Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64762 times)

Offline LadyLiberty

Good for them!  Every non-Chinese company with manufacturing there should be pulling out.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1151 on: April 09, 2020, 05:53:04 pm »
Maybe she means the researchers in North Carolina from back in 2015 who were splicing Bat coronavirus into mouse adapted SARS-CoV backbones and inventing new more lethal human infecting forms resistant to vaccines or drugs, alongside two Chinese researchers from Wuhan. https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

Maybe they "knew something", too.
How come Geologists and Reservoir Engineers, drill so many dry holes?

Could it be they are doing the best they can with the data they have?

Of course I'm referring to the real world, not the internet fantasy forum of anonymous brilliant Keyboard Wizards, Warriors, and Cowboys.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1152 on: April 09, 2020, 05:54:32 pm »
Be all that as it may, we actually have a petri dish that will help us understand the value or non-value of strong mitigation.  It's called "Sweden".

Infections in Sweden have risen exponentially since February and their death rates surpass their neighboring countries by astonishing rates.  The PM now cautions that death rates will be measured in the thousands and has presented Parliament with a plan to implement the type of lockdown other countries have been under for weeks.  Lots of information is found by entering "Coronavirus in Sweden" as a Google search. 

Sweden is worth watching if one is open to the possibility that early and strong mitigation works. 

Right here in the US ... I'd point you to California's infection and death curve after an earlier "lockdown" and compare it with New York's.  Which state is better off?

As a final observation, the "your own Dr. Fauci" is unfounded and a bit too snarky.  I hope you can rein in this kneejerk reaction.

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/7649/prepare_for_the_mother_of_all_s_t_storms_if_sweden_pulls_this_off

https://www.thecollegefix.com/epidemiologist-coronavirus-could-be-exterminated-if-lockdowns-were-lifted/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:56:17 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1153 on: April 09, 2020, 06:17:46 pm »
Be all that as it may, we actually have a petri dish that will help us understand the value or non-value of strong mitigation.  It's called "Sweden".

Infections in Sweden have risen exponentially since February and their death rates surpass their neighboring countries by astonishing rates.  The PM now cautions that death rates will be measured in the thousands and has presented Parliament with a plan to implement the type of lockdown other countries have been under for weeks.  Lots of information is found by entering "Coronavirus in Sweden" as a Google search. 

Sweden is worth watching if one is open to the possibility that early and strong mitigation works. 

Right here in the US ... I'd point you to California's infection and death curve after an earlier "lockdown" and compare it with New York's.  Which state is better off?

As a final observation, the "your own Dr. Fauci" is unfounded and a bit too snarky.  I hope you can rein in this kneejerk reaction.
Ever been to NYC?  They are so crammed together that I'm surprised it's not worse.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1154 on: April 09, 2020, 06:19:07 pm »

Of course I'm referring to the real world, not the internet fantasy forum of anonymous brilliant Keyboard Wizards, Warriors, and Cowboys.
It's always the engineers fault.   happy77

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Boris Johnson is out of intensive care and is ‘extremely good spirits’ as he continues coronavirus recovery
www.thesun.co.uk
ON THE MEND
Boris Johnson is out of intensive care and is ‘extremely good spirits’ as he continues coronavirus recovery
9 Apr 2020, 19:22
Updated: 9 Apr 2020, 19:24
BORIS Johnson is now out of intensive care and is in "extremely good spirits".’

More:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11366626/boris-johnson-is-out-of-intensive-care-and-is-good-spirits-as-he-continues-coronavirus-recovery/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 06:27:56 pm by TomSea »

Online DB

Sounds very reasonable. I think that should be mainly directed towards smaller companies. The larger companies should pay for the move themselves. They lead this trend towards moving production to China in the first place. Others had to follow to remain competitive.

Online DB

That's good to hear.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Terrific news.  I pray for a full recovery.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk

Still being treated in the hospital but out of urgent care.

Offline musiclady

Great news!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1161 on: April 09, 2020, 07:20:57 pm »
Yep.   Their leadership doesn't exist.  Their common sense doesn't exist.  Their concern for life doesn't exist.

IOW, they are all around stupid.

For the first few weeks of this, they spent all their time blaming Trump and doing nothing.  The people of their states are the losers for it.

(And I didn't even mention New York in my list of messed up states).
Since urban populations tend to vote Democrat, I'd also note that high population density, public transportation and crowded elevators, sidewalks, and other public spaces are just a pathogen's dream when it comes to hopping hosts.

