Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 66455 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2020, 06:01:32 pm »

"Please Brer Fox!  Don't throw me in that briar patch!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #351 on: March 17, 2020, 06:03:24 pm »
It is also interesting that two densely populated cities - Hong Kong and Singapore - reported low infection percentages.  One thing to take into consideration is the climate, especially the humidity.  Influenza viruses do not propagate well in wet conditions.  One could expect a relative humidity approaching 100% all the time in both cities and a cruise ship out to sea.  Higher temperatures push even more water vapor into the air.

They also have very tightly controlled borders and began their border controls very quickly. They also have insight into their neighbor's behavior and to not trust what their neighbor claims. In other words they saw the signs that something was up in China quickly and responded to it immediately ignoring what China was saying - like there was no evidence of it passed from person to person, etc...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Iranian Commander Suggests Virus Might Be US Biological Weapon
« Reply #352 on: March 17, 2020, 06:08:02 pm »
I understand. And maybe they offer significant benefit unmodified. Just curious if any data supports that or not. I have no idea...

Me neither.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #353 on: March 17, 2020, 06:09:03 pm »
Correct.  I'd accept half-assed measures if they'll do OK for me, with the added benefit of ensuring real ventilators can go to people worse off than me.

That's it. If the house is burning down, you don't necessarily wait for the firemen... Garden hoses, bucket brigades... distributed solutions before the real solution could ever be found...

I admire the guy that thought of it... He's thinking out of the box, and that's where solutions arrive - Seat-of-the-pants moves way faster than engineers and boardrooms, and often suffices, right out of left field.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #354 on: March 17, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »
No English yet....excerpted:

Jennifer Zeng 曾錚
@jenniferatntd
First case of dog dying of #Coronavirus #COVID19
首宗狗只感染 香港富豪周巧兒愛犬死亡 https://epochtimes.com/gb/20/3/17/n11947762.htm
 via @dajiyuan

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1239974511761436675

Janie Hsieh, PhD
@JanieHsieh
·
1h
The world is not yet there of course. Anything but give natural alternative medicine a chance at being mainstream. If this keeps going we will get there and it's time for allopathic medicine to make some room.
Quote Tweet
Janie Hsieh, PhD
@JanieHsieh
 Â· 1h
And if not time to focus on identifying Natural remedies that can eliminate this virus. We have given allopathic medicine decades and we don't have effective antiviral cures on the market. Time to give other types of treatments a chance. https://twitter.com/JanieHsieh/sta...

https://twitter.com/JanieHsieh/status/1239961564507246594

Of course, we will need much more on this....
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:15:37 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #355 on: March 17, 2020, 06:15:34 pm »
That's it. If the house is burning down, you don't necessarily wait for the firemen... Garden hoses, bucket brigades... distributed solutions before the real solution could ever be found...

I admire the guy that thought of it... He's thinking out of the box, and that's where solutions arrive - Seat-of-the-pants moves way faster than engineers and boardrooms, and often suffices, right out of left field.

The Technicians are usually overlooked in the chain of technological advances.  You can bet it was a Tech who thought that up, maybe an Engineer but certainly not a bean-counter.  Those guys are practically worthless outside the boardroom.  Put them in charge of a company and it will fail spectacularly.  I always use the example of my former Employer, Motorola to illustrate what happens when you put non-engineers in charge of a Big Tech company.  We were doing fine until a Business Administration grad inherited the company from his Daddy.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #356 on: March 17, 2020, 06:15:44 pm »
I'm not suggesting CPAPs can replace the ventilator, but they can help for less-severe cases.  And I think there's retro-fitting involved as well.  They don't just stick a CPAP on somebody in respiratory distress.

CPAPs are a replacement for respirators, not ventilators.  As for a respirator shortage, if your choice is between a CPAP and nothing at all, a CPAP is the preferred option.  Just crank up the pressure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2020, 06:18:21 pm »
@TomSea

...working as journalists?
Whatsa journalist?  Do we have any of those?

Offline DB

« Reply #358 on: March 17, 2020, 06:18:31 pm »
CPAPs are a replacement for respirators, not ventilators.  As for a respirator shortage, if your choice is between a CPAP and nothing at all, a CPAP is the preferred option.  Just crank up the pressure.

I have a CPAP machine so that's what gives it more personal interest to me. I'll have to look up the difference between respirators and ventilators.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #359 on: March 17, 2020, 06:19:11 pm »

And add an Oxygen generator upstream of the mask.  And yes, I misspoke, mixing "respirators" with "ventilators," much different animals.  Sorry....
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #360 on: March 17, 2020, 06:20:20 pm »
I have a CPAP machine so that's what gives it more personal interest to me. I'll have to look up the difference between respirators and ventilators.

I believe a ventilator involves intubation.  Much more invasive.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #361 on: March 17, 2020, 06:23:26 pm »
The Technicians are usually overlooked in the chain of technological advances.  You can bet it was a Tech who thought that up, maybe an Engineer but certainly not a bean-counter.  Those guys are practically worthless outside the boardroom.  Put them in charge of a company and it will fail spectacularly.  I always use the example of my former Employer, Motorola to illustrate what happens when you put non-engineers in charge of a Big Tech company.  We were doing fine until a Business Administration grad inherited the company from his Daddy.

I'm a basement geek - The guys who ain't pretty enough for upstairs... living on Mountain Dew and Cheetos (puffy, slightly stale) from vending machines and bathed in nothing but artificial light.. Where obsessions negate schedules.

