Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 68264 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2020, 02:34:03 pm »
Netflix and chill. Easier on your mental health imho.

Good advise, 'cept I'll chill w/Amazon. Ever since Netflix started partnering with The One they've gotten real preachy.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2020, 02:34:19 pm »
Really? Reporting on new cases is useless? If one county goes from 5 to 10 the next day it's useless??? And one wants to stay out of the way?

You really can't make some of this up.
Where did I say that???
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2020, 02:36:15 pm »
WORLD / COUNTRIES / UNITED STATES
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Last updated: March 16, 2020, 14:25 GMT
 United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

- - - - - -

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Clarification: I'm mainly following here in the northeast, especially New York, which has a few outbreaks, mainly downstate. Given the number of infections I'm surprised New York hasn't reported any official recoveries yet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2020, 02:37:38 pm »
Here in Washington State we have new rules.  Restaurants, bars, gym, theatre. Restaurants can still provide take out.  All gatherings not allowed over 50.  Under 50 only if they can prove they are providing appropriate hygiene and social distancing.

I won't doubt if we are all going to be shut out of work soon.  People still going to the store and hoarding though.  No church yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:38:34 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2020, 02:37:59 pm »
Netflix and chill. Easier on your mental health imho.

We've been watching Stargate SG1 on Amazon Prime.  We watched all of Farscape, and Babylon 5 up to the paywall so we switched to the Stargate. 

At the moment I'm watching Fox Business, out normal morning routine.  The Market hit the first circuit breaker about 10 seconds after the open so it promptly closed for 15 minutes. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2020, 02:40:58 pm »
There is a direct correlation between the public reaction and the number of minutes spent watching CNN.

Yeah, you got any proof of this or other remarks? Are you can expert on this? Posting the video of some doctor who has used cocaine?

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/not-perfect-dr-drew-opens-cocaine-alcohol-article-1.2248472

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2020, 02:42:28 pm »
Here in Washington State we have new rules.  Restaurants, bars, gym, theatre. Restaurants can still provide take out.  All gatherings not allowed over 50.  Under 50 only if they can prove they are providing appropriate hygiene.

I won't doubt if we are all going to be shut out of work soon.  People still going to the store and hoarding though.  No church yesterday.

Arizona closed gatherings of 50 people or greater.  We had our Republican District fundraiser Saturday night, but it would not have been affected because we held in in Nevada.  Laughlin is where the good ballrooms are, across the River from where I live in AZ.

(The fundraiser went well.  Good turnout, brought in $10K.  The Trump Campaign is kicking in some money to help us keep our Headquarters open by holding volunteer training there.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2020, 02:42:33 pm »
Clarification: I'm mainly following here in the northeast, especially New York, which has a few outbreaks, mainly downstate. Given the number of infections I'm surprised New York hasn't reported any official recoveries yet.

That is what I was looking at the other day from a CDC source.  1 recovery?  Is that accurate?  People could get a bit worried.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2020, 02:43:57 pm »
Yeah, you got any proof of this or other remarks? Are you can expert on this? Posting the video of some doctor who has used cocaine?

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/not-perfect-dr-drew-opens-cocaine-alcohol-article-1.2248472

So the press is running stories to shut down Doctors that don't toe the panic line?  Nice. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2020, 02:45:12 pm »

The John Hopkins map link provides updates per state.  Click on the US from the list of the left.  Only deaths, no recovery reported for NY as of now.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2020, 02:45:44 pm »
US stats are worthless until they begin reporting recoveries.

Again, if cases go from 2 to 4 in one day and to 8 the next day in my county, darn sure I want to know and it's hardly some abstract where we need to see recoveries  first.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline skeeter

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2020, 02:45:50 pm »
That is what I was looking at the other day from a CDC source.  1 recovery?  Is that accurate?  People could get a bit worried.

The half dozen times in my life I've had the flu badly it has taken 3 or 4 weeks to recover. This seems to be a bad flu.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2020, 02:45:50 pm »
Really? Reporting on new cases is useless? If one county goes from 5 to 10 the next day it's useless??? And one wants to stay out of the way?  *****rollingeyes*****

So what are you going to do differently?  How is your behavior going to change if you read a report that a neighboring county has five new cases?  Seriously.  Will it cause you to double your output of fear-mongering on this forum?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2020, 02:49:00 pm »
So the press is running stories to shut down Doctors that don't toe the panic line?  Nice.

I'm listening to some expert on the radio right now saying totally recovery could take 6 to 8 months. Convenient.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2020, 02:49:01 pm »
DR JOHN CAMPBELL (suggested)

Fox news today, short and sweet

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

100 million locked down in Europe, 16 March

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

-------

In other news, Washington Times, Pentagon scales back Joint exercises in Europe.

I've had a slow stream some this morning.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »
The half dozen times in my life I've had the flu badly it has taken 3 or 4 weeks to recover. This seems to be a bad flu.

The sickest I ever got was back in 2000 when that Spanish flu variant was making the rounds.  It took me about 6 days to recover - just enough time to get past cigarette withdrawal.  Haven't smoked a cigarette since.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2020, 02:54:42 pm »
I'm listening to some expert on the radio right now saying totally recovery could take 6 to 8 months. Convenient.

I had not heard this but I don't doubt this at all.

Someone in fact here, in Washington State in fact, was saying something about people not recovering there.

An article was posted that the Avian flu had a much higher mortality rate in 1997, apparently so. I don't remember the big hubbub with that, maybe I wasn't keeping up.

It does look like the Avian flu did have a high mortality rate vs. this flu but maybe not the same contagious rate.
https://www.medscape.com/answers/2500029-166798/what-are-the-mortality-rates-of-avian-influenza

But the bird flu saw people directly infected by the birds apparently, so that's way different.

This virus appears to be very contagious.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:56:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:08 pm »
I had not heard this but I don't doubt this at all.

Someone in fact here, in Washington State in fact, was saying something about people not recovering there.

An article was posted that the Avian flu had a much higher mortality rate in 1997, apparently so. I don't remember the big hubbub with that, maybe I wasn't keeping up.

It does look like the Avian flu did have a high mortality rate vs. this flu but maybe not the same contagious rate.
https://www.medscape.com/answers/2500029-166798/what-are-the-mortality-rates-of-avian-influenza

But the bird flu saw people directly infected by the birds apparently, so that's way different.

This virus appears to be very contagious.

I am wondering what will be considered 'complete recovery'. We never really get rid of any virus we contract.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2020, 03:22:38 pm »
Jennifer Zeng again and this video is a Taiwanese TV show. Zeng said on her channel that back in 2013,  Taiwan was warning about this. The facts show China's probably at big fault here, so this is why China is probably trying to turn all of this around and blame the US. A thorough investigation is needed. China needs to be totally boycotted, they got away with this too long. The problem is now, the world economy is so integrated with them. It's a captioned video from the Chinese they are speaking.

Zeng:

Ever wondering why #Taiwan is doing so well in combatting #COVID2019? Watch this show in 2013, in which they discussed how evil #CCP's scientists are for creating #superviruses that could kill a hundred million, and questioned the possibilities of such viruses escaping labs.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline TomSea

« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2020, 03:36:15 pm »
Jenan Moussa
@jenanmoussa
·
8m
Queues to buy guns in LA

Buyers are scared of what will happen if people run out of food and supplies because of #CoronaVirus.

Via @AmeliaAdams9

See video:  https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa

Yes, we've got some situation on our hands, pretty radical to see this.
Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
·
2m
The House bill sets up a complicated relief system that relies on paid sick leave & refundable tax credits.

That won’t move quickly enough & puts undue pressure on businesses to lay off workers.

We don’t want to see layoffs—we need cash in the hands of affected families.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1239575319989882880

Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
It won’t change anything but wanted to leave it for the record

Given what #COVID19 did to #China & now #Italy political potshots from all sides are really trivial

If we don’t change the trajectory of our current infection rate, in a few days no one will care about politics
10:34 AM · Mar 16, 2020·Twitter for iPad

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1239575726095044610

Offline DB

« Reply #220 on: March 16, 2020, 03:55:42 pm »
The sickest I ever got was back in 2000 when that Spanish flu variant was making the rounds.  It took me about 6 days to recover - just enough time to get past cigarette withdrawal.  Haven't smoked a cigarette since.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28

In the late 1990's, 1997?, I got the flu and was throwing up blood... Had to go to the hospital for that and being severely dehydrated... The funny thing was I had borderline high blood pressure prior to that. I was told I needed to start taking high blood pressure medication. My blood pressure has been normal to low normal ever since then... Something about that adventure reset my blood pressure to a significantly lower level.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:57:34 pm by DB »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2020, 04:10:00 pm »
A lot of the news is not good at all and suggests somewhat of a long haul. I might even forget that this will be resolved any time soon:

UK coronavirus crisis 'to last until spring 2021 and could see 7.9m hospitalised'

Exclusive: Public Health England document seen by Guardian says four in five ‘expected’ to contract virus

Coronavirus – latest updates

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9 million people being hospitalised, a secret Public Health England (PHE) briefing for senior NHS officials reveals.

The document, seen by the Guardian, is the first time health chiefs tackling the virus have admitted that they expect it to circulate for 12 more months and lead to huge extra strain on an already overstretched NHS.

It also suggests that health chiefs are braced for as many as 80% of Britons becoming infected with the coronavirus over that time.

More at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/uk-coronavirus-crisis-to-last-until-spring-2021-and-could-see-79m-hospitalised

Offline TomSea

« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2020, 04:35:40 pm »
Washington Times:

EXCLUSIVE: Russia and China flood web with coronavirus lies blaming U.S.; State Dept. fights back
State Department combats China's attempt to reshape narrative, blame Washington

By Guy Taylor - The Washington Times - Sunday, March 15, 2020

China, Russia and Iran are flooding the global information space with false claims about the new coronavirus, according to U.S. officials, who say one of the biggest lies — that the virus that causes COVID-19 is a U.S. bioweapon and was brought to China by U.S. Army personnel — is just the latest in a “surge of propaganda” aimed at undermining America’s image on the world stage.

Beijing, Moscow and Tehran are using a vast web of social media accounts, fake news outlets and state-controlled global satellite media to promote false claims by academics and, at times, government officials to blame Washington for the crisis now gripping most of humanity.

The head of a key State Department counterdisinformation office said U.S. officials are ramping up their own efforts to counter lies about the new coronavirus that were first seeded by Russia in January and that China is now pushing in a bid to make Beijing appear as a superior global power to the United States.

Read more at:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-lies-pushed-china-blame-virus-us-biowe/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ISIS advises terrorists on coronavirus to avoid Europe for jihad
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2020, 04:47:27 pm »
ISIS advises terrorists on coronavirus to avoid Europe for jihad
By Robert Gearty | Fox News

After years of urging its terrorists to attack major European cities, ISIS is now advising them to steer clear due to the coronavirus, according to reports.

ISIS’ al-Naba newsletter contains “sharia directives” urging its healthy members not to enter “the land of the epidemic” to avoid becoming infected, the New York Post reported Sunday.

But any sick jihadists already in Europe should stay there — presumably, to sicken infidels, the paper reported. The Sunday Times of London first reported on the newsletter, according to the paper.

The “healthy should not enter the land of the epidemic and the afflicted should not exit from it,” the ISIS newsletter advises, according to the Post.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/isis-tells-its-terrorists-not-to-travel-to-europe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: ISIS advises terrorists on coronavirus to avoid Europe for jihad
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2020, 04:50:30 pm »
Um, wut?  No virgins if you succumb to virus us in the midst of a suicide attack?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org