The less urban, the more open space, social distancing comes naturally and easily, and the more likely folks are to vote GOP.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1162 on: April 09, 2020, 07:23:39 pm »

Economics. If y'all would just pay $100/bbl, then there would be a lot more productive wells out there.
BTW, I have only been on one dry hole in the past 20 years, and that was a rank wildcat in the Paradox Basin.
Some data is better than other data.
And I still know  a couple of working cowboys, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1163 on: April 09, 2020, 07:45:24 pm »
Since urban populations tend to vote Democrat, I'd also note that high population density, public transportation and crowded elevators, sidewalks, and other public spaces are just a pathogen's dream when it comes to hopping hosts.

The less urban, the more open space, social distancing comes naturally and easily, and the more likely folks are to vote GOP.

Agree with every point.

Though we are a relatively densely populated state, Ohio has a mix of urban and rural populations.  The big cities vote Dem but the rest of the state (including where I live) is quite conservative.

I’ve spent time in your wide open spaces, and understand your lower numbers just because of the sparsely settled areas across a vast expanse.

Here it’s more complex, but I will always believe (based on the facts) that the strong conservative leadership we have in the state and the mitigation that took place early in the game is the reason our numbers are not only lower than the larger states around, but that we have already leveled off in terms of the expected surge.

We have been given factual, honest information about what was going on, and thankfully the vast majority of us have willingly complied, and I think that’s why our state is going to come out of this sooner and more successfully than Michigan and PA where partisan liberalism set them way back.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1164 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:32 pm »
Agree with every point.

Though we are a relatively densely populated state, Ohio has a mix of urban and rural populations.  The big cities vote Dem but the rest of the state (including where I live) is quite conservative.

I’ve spent time in your wide open spaces, and understand your lower numbers just because of the sparsely settled areas across a vast expanse.

Here it’s more complex, but I will always believe (based on the facts) that the strong conservative leadership we have in the state and the mitigation that took place early in the game is the reason our numbers are not only lower than the larger states around, but that we have already leveled off in terms of the expected surge.

We have been given factual, honest information about what was going on, and thankfully the vast majority of us have willingly complied, and I think that’s why our state is going to come out of this sooner and more successfully than Michigan and PA where partisan liberalism set them way back.
:beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Idiot

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk

Still being treated in the hospital but out of urgent care.
Bet he got the malaria drug cocktail.

Offline Smokin Joe

Bet he got the malaria drug cocktail.
It will be interesting to see what treatment he got.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

It will be interesting to see what treatment he got.
If he got Trump pills it will be huge.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1169 on: April 09, 2020, 09:00:40 pm »
Ever been to NYC?  They are so crammed together that I'm surprised it's not worse.

Yes, I know.  My only point is the curve in NYC didn't begin to flatten until Cuomo and DeBlasio could decide on a lockdown, so imagine if they had done so earlier instead of inviting New Yorkers to ride the subway, go to restaurants, plays, parades and not change how they live their lives one iota.   :shrug:

@mrpotatohead

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1170 on: April 09, 2020, 09:01:48 pm »
This also serves nicely as a sunhat ...

I'm sure it does but that is irrelevant to the question you asked AND the links I posted in response.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Jim Hoft 4/9/2020

HUGE EXCLUSIVE: Chinese Doctor Shi Zhengli Ran Coronavirus Research in Wuhan After US Project Was Shut Down by DHS in 2014 for Being Too Risky -- PRIOR LEAK KILLED RESEARCHER

Chinese Doctor Shi Zhengli was part of a team that working on a coronavirus project jointly with US doctors in 2014 before it was shut down by the DHS for being too risky. 

After the US research project was shut down, Dr. Shi continued her coronavirus research in Wuhan, China.

Doctor Shi Zhengli from China was part of a team, including Doctor Ralph S. Baric, that published an article in a 2015 edition of Nature Medicine.

In the article they discussed bat coronaviruses that showed potential for human emergence.  The article was published in 2015.

This report was published shortly after their project was defunded by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

The HHS in 2014 sent a letter to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where they announced they were going to defund the program.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/huge-exclusive-chinese-doctor-shi-zhengli-ran-coronavirus-research-wuhan-us-project-shut-dhs-2014-risky-prior-leak-killed-researcher/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1172 on: April 09, 2020, 09:27:11 pm »
Well, if it is his Vietnam, let's remember who lost that war. It wasn't the troops on the ground, it was the Media and the Democrats.

@Smokin Joe

The same ones that started our involvement in it,and then refused to let our troops fight to win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #1173 on: April 09, 2020, 09:41:09 pm »
Economics. If y'all would just pay $100/bbl, then there would be a lot more productive wells out there.
BTW, I have only been on one dry hole in the past 20 years, and that was a rank wildcat in the Paradox Basin.
Some data is better than other data.
And I still know  a couple of working cowboys, too.

I was referring to "Keyboard Cowboys."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
truth seeker mused:
"If he got Trump pills it will be huge."

Do you think anyone in the media is going to be so inquisitive as to ask about his treatment...?