So it is little wonder i agree with you.   happy77

Offline DB

« Reply #362 on: March 17, 2020, 06:26:10 pm »
I'm a basement geek - The guys who ain't pretty enough for upstairs... living on Mountain Dew and Cheetos (puffy, slightly stale) from vending machines and bathed in nothing but artificial light.. Where obsessions negate schedules.

LOL! Is that what happened to me...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #363 on: March 17, 2020, 06:27:14 pm »

Remember the old rhyme, "Gene, Gene made the machine..."?  You and I are "Joe."  We make it go.  Unfortunately companies often get put in the hands of "Art."  We all know what he did. :cool:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 06:28:13 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #364 on: March 17, 2020, 06:27:44 pm »

Hello, "Joe!"   :rolling:
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2020, 07:05:15 pm »
?? I swear some things people say does fit in with what the CCP would like. I certainly would not say someone does that intentionally but nonetheless,  it may well be true. 

Has to be said and not to be offensive, what others say could be seen as offensive too.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:07:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #366 on: March 17, 2020, 07:11:04 pm »
I Will Survive

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #367 on: March 17, 2020, 07:20:40 pm »
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
The Chinese Communist Party stays in power by restricting access to information. It’s no surprise that a free press—particularly one reporting on China’s terrible response to the Wuhan coronavirus—has threatened CCP enough to be expelled from their shores.
China Bans All U.S. Nationals Working for The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post...
China Bans U.S. Nationals at Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post Whose Press Credentials Expire In 2020 From Working in China, Hong Kong, Macau - Foreign Ministry
wsj.com

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1239970870530953217

Darn tootin'.

Chairman Mao caps, what are chairman Mao caps? Anyone wearing them?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:21:50 pm by TomSea »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2020, 07:39:44 pm »
Speaking of Chairman Mao:

Little Feat  -  Apolitical Blues

Offline TomSea

« Reply #369 on: March 17, 2020, 07:50:14 pm »
World Health Organization Boot-Licks China, With Deadly Results
thefederalist.com

The coronavirus (COVID-19) has spread throughout the world, having infected more than 100,000 people and causing the deaths of more than 4,000. Officials in charge of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the World Health Organization (WHO) have rightly received plenty of criticism about how they’ve managed the outbreak, with nearly half a million people calling on WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus to resign.

The reason for the WHO’s failure to properly act to contain the outbreak, and its repeated issuing of inaccurate and bad advice, is not merely the result of incompetence. Rather, the malfeasance is the direct result of the CCP deliberately buying out WHO’s leadership, with tragic consequences.

Experts have pinned the virus as starting possibly as early as October, months before the CCP alerted the world about the risks posed by the deadly disease. Rather than addressing the issue, China arrested journalists and doctors who tried to sound the alarm. In addition, the “People’s Republic” blocked information on social media and removed all news stories that attempted to report accurate infection numbers. The end result of this was preventable suffering, as countries were unable to take the urgent action needed to respond.

Read more at:  https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/17/u-s-funds-world-health-organization-that-boot-licks-china-with-deadly-results/

Clear as a bell.

Online libertybele

« Reply #370 on: March 17, 2020, 08:00:48 pm »
So, Border Patrol would have to worry about the virus there in these arrests, IOW, time bombs for the USA.

CLOSE DOWN THE BORDER COMPLETELY!  FIRE AT WILL FOR THOSE WHO REFUSE TO STOP AND TURN AROUND!!  ANYONE ILLEGALLY STEPPING FOOT ON US SOIL WILL BE CONSIDERED AN ENEMY OF THE U.S.

ANNOUNCE THIS LOUD AND CLEAR MR. PRESIDENT.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #371 on: March 17, 2020, 08:03:18 pm »
Clear as a bell.

What's not clear to the Lefties is such is inherent in a totalitarian model of government.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #372 on: March 17, 2020, 08:11:44 pm »

:laugh::beer:

Remember the old rhyme, "Gene, Gene made the machine..."?  You and I are "Joe."  We make it go.  Unfortunately companies often get put in the hands of "Art."  We all know what he did. :cool:

:silly:  :beer:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
German CDU leadership contender Merz has coronavirus
« Reply #373 on: March 17, 2020, 10:05:56 pm »
BERLIN (Reuters) - Friedrich Merz, one of the most likely candidates to take over the leadership of German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s conservative Christian Democrats (CDU), said on Tuesday in a tweet that he had tested positive for coronavirus.

Merz, who wants to shift the CDU to the right in a clear break from Merkel’s more liberal brand of conservatism, was confirming a report first published by the dpa news agency.

“A #Corona-test carried out on Sunday is positive,” Merz tweeted. “I will stay home in quarantine until the end of next week. Luckily I have only light to mild symptoms, all appointments have been canceled.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany-merz-idUSKBN2142B3
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN guest says ’significant number of young adults’ are 'seriously ill' in Italy

A professor of tropical medicine at one of America's top universities is pushing back against claims that young people should not be overly concerned about the coronavirus outbreak because of its low fatality rate in people under the age of 40.

Speaking with CNN's Brooke Baldwin, Baylor dean and professor of tropical medicine Peter Hotez said unpublished reports out of Italy showed a "significant" amount of young people in intensive care units.

"What we're seeing in Italy, and again, this is not published, not published in the scientific literature, so it's still kind of the anecdotal state, where we're hearing about it, that there's an unexpected, unexpectedly significant number of young adults that are getting seriously ill and in the ICU," Hotez said. "We're seeing 25-, 30-year-old adults in the ICU."

Hotez agreed with suggestions from Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx, two leading health officials on the White House coronavirus task force, that young people can be asymptomatic carriers of the disease but stressed they could also suffer serious health issues if they become infected.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnn-guest-says-significant-number-of-young-adults-are-seriously-ill-in-italy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34