Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64831 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Does Iran's coronavirus crisis raise the risk of war?
« Reply #950 on: April 05, 2020, 11:22:36 pm »
Does Iran's coronavirus crisis raise the risk of war?

President Trump on Wednesday issued a warning via Twitter about a potential “sneak attack” on U.S. troops in Iraq by Iran or its proxy forces. He said there would be a “very heavy price” if the alleged assault was carried out. A top Iranian official denounced the accusation: “Iran starts no wars, but teaches lessons to those who do.”

Tensions with Iran, an ongoing feature of the Trump presidency, have not abated even as both countries battle the coronavirus. The U.S. has the most known cases of any country. Iran is facing one of the most severe outbreaks in the world. Iran’s official death toll is more than 3,000, though public health experts estimate that may be only a fraction of the true number of fatalities. The virus could kill as many as 3.5 million Iranians, one study found.

Much of the blame for the situation in Iran has fallen on the country’s leadership, which has been accused of downplaying the threat and underreporting the number of cases. At the same time, the Trump administration has been criticized — by both Iranian leaders and neutral observers — for refusing to lift sanctions that limit Iran’s ability to contain the virus. The sanctions make it harder for Iran to buy desperately needed medical supplies and receive foreign assistance.

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/does-irans-coronavirus-crisis-raise-the-risk-of-war-131433322.html

Offline TomSea

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #951 on: April 05, 2020, 11:58:11 pm »
This is interesting South Korea has been successful vs. The virus but how? Lots of surveillance.

5 Things Americans Should Know About South Korea’s Handling of Coronavirus
fee.org
Last week in South Korea, a 97-year-old woman—well into the age group most susceptible to the coronavirus—fully recovered from COVID-19.

This was one more victory for South Korea, a U.S. ally that is viewed as a success story to the world in combating the coronavirus pandemic.

The small country of South Korea is close to China, a huge nation where the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19 originated. Nevertheless, South Korea succeeded in stopping the spread of the virus and avoided shutting down its economy as the United States and most of Europe have done.

Read more at:  https://fee.org/articles/5-things-americans-should-know-about-south-korea-s-handling-of-coronavirus//amp?__twitter_impression=true

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Does Iran's coronavirus crisis raise the risk of war?
« Reply #952 on: April 06, 2020, 12:41:27 am »
I believe Trump should lift sanctions on humanitarian aid. Medicine, food etc.

And make it clear to Iranians around the world, where many have families, that is is to save lives.

I have a Cristian Iranian-American  neighbor with concern for everybody in his ancient homeland.

Good PR 

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

« Reply #953 on: April 06, 2020, 01:31:20 am »
I believe Trump should lift sanctions on humanitarian aid. Medicine, food etc.

And make it clear to Iranians around the world, where many have families, that is is to save lives.

I have a Cristian Iranian-American  neighbor with concern for everybody in his ancient homeland.

Good PR

There are no sanctions on Medicine and food.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #954 on: April 06, 2020, 01:46:26 am »
There are no sanctions on Medicine and food.
Sorry. My bad.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chinese Building Co. Ordered Int’l Offices To Hoard Medical Supplies Then Ship Back to China: Whistleblower

By C. Douglas Golden, The Western Journal
Published April 6, 2020 at 6:04am

In January, as news of the coronavirus was just unpleasant background noise in most of the world, an employee of Greenland Group — a massive, global property concern based in Shanghai, China, and backed by the government there — began turning its gaze away from the property market and toward a different set of activities.

“Basically, all employees, the majority of whom are Chinese, were asked to source whatever medical supplies they could,” a company insider told the Sydney (Australia) Morning Herald.

“There were numerous requests from the HR manager and even our direct reporting line [which] prioritized the assisting of the company in gathering these supplies over other work activities,” the insider said.

Instead of doing work, the source told the Herald, the company had “the entire accounts department, contract managers, the human resources team and even receptionists” tracking down surgical face masks, hand sanitizer, acetaminophen, thermometers, disinfecting wipes and gloves.

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/chinese-building-co-ordered-intl-offices-hoard-medical-supplies-ship-back-china-whistleblower
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Iran: How the Regime Is Trying to Exploit the Coronavirus Crisis
« Reply #956 on: April 06, 2020, 03:00:34 pm »
Iran: How the Regime Is Trying to Exploit the Coronavirus Crisis

by Majid Rafizadeh
April 6, 2020 at 4:00 am

The international community needs to refrain from handing the Iranian regime any direct financial aid. The four-decade history of the ruling mullahs has shown that any extra revenues obtained by the leadership have not benefited the ordinary people in Iran.

If the mullahs are seeking financial assistance because they actually desire to help their own people, why did they refuse America's offer of medical assistance? Why did their regime revoke its approval for the emergency team sent by Doctors Without Borders (Médecins sans frontières), along with the materials needed to build a 50-bed inflatable treatment unit?

The international community therefore must not directly give the Iranian regime financial aid: it will most likely be funneled into supporting the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and its terror and militia groups across the region.

Instead of handing billions of dollars to the ruling mullahs, financial aid can alternatively be towards trustworthy international medical organizations to combat coronavirus directly on the ground, both in Iran and other countries afflicted.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/15846/iran-exploit-coronavirus

Offline TomSea

« Reply #957 on: April 06, 2020, 05:53:24 pm »
Running out of beds and gear, Tokyo medical staff say Japan's 'state of emergency' already here
Ju-min Park, Izumi Nakagawa, Eimi Yamamitsu

TOKYO (Reuters) - As Japan faces a fresh wave of coronavirus infections and the government prepares for a state of emergency, medical staff say a shortage of beds and a rise in cases linked to hospitals are pushing Tokyo’s medical system to the brink of collapse.

See more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-hospitals-in/running-out-of-beds-and-gear-tokyo-medical-staff-say-japans-state-of-emergency-already-here-idUSKBN21O0K4
Japan is declaring a state of emergency, Tuesday:   https://apnews.com/39e8c694ce59dfd2e4092a3ca09db2b5     

Brazil-China diplomatic spat escalates over coronavirus supplies
Eduardo Simões

SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Renewed attacks on China by a member of Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro’s inner circle soured diplomatic relations again on Monday as the education minister accused Chinese medical equipment makers of profiteering from the coronavirus pandemic.

Brazil’s Education Minister Abraham Weintraub suggested in a Twitter post, which he later deleted on Sunday, that the disease would help China “dominate the world.” He referenced a cartoon character with a speech impediment to mock Chinese accents.

The Chinese embassy in Brazil, which had traded barbs last month with Bolsonaro’s son for comparing China’s handling of the disease to the former Soviet Union’s Chernobyl nuclear disaster, denounced the minister in a statement on Monday.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brazil/brazil-china-diplomatic-spat-escalates-over-coronavirus-supplies-idUSKBN21O22Z

Offline TomSea

« Reply #958 on: April 06, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »
Brazil minister offends China with 'racist' virus tweet
AFP

China demanded an explanation from Brazil Monday after the far-right government's education minister linked the coronavirus pandemic to the Asian country's "plan for world domination," in a tweet imitating a Chinese accent.

In the latest incident to strain ties between Brasilia and Beijing, Education Minister Abraham Weintraub insinuated China was behind the global health crisis.

"Geopolitically, who will come out stronger from this global crisis?" he wrote on Twitter Saturday.

Read more at:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/brazil-minister-offends-china-with-racist-virus-tweet/ar-BB12elXl

Coronavirus 'could wipe out Brazil's indigenous people'
By Joao Fellet BBC Brasil

Indigenous communities in the Amazon region and elsewhere in Brazil are in danger of being "wiped out" by the coronavirus, according to health experts.

Respiratory illnesses - such as those that develop from the influenza virus - are already the main cause of death for native communities.

By Sunday 5 April, Brazil had reported more than 11,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 486 deaths.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52139875

Offline TomSea

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson in intensive care after coronavirus condition 'worsened'
Kevin Breuninger

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved to intensive care as his coronavirus symptoms worsened over the course of hours Monday, according to a statement from the government.

“Since Sunday evening, the Prime Minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas’ Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus,” a spokesman for No. 10 Downing Street said in a statement.

“Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the Prime Minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital,” the spokesman said.

Read more at:   https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/06/uk-prime-minister-boris-johnson-in-intensive-care-after-coronavirus-condition-worsened.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:26:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/boris-johnson-shook-hands-with-everybody-at-hospital-housing-coronavirus-patients

March 03, 2020

Speaking with reporters at No. 10 Downing St., Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he shook hands with "everybody" at a local hospital which housed patients infected with the coronavirus.

"I can tell you, I'm shaking hands continuously," said Johnson. "I was at a hospital the other night, where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients, and I shook hands with everybody, you'll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands."

Johnson noted that U.K. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said "people must make up their own minds" when interacting with infected patients but that it was important people are washing their hands to slow the spread.

Offline Applewood

Well, I'm not going to fault the guy.  We all do dumb things and often we don't realize how dumb they are till much later. when calamity strikes.

So I will just offer my prayers for him as I do for all infected by this virus.   :0001: :0001:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #962 on: April 06, 2020, 07:48:03 pm »
Education Minister Abraham Weintraub insinuated China was behind the global health crisis. ...
Well, China IS behind this whole mess. It's about time they admitted it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 07:49:14 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

One other thing -- I notice that our elected officials -- not just Trump -- are not exactly practicing what they preach.  Both the PA governor and the mayor of Pittsburgh were on tv with their own announcements.  Neither was wearing a mask.  Plus the mayor was at a podium with two other guys -- not exactly social distancing. 

So I have nothing to adverse to say against the Prime Minister.  Our own leaders aren't exactly staying safe either.

Offline mountaineer

Nobody going on camera is wearing a mask. Afraid it will smear their makeup or, in the cases of Wolf and Pedoofus, muss their beautiful beards. Yet they demand we do it.

Irrespective of that:
Ryan Fournier  @RyanAFournier
Please pray for UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
His condition has worsened and he’s been moved to the ICU.
3:45 PM · Apr 6, 2020
I will pray for him.

Offline truth_seeker

In the sick deranged minds of some, PM Bjo's demise serves as a proxy for their oft stated Trump hatred.

Offline Applewood

In the sick deranged minds of some, PM Bjo's demise serves as a proxy for their oft stated Trump hatred.

Who is wishing for PM Johnson's death? 

Offline mountaineer

Who is wishing for PM Johnson's death?
There are plenty expressing that hope on Twitter. Despicable.

Offline Applewood

There are plenty expressing that hope on Twitter. Despicable.

So glad I don't do Twitter.,Facebook or the rest.   A lot of sick, mean spirited people on social media. 

And no, I'm not talking about anyone here who uses social media.

Offline TomSea

There was a twitter report last night, I think they were saying something like RT was saying it,  (that's Russia Today) that he was on a defibrillator.  Nowhere did the mainstream press say this, so I let it go.  Anyway, hopefully, Boris will get through this.  They say it is pretty painful.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There was a twitter report last night, I think they were saying something like RT was saying it,  (that's Russia Today) that he was on a defibrillator.  Nowhere did the mainstream press say this, so I let it go.  Anyway, hopefully, Boris will get through this.  They say it is pretty painful.
  :rolling:

What an astounding lack of medical literacy there. A defibrillator? Maybe they meant a ventilator, but you don't get "put on" a defibrillator. That's the device they put on your chest to shock your heart back into beating.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

What an astounding lack of medical literacy there. A defibrillator? Maybe they meant a ventilator, but you don't get "put on" a defibrillator. That's the device they put on your chest to shock your heart back into beating.

Possibly something was messed up in the translation.

Offline jpsb

I hope they have him on HCQ with zinc

Offline TomSea

Maybe it said respirator but I think it said defibrillator. I didn't post it, no matter what or it might have said ventilator. But I didn't think it had real back up.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I knew that.  Umpteen episodes of Emergency! clued me to that....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: