Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64763 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #1100 on: April 09, 2020, 08:07:18 am »
Mexican Drug Cartel Gives Out Food to the Poor Amid Pandemic
Laura Mallene

Alleged members of a Mexican narco cartel are delivering groceries to low-income families to help them overcome the consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, a blog covering narco cartels in Mexico reported on Sunday.

Pictures of boxes with labels saying “Cartel del Golfo in support of Ciudad Victoria..." appeared on social media. According to the pictures, the boxes contain some basic goods like oil, breakfast cereal and canned products.

El Blog del Narco said that people were told the labels were put on the boxes to remind that the aid did not come from the government.

Read more at: https://www.occrp.org/en/daily/12038-mexican-drug-cartel-gives-out-food-to-the-poor-amid-pandemic

Australia seems to be combatting this effectively but they are still carrying out restrictions.

https://www.miragenews.com/australia-coronavirus-live-data-charts-and-updates/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:10:48 am by TomSea »

rangerrebew

Corona in Germany: Easter is cancelled, Ramadan event with 50000 participants is not !
Posted on 6. Apr 2020   

Welcome to the “virus spreader”: 50000 Muslims in the Westfalen-Halls in Dortmund, Germany https://t.co/Z569i3WHiN pic.twitter.com/VYp9tnsljL
    — Fred Alan Medforth (@FredMedforth) April 3, 2020

Christian Easter is cancelled in Germany, but the Muslim Ramadan is to take place as planned – so far. For example with a large-scale celebration, where about 50,000 Muslims will gather in Dortmund for three weeks to celebrate. Europe’s major Ramadan event in Europe with 50.000 visitors (!) will take place in the Westphalia Halls in Dortmund. Despite allegedly great dangers because of Corona virus and despite the fact that the churches were urged shortly before to cancel the Easter festival. And they have been intimidated, with very few notable exceptions. At least this is what the city of Dortmund said a few weeks ago.And up to the hour the festival is eagerly advertised, but a request to the organizer, who continues to announce the event, whether the event should continue, has remained unanswered so far. Also the city of Dortmund has received a press request from the internet portal PP, as soon as we get more information here, we will publish it here! The only concession to the contact and curfew, allegedly implemented for our safety, that the municipality has made so far: the whole thing does not take place in the open air, but in the halls.

philosophia-perennis.com/2020/04/05/corona-vorbei-ramadan-veranstaltung-mit-50-000-teilnehmern-in-dortmund-wird-nicht-abgesagt/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1102 on: April 09, 2020, 11:32:31 am »
Why is it that the health care workers themselves across the board are telling us how different this is from ANY other health crisis they’ve faced?

We need to listen to them.  The information is out there to answer your question.

Why don’t you find out the answer from the people who know??

People who know?  You mean like the “people who know” that just two weeks ago that were predicting 200k deaths in this country by this week?

Oh wait...they knocked it down to 80k this week a few days ago.

The “people who know” that were claiming beds would be overflowing with virus patients to the point where hospitals would have enough room for all oft hem and would have to implement rationed care?

Are those the “people who know” that you’re referring to?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1103 on: April 09, 2020, 12:14:35 pm »
People who know?  You mean like the “people who know” that just two weeks ago that were predicting 200k deaths in this country by this week?

The “people who know” that were claiming beds would be overflowing with virus patients to the point where hospitals would have enough room for all oft hem and would have to implement rationed care?

You clearly are choosing not to read the actual words I’m saying.  If you were you wouldn’t be asking so many questions that have already been answered.

But in case you’re open to finding out at some point, I’ll say it again.

The “people who know” are those who are dealing with this disease first hand.  The medical people, doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, those in ERs and ICUs who say over and over again that this is the worst thing they have dealt with in long medical careers.  That this is most certainly not “the flu.”

I repeat...... the people I choose to listen to about this are actually people who are informed first hand about things that you clearly don’t want to know.

Now next time don’t formulate your cute little retort before you understand what’s been said.

