Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 64764 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #750 on: March 31, 2020, 02:52:35 pm »
I don't usually put out a PSA on much, but during this crisis I hope and wish everyone would just take a few minutes while you are out to thank the delivery person, the mailman, the policeman, the fireman, the stockman, materials production operation and maintnenance employees, the truck driver, the checkout clerk,  and everyone else who is doing their best to stay safe while keeping society, the supply chain, and the economy going.

Showing some verbal appreciation is a tremendous morale booster for many of these who could probably really use it right now.

And God bless those in the Medical profession right now who are basically the infantry soldiers in this mess.

Will do and goopo

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #751 on: March 31, 2020, 02:53:15 pm »
I don't usually put out a PSA on much, but during this crisis I hope and wish everyone would just take a few minutes while you are out to thank the delivery person, the mailman, the policeman, the fireman, the stockman, materials production operation and maintnenance employees, the truck driver, the checkout clerk,  and everyone else who is doing their best to stay safe while keeping society, the supply chain, and the economy going.

Showing some verbal appreciation is a tremendous morale booster for many of these who could probably really use it right now.

And God bless those in the Medical profession right now who are basically the infantry soldiers in this mess.

Hell, yeah. I already have been doing this with my words and my money.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #752 on: March 31, 2020, 02:54:46 pm »
    Because "they" aren't the president. He has the bully pulpit. He should be doing it. Did Obama or Bush hop on twitter every time they were pilloried with responses reminiscent of tween girl venom? They were both re-elected; let's see in November if Trump can say the same thing.

I am certain that swing voters can't wait to sign up for 4 more years of this daily belching of immaturity and diminishment from the office of the presidency.
Revenue measures originate in the House, in order to be Constitutional. They must pass the Senate. At that point, it's like "shutting down the government", only worse if the POTUS fails to approve the measure, especially in a time when the media have the people in a panic.

Bully pulpit or no, all the president can do is sign or veto what is brought to him. He can berate the Congress until the sky falls, but that won't put a decent measure on his desk--especially without media support.

The DNC is already getting kickbacks from the pork.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #754 on: March 31, 2020, 03:02:43 pm »
    Because "they" aren't the president. He has the bully pulpit. He should be doing it. Did Obama or Bush hop on twitter every time they were pilloried with responses reminiscent of tween girl venom? They were both re-elected; let's see in November if Trump can say the same thing.

I am certain that swing voters can't wait to sign up for 4 more years of this daily belching of immaturity and diminishment from the office of the presidency.

@FeelNoPain

What if I say "Pretty Please"?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:43:34 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #755 on: March 31, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »
'KILLED ON DEMAND' Fears China is ‘executing muslim prisoners and harvesting their organs to treat coronavirus patients’
    Jon Lockett
    11 Mar 2020, 12:22Updated: 11 Mar 2020, 12:23

THERE are growing fears China is executing muslim prisoners so they can harvest their organs to treat dying coronavirus patients.

The concerns come after Beijing boasted it had performed a successful double transplant op on a patient given just days to live.

Now human right monitors are asking how the two matching lungs needed for the 59-year-old's life-saving surgery were found so quickly.

Read more at:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11147059/fears-china-executing-muslim-prisoners-organs-coronavirus/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #756 on: March 31, 2020, 03:05:49 pm »

Amen!  Well said.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #757 on: March 31, 2020, 03:05:50 pm »
Revenue measures originate in the House, in order to be Constitutional. They must pass the Senate. At that point, it's like "shutting down the government", only worse if the POTUS fails to approve the measure, especially in a time when the media have the people in a panic.

Bully pulpit or no, all the president can do is sign or veto what is brought to him. He can berate the Congress until the sky falls, but that won't put a decent measure on his desk--especially without media support.

The DNC is already getting kickbacks from the pork.

@Smokin Joe @FeelNoPain

He knows that. He is a college-educated government bureaucrat. He is here to add strength to the Never Trump Brigade. Most likely because his government job is at risk if Trump is re-elected.

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #758 on: March 31, 2020, 03:07:00 pm »

LOVE sneakypete!!!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:44:04 pm by mystery-ak »
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #759 on: March 31, 2020, 03:08:46 pm »
@Smokin Joe @FeelNoPain

He knows that. He is a college-educated government bureaucrat. He is here to add strength to the Never Trump Brigade. Most likely because his government job is at risk if Trump is re-elected.

You better stop sneakster. My wife is getting jealous.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #760 on: March 31, 2020, 03:17:25 pm »
You better stop sneakster. My wife is getting jealous.

@FeelNoPain

She has contempt for you,too?

Offline FeelNoPain

« Reply #761 on: March 31, 2020, 03:24:44 pm »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #762 on: March 31, 2020, 03:39:34 pm »
OK,  CIVILITY EVERYONE, any 'offensive" language will be deleted without warning, we can't have this and we have a crisis facing the nation and the world.  Take it to personal messages.  Talk about the topic, not each other. Talk of former presidents if one must but do it in a respectful way, so loosely speaking, stay on topic. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:45:25 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #763 on: March 31, 2020, 03:42:30 pm »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #764 on: March 31, 2020, 03:48:44 pm »
Russian Hospital Chief Who Met Putin Last Week Has Coronavirus
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-31/russian-hospital-chief-who-met-putin-last-week-has-coronavirus

Now, what is this second article about? It seems like it could pertain to the way we are approaching this as well.

Italy Home Quarantine Repeats China’s Mistake, Doctors Say

Italy needs to shift to mass quarantining of coronavirus patients with mild symptoms instead of letting them isolate at home, according to a group of Chinese experts who traveled to the European nation to advise officials there.

Doctors in Wuhan made the same error early on in the outbreak, said Liang Zong’An, head of the respiratory department at the West China Hospital at Sichuan University. While seriously ill patients were admitted to hospitals, doctors at the time recommended that those with mild symptoms isolate themselves at home, in part to reduce the strain on Wuhan’s overburdened health care system.

Back then, it was not well understood how infectious the virus can be even in those who don’t seem very sick. But researchers now know that those with mild symptoms who are told to stay at home usually risked passing the virus to family members, as well as to others outside their homes as some still moved around freely.

Read more at:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-30/italy-home-quarantine-repeats-mistake-made-in-china-doctors-say

Offline musiclady

« Reply #765 on: March 31, 2020, 04:26:12 pm »
Now, what is this second article about? It seems like it could pertain to the way we are approaching this as well.

The second article is of great interest because this is exactly what we are being told to do here.  Mild symptoms - stay home.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

« Reply #766 on: March 31, 2020, 04:36:53 pm »
Oh, really? Pelosi would keep money from families that need it to fund abortion? And we are criticizing the president?

@Once-Ler

Pelosi's behavior, the impeachment charade, all of this is beyond the pale.

If I concede Pelosi should be trying to work with the President, and I do, it does not excuse the President's counterproductive tweets.  They do not calm the markets, because they do not calm the people that We Are All In This Together.  Until the people are calm there will be no return to the stores.  Thanks for your reply @TomSea 

Offline kevindavis007

Time to decouple from China stat..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #768 on: March 31, 2020, 05:40:18 pm »
If I concede Pelosi should be trying to work with the President, and I do, it does not excuse the President's counterproductive tweets.  They do not calm the markets, because they do not calm the people that We Are All In This Together.  Until the people are calm there will be no return to the stores.  Thanks for your reply @TomSea

Scott Walker
@ScottWalker
Thanks for standing up for common sense @BryanSteil
!!!!

It is outrageous that @SpeakerPelosi
 forced that in for the Kennedy Center. It has nothing to do with fighting the coronavirus and she knows it.

The $25 million should go away. And Pelosi should too!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/1245031437830696961

See, that would be one thing, if Pelosi were coopartive to begin with but I think she has been far from that.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #769 on: March 31, 2020, 05:47:09 pm »
See, that would be one thing, if Pelosi were coopartive to begin with but I think she has been far from that.

Pelosi is being extremely cooperative!  With the CHICOMS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #770 on: March 31, 2020, 06:18:30 pm »

https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/status/1242941474918064129
James Hohmann @jameshohmann
·
Mar 25
Trump says he personally signed off on the money for the Kennedy Center as a compromise. He says Democrats asked for the money, and "I didn't have a big problem with it."

It was in the Republican draft bill too.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/trump-25m-kennedy-center-stimulus-i-didnt-have-big-problem-it

video at https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/viral/trump-says-hes-a-fan-of-the-kennedy-center/vp-BB11Iesz

Thanks for your reply @TomSea
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:21:31 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #771 on: March 31, 2020, 07:01:37 pm »
British Government FURIOUS With China, Believe They Could Have 40 TIMES As Many Coronavirus Cases As Reported
The UK believes China could be lying big.
on Mar 31, 2020    By Richard Moorhead

High-ranking British governmental officials are reportedly furious with China’s handling of the coronavirus, believing that the nation’s communist government severely understated the severity of the viral epidemic and may be lying about its official count of diagnoses by an order of 40.

Reporting from the Daily Mail indicates that British officials believe China is set to face a “reckoning” over their handling of the virus, and faces the prospect of becoming a “pariah state” for its role in allowing coronavirus to spread.

British government figures are far from the only disease spectators who are extremely suspicious of China’s official disease diagnosis count and fatality rate. Italy surpassed China’s admitted death count last week, suggesting that China managed to contain the entirely novel disease to a greater extent, despite the virus being entirely in nature when first surfacing in the nation’s Hubei province. That is, if China’s claim of incurring 3,300 deaths can be trusted.

Read more at:  https://bigleaguepolitics.com/british-government-furious-with-china-believe-they-could-have-40-times-as-many-coronavirus-cases-as-reported/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chinese Government Finally Acknowledges Underreporting Coronavirus Cases
« Reply #772 on: March 31, 2020, 07:06:16 pm »

Chuck Ross
Investigative Reporter
March 31, 2020 2:04 PM ET

A top Chinese health official said Wednesday that the government will begin counting coronavirus patients without symptoms in its official tally of cases of the virus, in what is a tacit acknowledgement that Beijing has underreported data on the pandemic.

China’s National Health Commission disclosed that the government is monitoring 1,541 people who have tested positive for coronavirus but have no symptoms.

Chang Jile, the head of the health agency, said at a press conference in Wuhan that the government will start reporting asymptomatic patient numbers Wednesday.

“From April 1, we will publish reports, outcomes and management of asymptomatic people in daily epidemic notifications, and respond to social concerns in a timely manner,” Jile said, according to CCTV.

Jile’s statement is the first time that the government has officially acknowledged that it has undercounted patients.

China’s official tally has hovered just above 80,000 cases for several weeks, while countries around the globe have seen their case numbers explode. The United States had reported more than 160,000 positive cases as of Tuesday.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/31/chinese-government-underreporting-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #773 on: March 31, 2020, 08:27:46 pm »
China has to be lying big time. Will the dead there ever be counted?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #774 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:51 pm »
China has to be lying big time. Will the dead there ever be counted?

Their bodies are gone.

So, no.