillary supporters have made so far have been wrong.

The hospitals aren't overflowing with virus patients.  Even in New York the dire predictions aren't adding up.  No where near what everyone was predicting.

Wonder why that is?  Wonder what financial reasons there would be for those "people who know" on the "front lines" to to talk the way they do?

It makes for more intelligent dialogue..... none of which I’ve experienced with you about this subject.... at least to this point.

There you go projecting again.

The only way to get people to do things they normally wouldn't do is to make them believe they are experiencing something never before experienced in history.

That's what's happening now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I doubt the British press would be shy about asking that question.
In general the British press is biased, like ours.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1184 on: April 10, 2020, 02:04:10 am »
Beers from Castillo del Cyber all around!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'll drink to that!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1185 on: April 10, 2020, 02:04:43 am »

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
Turns out the Icelandic #COVID data shows almost the exact fatality rate of the new German data: about 1 in 300 - 6 deaths in 1648 positive tests). Somewhat worse than the flu, though other data suggests the flu is much MORE dangerous to the young.

https://www.covid.is/data

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1186 on: April 10, 2020, 02:15:11 am »
They didn’t put restrictions on social contact, and it looks like they’re paying for it.

We did place restrictions, and it looks like we're paying for it.

Just landed in what was the busiest airport in the world three months ago.  Now it looks like a scene out of Atlas Shrugged.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1187 on: April 10, 2020, 02:18:20 am »

Just landed in what was the busiest airport in the world three months ago.  Now it looks like a scene out of Atlas Shrugged.

That’s temporary.

Death is permanent.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1188 on: April 10, 2020, 02:23:30 am »

Mission accomplished.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1189 on: April 10, 2020, 02:26:39 am »
Death is also inevitable.  And it is also still happening.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1190 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:09 am »
Death is also inevitable.  And it is also still happening.

The economy will recover.   This crisis has brought so much innovation and creativity from the business community that once we round this corner (which will be soon), with good leadership, we will recover.

I am absolutely certain of that.

I'm sorry to see so much pessimism among some (fortunately just a few) of the conservatives on this board.

I wonder how all of you would have reacted to the Great Depression and all the sacrifices and rationing during World War II.  I wonder if you would have given up so quickly to real hardship and sacrifice when there is so much complaining about the tiny sacrifices we are making now

I wonder.......

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1191 on: April 10, 2020, 03:30:35 am »
The only way to get people to do things they normally wouldn't do is to make them believe they are experiencing something never before experienced in history.

That's what's happening now.

Right... One thing that is very common in a con is to start em down the garden path with fear - using an astronomical number   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
This is good news. I hope he’ll be back on his feet soon.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1193 on: April 10, 2020, 11:18:08 am »
The economy will recover.   This crisis has brought so much innovation and creativity from the business community that once we round this corner (which will be soon), with good leadership, we will recover.

I am absolutely certain of that.

I'm sorry to see so much pessimism among some (fortunately just a few) of the conservatives on this board.

I wonder how all of you would have reacted to the Great Depression and all the sacrifices and rationing during World War II.  I wonder if you would have given up so quickly to real hardship and sacrifice when there is so much complaining about the tiny sacrifices we are making now

I wonder.......
It has brought no innovation, no creativity. It has only brought deliberate SUPPRESSION. It has turned Hollywood into a bunch of amateurs blogging from their cell phones. Athletics have been shut down. You can't even go to church, and those in the media even blame church for spreading this disease. Government picks and chooses what kind of businesses are allowed to operate. You can't get a haircut. You can't even go to a dentist. Schools are closed. Elections are suspended. Friends can't see each other. A police state roams the streets vowing to fine anyone who dares spend time with more than one other person.

All under the premise that this will slow the spread of the disease. Yet new cases continue to climb, a month after social distancing cut 80% of human contact in this country, a number that was said to be enough to stop this. THIS. IS. NOT. WORKING.

In war and depression we were allowed to see our loved ones in person! We were allowed to work together! At least we had each other, and the government has torn that from us this time! That's what makes this so heinous. They are trampling on free religion, right to assemble, the legislative process, and so much more. The government response to this virus is tearing apart the social fabric of this country and the world.

That's why this must stop at the soonest possible time. We are trading a physical health crisis for a mental health crisis, and it hasn't even stopped the physical crisis. The Chinese Communists are laughing as we now live like them, and we all know that the government is not going to give up the power it has seized for itself without a fight.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:20:33 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1194 on: April 10, 2020, 11:24:39 am »
To clarify: I do not object to these types of measures IF they are short-term, i.e., less than a month. The social distancing measures used during the Spanish flu lasted about three weeks at a time. But they have to work.

Two weeks after the lockdowns started, new cases should have begun dropping dramatically. Instead, they're flat.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1195 on: April 10, 2020, 02:15:49 pm »
It has brought no innovation, no creativity. It has only brought deliberate SUPPRESSION. It has turned Hollywood into a bunch of amateurs blogging from their cell phones. Athletics have been shut down. You can't even go to church, and those in the media even blame church for spreading this disease. Government picks and chooses what kind of businesses are allowed to operate. You can't get a haircut. You can't even go to a dentist. Schools are closed. Elections are suspended. Friends can't see each other. A police state roams the streets vowing to fine anyone who dares spend time with more than one other person.

All under the premise that this will slow the spread of the disease. Yet new cases continue to climb, a month after social distancing cut 80% of human contact in this country, a number that was said to be enough to stop this. THIS. IS. NOT. WORKING.

In war and depression we were allowed to see our loved ones in person! We were allowed to work together! At least we had each other, and the government has torn that from us this time! That's what makes this so heinous. They are trampling on free religion, right to assemble, the legislative process, and so much more. The government response to this virus is tearing apart the social fabric of this country and the world.

That's why this must stop at the soonest possible time. We are trading a physical health crisis for a mental health crisis, and it hasn't even stopped the physical crisis. The Chinese Communists are laughing as we now live like them, and we all know that the government is not going to give up the power it has seized for itself without a fight.

I agree that we should stop this as soon as possible, but as for the rest of the pessimism, I cannot concur....

This is a difficult situation, and I can see that my optimism is not accepted, and it seems that, since I am in Ohio, I am seeing things differently, and more positively than most here are.  I will only clarify a few points, and then let this go....

- Here in Ohio, there ARE innovations and has been great creativity in our small businesses, research firms and manufacturers to solve this problem as quickly as possible.  Every day in our press briefings there is good news about people coming up with solutions, and how we can move forward out of this mess.  I see examples every single day.

- Athletics wasn't shut down.  It shut itself down.  Churches here weren't shut down.  The vast majority decided to love their neighbors and stop having larger group gatherings, but have very active online ministries, continued food ministries, continued counseling ministries, continued showing the love of Christ to the rest of the world.  Here in Ohio (not bragging, so no accusations, please), churches aren't under the order to cease meeting.  It's just that the vast majority of church leadership has made the wise decision not to meet so that the members of the congregation weren't put at great risk.

- The flat line IS the success.  If you just use basic math and the intense contagiousness of the disease carried by humans and spread by human contact, you can see that cases would be much worse if we continued to gather in groups as usual.  (The worst cluster outbreaks have been in places where people are together in larger groups.... nursing homes, church gatherings, prisons.....).

- Though we are kept from our greater families, there are many families who are spending more time together than they have before.  Families are eating together, playing in the yard together, worshiping together (albeit sometimes around the computer), and learning together.  This is a GOOD thing.  Because busy schedules have been curtailed, many people are spending more time in meaningful relationships than previously.  In addition, with technology and time on our hands, many families who are always apart are actually spending more time together.  As an example, I have had more quality time on Skype, Facetime and on the phone with all four of my kids who are scattered all over the country (and the world) than I have before.

But again, my seeing the best in this situation is obviously bothering some of you, so I will try to curtail my (public) optimism that the economy will recover and that we will come out of this a stronger nation than before, and keep my good feelings to myself.

Yes, this needs to end soon, and because we have been kind and loving and wise, it WILL end soon.  And because American ingenuity still exists, we WILL recover economically.  Families will be stronger.  What is really important will be more obvious.  The Church will be stronger, because so many have focused on Christ and devotion during these days, and not on themselves.

But, I have decided to take my optimistic ball and go home, because people here want to see the worst.  They want to be mad at people and the short term challenges, and not the virus, which is the real enemy.  God IS in control.  Use this time for the best.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 02:39:29 pm by musiclady »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail by  Danyal Hussain 4/9/2020

Europe could be close to herd immunity from coronavirus ALREADY with 15% of people carrying antibodies say researchers studying city dubbed 'German Wuhan'

•   Up to 15 per cent of people in hard-hit German town may already have immunity

•   Researchers discovered that Gangelt could be closer to immunity than thought

•   This means Europe as a whole could be closer to herd immunity than expected

Europe could be close to herd immunity from coronavirus already, with far more people infected than previously thought, according to a study in Germany.

Scientists studying Gangelt, the town at the centre of Germany's first big outbreak dubbed the 'German Wuhan', discovered that as many as 15 per cent of people may have already been infected with the virus and acquired immunity.

They said yesterday that they had found antibodies to the virus in people who had shown no symptoms of coronavirus, boosting hopes that the spread is slowing.

If 15 per cent of people do have antibodies, then Germany's actual death rate could be as low as 0.37 per cent.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8206831/Europe-close-herd-immunity-coronavirus-ALREADY.html

Offline Victoria33

Prayers for the PM and his partner.
It must be terrifying to be pregnant now.
@Gefn

A few days ago, I saw on line somewhere, a woman due to have birth at that time, died from the virus and doctors took the baby out of her and it lived.  There are so many terrible things happening to people now.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1198 on: April 10, 2020, 02:34:41 pm »
I should clarify here: IF we ever lift these restrictions and go back to normal, I DO believe that we will economically rebound, simply because so much demand has been deferred. That, I'm not worried about.

The problem is that I don't believe we are going to lift these restrictions in time. The R0 of this virus was supposed to be 2.6. That means the amount of reduction of human contact needed to flatten the curve was a little over 60%. We ended up hitting over 80%. And yet... figure: how long is it between infection, to positive test? Well, the average incubation is about 5 to 6 days. Then you report, you get the test, the test comes back (and we're at the point where once you submit the test, you can get the result back the next day). So, about two weeks is a safe estimate, right? So the first social distancing measures were way back four weeks ago, March 11. That's when the sports (where tens of thousands gather) were canceled. A week later, human contact had dropped to 20% of its previous levels. So, 20% of 2.6 is... 0.54. Somewhere in the last week of March, we should have seen a precipitous drop in new cases, by about half. Yet we didn't see that.

If this were true, that means the R0 would have had to be somewhere in the 5's, at which point there is no amount of social distancing that can stop this virus. We'll keep going on forever like this unless we physically fight for our rights back from these tyrants.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1199 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:19 pm »
To clarify: I do not object to these types of measures IF they are short-term, i.e., less than a month. The social distancing measures used during the Spanish flu lasted about three weeks at a time. But they have to work.

Two weeks after the lockdowns started, new cases should have begun dropping dramatically. Instead, they're flat.

Most disconcerning, is that a week ago, we were told that maybe 2M would die, now it is 60,000.  From my environmental and safety profession, I had to deal and use all kind of different models.  I guarantee that I never saw that level of disparity in their use.  I can just guess what look my plant manager would have given me if I would have told him that 10,000 would die from dispersion modeling, and then come back 10 minutes later and say none.  Credibility is a helluva competency  to waste.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.