It makes for more intelligent dialogue..... none of which I’ve experienced with you about this subject.... at least to this point.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1104 on: April 09, 2020, 12:17:24 pm »

Yeah. It's bullcrap.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1105 on: April 09, 2020, 12:52:51 pm »
Yeah. It's bullcrap.

Read my last post.  I was referring to people who have seen this virus up close and personal and are risking their lives (many getting sick and some dying), and who know it’s dangers.

They know it’s not bullcrap.

But it is kind of amusing that the people mocking social distancing are also mocking the fact that it’s working and slowing the spread of the disease so that hospitals are not overwhelmed and treatments can be developed...... which of course is the goal.

You guys get to ridicule the success of the solution you also ridiculed.

How convenient for you.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1106 on: April 09, 2020, 12:58:22 pm »
Read my last post.  I was referring to people who have seen this virus up close and personal and are risking their lives (many getting sick and some dying), and who know it’s dangers.

Good on ya, and good on them - Still bullcrap.

No, they don't.

But it is kind of amusing that the people mocking social distancing are also mocking the fact that it’s working and slowing the spread of the disease so that hospitals are not overwhelmed and treatments can be developed...... which of course is the goal.

It isn't a medical problem - It is a logistical one.

Success? What success?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1107 on: April 09, 2020, 01:30:58 pm »

@musiclady

My own 51-year-old daughter is a trauma certified registered nurse working at a 500+ bed hospital with as of yesterday 57 patients.  I know first hand what SHE says and its the same for her colleagues.  They ALL say that the reaction to this is WAY overblown and I'm going to take her word for that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1108 on: April 09, 2020, 01:43:53 pm »
Good on ya, and good on them - Still bullcrap.

No, they don't.

It isn't a medical problem - It is a logistical one.

Success? What success?

Thanks for the intelligent response to a complex issue.  Understanding your thought process in evaluating what's happening is so helpful. /heavy sarcasm

Success:  Because of early intervention in Ohio, the numbers of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are much lower than in other neighboring populous states where the measures were taken much later. 

Michigan, more than 20,000 cases, Pennsylvania almost 17,000 cases, Ohio, 5,000 cases.

Because of that, Ohio hospitals have had more time to get equipment, to increase capacity, and to protect healthcare workers on the front lines, treatments are having some success, and the vaccine is closer to coming into being.

But of course, to you that isn't success, because you want the virus to run its course immediately, let people die from it, healthcare workers and treatments be damned.

We'll never find common ground here, because I find your callousness inexcusable, and you find my desire to save lives 'bullcrap.'

I want to remain friends with you because in most areas we are in agreement.  On this issue, with my lifetime of exposure to the medical profession, medical professionals and a caring hospital staff and administration, and my hearing what they are saying (to a person) on this pandemic, I will never agree with the "let them die" attitude you have.

So I will probably put you back on Ignore so I don't lose any more respect for you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1109 on: April 09, 2020, 01:55:20 pm »
@musiclady

My own 51-year-old daughter is a trauma certified registered nurse working at a 500+ bed hospital with as of yesterday 57 patients.  I know first hand what SHE says and its the same for her colleagues.  They ALL say that the reaction to this is WAY overblown and I'm going to take her word for that.

My aunt suffered a massive stroke on Monday. She's hovering on the edge right now. Her son, who has been incarcerated for years, was released early to visit her but neither he, my aunt's daughter or husband are allowed to enter the hospital.

The hospital staff have asked the family to stop calling because each time they do a nurse must bring my aunt the phone and hold it to her ear.

No encouragement or comfort for her will come from family. So she most likely will die alone.

This is other side of this 'compassionate' quarantine.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 02:10:29 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1110 on: April 09, 2020, 01:58:29 pm »
Thanks for the intelligent response to a complex issue.  Understanding your thought process in evaluating what's happening is so helpful. /heavy sarcasm

Success:  Because of early intervention in Ohio, the numbers of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are much lower than in other neighboring populous states where the measures were taken much later. 

Michigan, more than 20,000 cases, Pennsylvania almost 17,000 cases, Ohio, 5,000 cases.

Because of that, Ohio hospitals have had more time to get equipment, to increase capacity, and to protect healthcare workers on the front lines, treatments are having some success, and the vaccine is closer to coming into being.

But of course, to you that isn't success, because you want the virus to run its course immediately, let people die from it, healthcare workers and treatments be damned.

We'll never find common ground here, because I find your callousness inexcusable, and you find my desire to save lives 'bullcrap.'

I want to remain friends with you because in most areas we are in agreement.  On this issue, with my lifetime of exposure to the medical profession, medical professionals and a caring hospital staff and administration, and my hearing what they are saying (to a person) on this pandemic, I will never agree with the "let them die" attitude you have.

So I will probably put you back on Ignore so I don't lose any more respect for you.

Your opinion of me, madame, is what is inexcusable - Both insulting and offensive.
My position is neither callous nor 'let em die'. Rather, I would save every single one.

And your example of it 'working' is absurd - I may as well brag about our mere 300 cases and single digit deaths. But I won't because it is preposterous.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1111 on: April 09, 2020, 02:19:52 pm »
Your opinion of me, madame, is what is inexcusable - Both insulting and offensive.
My position is neither callous nor 'let em die'. Rather, I would save every single one.

And your example of it 'working' is absurd - I may as well brag about our mere 300 cases and single digit deaths. But I won't because it is preposterous.

You will think what you will think because you think what you think is what everyone should think or they are stupid ....... facts notwithstanding.

Have a Blessed Easter, friend.

I will see you on the other side of this crisis.

Until then........
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 02:20:55 pm by musiclady »

Offline TomSea

Japan to pay firms to leave China, relocate production elsewhere as part of coronavirus stimulus

More than US$2 billion of the country’s record economic stimulus package will be used to help companies move production away from China

The move coincides with what should have been a celebration of friendlier ties between the two countries, before the pandemic struck

Bloomberg
Published: 10:32am, 9 Apr, 2020

Japan  has earmarked US $2.2 billion of its record economic stimulus package to help its manufacturers shift production out of China as the coronavirus disrupts supply chains between the major trading partners.

The extra budget, compiled to try to offset the devastating effects of the pandemic, includes 220 billion yen (US$2 billion) for companies shifting production back to Japan and 23.5 billion yen for those seeking to move production to other countries, according to details of the plan posted online.

The move coincides with what should have been a celebration of friendlier ties between the two countries. Chinese President Xi Jinping
was supposed to be on a state visit to Japan early this month. But what would have been the first visit of its sort in a decade was postponed a month ago amid the spread of the virus and no new date has been set.

Read more at:  https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3079126/japan-pay-firms-leave-china-relocate-production-elsewhere-part
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 02:25:23 pm by TomSea »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1113 on: April 09, 2020, 02:31:19 pm »
You will think what you will think because you think what you think is what everyone should think or they are stupid ....... facts notwithstanding.

Consider projection...

And I see the same facts you do.

Have a Blessed Easter, friend.

Pesach is already passed.

I will see you on the other side of this crisis.

Until then........

Yep..

rangerrebew

Report: Wuhan Funeral Homes Burned Coronavirus Victims Alive
« Reply #1114 on: April 09, 2020, 02:32:00 pm »

Report: Wuhan Funeral Homes Burned Coronavirus Victims Alive

Frances Martel7 Apr 20202

Locals in Wuhan, where the Chinese coronavirus pandemic originated, have heard screams coming from funeral home furnaces, and some treated in hospitals say they saw workers put living coronavirus patients in body bags, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported on Monday.

RFA noted that it could not independently verify that the Chinese Communist Party was burning coronavirus patients alive, nor has the Communist Party confirmed or denied the rumors. Yet the rumors persist that, to make room for new patients in Wuhan’s overcrowded hospitals, medical staff chose older patients less likely to survive the infection and shipped them to incinerators while they were still alive and conscious.

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020/04/07/report-wuhan-funeral-homes-burned-people-alive/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1115 on: April 09, 2020, 02:35:04 pm »
Beers from Castillo del Cyber all around!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1116 on: April 09, 2020, 02:35:11 pm »
My aunt suffered a massive stroke on Monday. She's hovering on the edge right now. Her son, who has been incarcerated for years, was released early to visit her but neither he, my aunt's daughter or husband are allowed to enter the hospital.

The hospital staff have asked the family to stop calling because each time they do a nurse must bring my aunt the phone and hold it to her ear.

No encouragement or comfort for her will come from family. So she most likely will die alone.

Oh NOOOOO!  I am so sorry!  My father died from a stroke after surgery in the hospital.  It was a time that I can't let my mind return to.  I'll pray for her and your family.  I have no words other than.....   HE IS RISEN!  That is our hope.....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1117 on: April 09, 2020, 02:40:18 pm »

Sad news on many levels @skeeter sorry to hear that.  I'll be praying for her.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1118 on: April 09, 2020, 02:41:04 pm »
Oh NOOOOO!  I am so sorry!  My father died from a stroke after surgery in the hospital.  It was a time that I can't let my mind return to.  I'll pray for her and your family.  I have no words other than.....   HE IS RISEN!  That is our hope.....
Thanks friend.

He is risen.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1119 on: April 09, 2020, 02:51:54 pm »
Consider projection...

And I see the same facts you do.

Pesach is already passed.

Yep..

Indeed!  All four (maybe five?) of you are right and the entire medical community is wrong.  Got it!

Stay safe. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1120 on: April 09, 2020, 02:55:53 pm »
@musiclady

I'm familiar with your POV on the reaction to the coronavirus @Bigun ---and I respect it.   I would be willing to jump on the bandwagon you're on .... but first I need proof that the decrease in dire predictions and hospitals not overflowing are not due to the mitigation efforts Americans have embraced.

Have you any links to support mitigation efforts did not have a positive affect? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1121 on: April 09, 2020, 03:01:11 pm »
I'm familiar with your POV on the reaction to the coronavirus @Bigun ---and I respect it.   I would be willing to jump on the bandwagon you're on .... but first I need proof that the decrease in dire predictions and hospitals not overflowing are not due to the mitigation efforts Americans have embraced.

Have you any links to support mitigation efforts did not have a positive affect?

Wouldn't that be attempting to prove a negative?

It's a sure bet those advocating the lockdowns of the population will claim credit for any shortfall of dead bodies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1122 on: April 09, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »
US Spokesperson Urges China Take 3 Steps
By NTD Newsroom   April 9, 2020

1.  Share virus data
  2.  Let international teams investigate how the outbreak began in China
  3.  Allow Chinese citizens freedom of speech

More at:  https://www.ntd.com/us-spokesperson-urges-china-take-3-steps_453629.html

As long as China destroys samples, etc. etc., is not transparent, why trust anything they say and here we are in April on this.

Don't give up, now, the oldest person to survive ---

Dutch woman the oldest in the world to survive Covid-19
By Janene Pieters on April 9, 2020 - 11:50

Cornelia Ras from Goeree-Overflakkee is the oldest person worldwide to survive a Covid-19 infection, a spokesperson for the World Health Organization (WHO) said to NU.nl. The 107-year-old woman was given a clean bill of health on Monday, after contracting the coronavirus during a church service in her nursing home in mid-March.

The WHO monitors the number of coronavirus cases worldwide. "We have not received any information of an older patient," the spokesperson said to the newspaper, but added that the age of a number of recovered patients is unknown. "But even then, she will most likely be the oldest."

Before Ras recovered, a 104-year-old man from Oregon was the oldest recovered coronavirus patient.

Read more at:  https://nltimes.nl/2020/04/09/dutch-woman-oldest-world-survive-covid-19

All from Radio Free Asia

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1123 on: April 09, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »
Indeed!  All four (maybe five?) of you are right and the entire medical community is wrong.  Got it!

Stay safe.

In a word, yes.

May your chains rest lightly.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1124 on: April 09, 2020, 03:08:07 pm »

Sonsabiches.  *****rollingeyes*****

My heart goes out to you pal. It sure as hell ought not be like that.
prayers all around.  :0001: :0001: :0001: