Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #900 on: April 04, 2020, 08:21:20 pm »
Lila Rose
@LilaGraceRose
Disgusting. As if the death toll isn’t high enough.

@WHO
 is proving once again it should not be trusted.

World Health Organization: Abortion Is ‘Essential’ During Coronavirus Pandemic -  Daily Caller

https://twitter.com/LilaGraceRose/status/1246528471141978115

Yes, what a bunch of losers.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #901 on: April 04, 2020, 09:24:04 pm »
Yes, what a bunch of losers.

This guy...

...needs to have his finances examined with a fine-tooth comb.  He is singularly responsible for the world-wide pandemic, and I want to know who exactly bribed him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #902 on: April 04, 2020, 09:25:48 pm »
Sweden's liberal pandemic strategy questioned as Stockholm death toll mounts
Johan Ahlander, Philip O'Connor

Among Sweden’s Nordic neighbours, Denmark has closed its borders and shut its schools, as has Norway, while Finland has isolated its main urban region.

Yet Swedes are able to go to restaurants, get a haircut and send their children to school even as the number of confirmed cases and deaths have mounted, above all in Stockholm which accounts for more than half the fatalities.

An analysis of smartphone location data showed that while visits to public places has fallen steeply in most European countries, Sweden is bucking the trend.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-sweden/swedens-liberal-pandemic-strategy-questioned-as-stockholm-death-toll-mounts-idUSKBN21L23R

There’s a reason for the term “stubborn Swede.”

And also for the term “dumb Swede.”

Myself excepted from both, of course.  happy77

But seriously, they need to get their act together quickly or the death toll will keep mounting...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #903 on: April 04, 2020, 10:22:26 pm »
Spain’s coronavirus deaths slow for second day in row
By Sara Dorn
April 4, 2020 | 3:14pm

Coronavirus deaths and infections in Spain slowed for the second day in a row, [/b

@mountaineer

This was to be expected. The "low-hanging fruit" has already fallen from the tree.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #904 on: April 04, 2020, 10:39:12 pm »
They decided to go on their trip to South America on March 9th... There were red flags all over the place by then...
Alberta already had 7 confirmed cases by then.https://resources-covid19canada.hub.arcgis.com/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #905 on: April 04, 2020, 10:43:11 pm »
Perhaps Sweden is taking the "herd immunization" route.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They've dreamed up a 10% tax on everyone that should help with all those travel expenses!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Jim Hoft 4/4/2020

Muslims Defy Berlin Lockdown Order - Hundreds Gather in front of City Mosque and Chant "Takbir" and "Allahu Akbar' (Video)

Some 300 Muslims gathered in front of a Berlin mosque on Friday despite the city’s lockdown orders.

The city is under a lockdown and no more than 2 people can gather in public. The mosque was closed so 300 muslims gathered in front of it to yell “takbir” & “Allahu Ahkbar”

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/muslims-defy-berlin-lockdown-order-hundreds-gather-front-city-mosque-chant-takbir-allahu-akbar-video/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #908 on: April 04, 2020, 11:05:00 pm »
A retired justice of England's Supreme Court opines:
A former Supreme Court justice has warned that the public are displaying "collective hysteria" over coronavirus.

Lord Sumption, who retired as a justice at the UK's highest court in 2018, hit out at the way that some police forces are interpreting the new rules.  ...

Lord Sumption told Radio 4's The World At One:"Anyone who has studied history will recognise here the classic symptoms of collective hysteria.  Hysteria is infectious. We are working ourselves up into a lather in which we exaggerate the threat and stop asking ourselves whether the cure may be worse than the disease."

He added: "Yes, this is serious, and, yes, it's understandable that people cry out to the Government, but the real question is, is this serious enough to warrant putting most of our population into house imprisonment, wrecking our economy for an indefinite period, destroying businesses that honest and hard-working people have taken years to build up, saddling future generations with debt?

"Depressions, stress, heart attacks, suicides and unbelievable stress inflicted on millions of people who are not especially vulnerable and will suffer only mild symptoms or none at all like the Health Secretary and the Prime Minister."  ...
Mirror
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

So, stand upwind and cough.... :whistle: 888mouth

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lockdown Imposed in China's Henan Province After Fresh Cases Emerge
« Reply #910 on: April 04, 2020, 11:24:49 pm »
Radio Free Asia 4/2/2020

As the ruling Chinese Communist Party increasingly claims victory over the coronavirus epidemic in mainland China, residents of the central province of Henan say there has been a local outbreak of COVID-19 in Jia county.

County authorities imposed travel restrictions on Wednesday after lockdowns in neighboring Hubei province eased, according to an official document seen by RFA.

Non-essential travel remains banned between villages and communities, with anyone coming in and out of villages and residential compounds required to wear a face mask, take a body temperature check and show a health certificate, the document said.

More: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/coronavirus-henan-04022020155235.html

Offline Smokin Joe

First class, if not charter, jets and 5 star hotels....?

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Re: Why Taiwan has become a problem for WHO
« Reply #912 on: April 05, 2020, 01:22:03 am »
Taiwan is the Asian version of Israel.

That's a good one! I didn't see it the first time through.

@Cyber Liberty

VIVA FREE CHINA, IOW, Taiwan.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #913 on: April 05, 2020, 01:25:40 am »
The Moscow Times:

Meet the Activist-Doctor Who Has Become the Kremlin’s Loudest Coronavirus Critic
Anastasiya Vasilyeva says she is trying to protect Russia’s first line of defense against the pandemic.
By Evan Gershkovich   

Anastasiya Vasilyeva has become the loudest critic on the Kremlin's response to the coronavirus. Alyansvrachey / Youtube

After weeks of working on overdrive, Anastasiya Vasilyeva, a doctor turned activist, finally had some time to kill.

It was late Thursday morning and the head of the independent Doctors’ Alliance labor union had just passed the halfway point between Moscow and the Novgorod region, six hour’s drive northwest of the Russian capital. Vasilyeva, 36, was traveling in a convoy of four cars stocked with personal protective equipment (PPE) — gloves, masks, respirators — that she and nine other union members were planning to deliver to two local hospitals.

“What we’re doing is helping our government,” Vasilyeva told The Moscow Times by phone. “They’re not doing this work, so we’re taking it on ourselves.”

Read more at: https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/04/04/meet-the-activist-doctor-who-has-become-the-kremlins-loudest-coronavirus-critic-a69846

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #914 on: April 05, 2020, 01:32:05 am »
Initiative in the USSR, oops, I mean Russia?

Good for her! I hope it starts the real end of the Communist era.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

From Nature.com
(NOTE the date of the article)

Letter
    Published: 09 November 2015

A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985.pdf (downloadable)
https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985 Web page that gives information on authors (click on author's name)

Note the Authors, and that among them, Xing-Yi Ge is from
Xing-Yi Ge

Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
and (I missed this the first time I posted this information) Zhengli-Li Shi
Zhengli-Li Shi

Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China

From the Abstract:
Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein. On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Our work suggests a potential risk of SARS-CoV re-emergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.
Considering the Wuhan Lab connections, was the work done in North Carolina shared/stolen/transferred and used to make the SARS-CoV-2 strain that causes COVID-19?

I am not accusing any of these researchers of any improper activity, but the connection to the epicenter of this outbreak is hard to ignore.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 01:45:21 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

As Coronavirus Spreads, Washington's $1 Billion Aid Cut Couldn't Have Come At a Worse Time for Afghanistan
Kimberly Dozier

In Afghanistan’s western Herat province, Governor Abdul Quayom Rahimi is bracing for the worst. Last week, Rahimi recorded 61 confirmed cases of coronavirus in his region, all in Afghans who had crossed the border from Iran. This week, that number doubled, and a now third of the cases are patients who had not traveled outside the country – an indication the virus is spreading freely. “I consider this the Wuhan of Afghanistan,” Rahimi said.

Like many governors in the U.S., Rahimi has found himself on the frontline of the effort to rally the Afghan government and citizens alike to pay attention to the growing threat coronavirus poses. Up to 2,000 Afghans cross the border from Iran, a global hot spot of the virus, every day into Herat, where there are just 10 ventilators, Rahimi says. Sixteen provincial doctors are already sick from the virus.

The governor has ordered factories to make masks and hand sanitizer, but he knows that COVID 19 will overcome whatever defenses he puts in place. “If it can do that to Iran and the rest of the world…I’m quite sure we will be overwhelmed in the coming weeks,” he said in a phone call Thursday from his home. “Our system is not very strong.”

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-spreads-washingtons-1-billion-224854059.html

So, just under 300 cases of corona there at the time this article was written.

Offline TomSea

I will look at these articles, maybe it should be a separate thread.

Offline Smokin Joe

I will look at these articles, maybe it should be a separate thread.
@TomSea Just one article, the first link is a downloadable pdf file, the second a webpage you can get additional information from, like a short CV of the authors by clicking on their names. 

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

China figured once they had it, they were going to make sure the rest of the world got it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #920 on: April 05, 2020, 02:27:45 am »
This is Jennifer Zeng narrating this? She's pretty good.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I don't have any doubt it came from the lab in Wuhan.  And now New York is accepting ventilators from China.

And in February out of "kindness" we sent China 18 tons of medical supplies.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:32:32 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No lockdown here: Sweden defends its more relaxed coronavirus strategy
« Reply #922 on: April 05, 2020, 03:37:45 am »
No lockdown here: Sweden defends its more relaxed coronavirus strategy
Published Mon, Mar 30 20205:48 AM EDTUpdated Mon, Mar 30 20204:04 PM EDT

Holly Ellyatt
@HollyEllyatt

While the rest of Europe imposes severe restrictions on public life and closes borders and businesses, Sweden is taking a more relaxed approach to the coronavirus outbreak.
Unlike its immediate neighbors Denmark, Finland and Norway Sweden has not closed its borders or its schools. Neither has it closed non-essential businesses or banned gatherings of more than two people, like the U.K. and Germany.

Sweden’s response to the outbreak is being overseen largely by the country’s Public Health Agency. It has taken a conspicuously different approach to the coronavirus from its international peers, trusting the public to adopt voluntary, softer measures to delay the spread of the virus...……

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/sweden-coronavirus-approach-is-very-different-from-the-rest-of-europe.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: Lockdown Imposed in China's Henan Province After Fresh Cases Emerge
« Reply #923 on: April 05, 2020, 03:49:45 am »
Never did think they were over it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The thought that this is bioweapon war is not a longshot.  We should not be accepting ventilators from them.