Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 68163 times)

Offline DB

Re: Iranian Commander Suggests Virus Might Be US Biological Weapon
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2020, 07:11:44 pm »
OK, @Hoodat , but we have never seen anything like this.  In Italy they are letting the elderly die.  This is a worldwide epidemic.  Eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if people turn to revenge.  Just saying.  And that is why it is so critical that this be a global effort to determine what is true or false.  To work together to get the vaccine.  And to crush all false narratives.

"letting" implies a choice. When there is more demand than resources available some people go without. That is a simple fact of life. Thank your lucky stars it isn't you faced with that dilemma.

As far as rage goes, that should be directed at China - later, the source of all this. Even if it didn't come out of a Chinese lab (I think it likely did) their lies and inaction following the beginning of outbreak greatly increased the damage to the rest of the world.

Offline skeeter

Re: Iranian Commander Suggests Virus Might Be US Biological Weapon
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2020, 07:15:24 pm »
But it's also a paradigm-breaker. :shrug:

It has turned out that way, happily.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2020, 07:19:55 pm »
Awhile back you called me racist. That didn't help the conversation...

I can understand that @DB.  I'm sorry I only vaguely recall the conversation and I don't think I called you racist but probably implied it.  I don't remember why I wanted to make you feel bad, perhaps I was frustrated that you made a better point than I did and I felt petty.  The fact that it made an impression on you indicates you're not a racist, and it hurts to have me call you that, I apologize.

My impression of you is we agree more often than not on issues.

I've kept my distance with you ever since. I actually like you. We could probably be friends in real life. But I also think you've gone off the rails about being objective. You don't care anymore is my best guess. Hopefully with time that will change.

Just my 2 cents...

I know I'm not objective.  Peace.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2020, 07:24:27 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2020, 07:25:14 pm »
I can understand that @DB.  I'm sorry I only vaguely recall the conversation and I don't think I called you racist but probably implied it.  I don't remember why I wanted to make you feel bad, perhaps I was frustrated that you made a better point than I did and I felt petty.  The fact that it made an impression on you indicates you're not a racist, and it hurts to have me call you that, I apologize.

My impression of you is we agree more often than not on issues.

I know I'm not objective.  Peace.

Accepted and thank you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2020, 07:34:57 pm »
Italy recorded 3,590 cases and 398 deaths in a 24 hour period, Italy’s Civil Protection chief Angelo Borelli announced Sunday
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/487667-italy-reports-3590-more-coronavirus-cases-its-biggest
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2020, 07:41:13 pm »
Italy recorded 3,590 cases and 398 deaths in a 24 hour period, Italy’s Civil Protection chief Angelo Borelli announced Sunday
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/487667-italy-reports-3590-more-coronavirus-cases-its-biggest

Key word, 3,590 more cases.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2020, 07:45:36 pm »
Just curious, how many ventilators has Italy's state-run national healthcare system determined was adequate for a population of 60 million?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2020, 07:56:12 pm »
I greatly appreciate your posts on this subject.  It's in your wheelhouse.  Kudos, @Victoria33!

@Victoria33 @Cyber Liberty

Likewise I do value Anecdotal info. Thanks
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2020, 08:09:25 pm »
@Once-Ler

The person who questioned my post about the airlines, posted a link about United Airlines.  That is about United and flights to ASIA.

Here's what the person posted @Victoria33  .... and the reason for posting it was to bring a ray of hope into your dark and cold prognostications --- to present an example that the airline industry is well aware of the situation, as are the unions, and other agreements for at least partial pay through this workforce furlough will be reached.

Here's what I posted ... sorry for rocking your world.

United is offering pilots a month off at reduced pay after coronavirus spurred flight cuts, the union said
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/29/coronavirus-prompts-united-airlines-to-offer-pilots-a-month-for-flight-cuts.html

I'm sure other airlines are working out similar deals with the unions for the temporary cutbacks caused by the need  to contain the coronavirus.

@Cyber Liberty

« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:21:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2020, 08:10:53 pm »
Now, are we seeing a bit of a domino affect? I saw the latest fatalities out of France but I want to find an official source before posting. Spain too, suffering through this.

More than 50% cases, deaths of coronavirus outside mainland China

March 15 (UPI) -- The number of worldwide coronavirus deaths passed 6,000 Sunday as virtually all new cases and fatalities have moved from the epicenter mainland China to other nations, including Italy and Iran.

More than half of the 162,433 confirmed covid-19 cases and 6,417 deaths are now outside mainland China, according a running total by the South China Morning Post.

Since originally concentrating in China, the outbreak has grown into a pandemic as declared by the World Health Organization on Wednesday.

Read more at: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2020/03/15/More-than-50-cases-deaths-of-coronavirus-outside-mainland-China/7441584276674/
Spain coronavirus deaths double overnight as daily life in Europe grinds to halt
By Robert Gearty | Fox News

Spain’s health officials reported Sunday the country’s death toll from the coronavirus took a dramatic jump in just one day--more than doubling from 136 a day before to 288.

The alarming news came as daily life increasingly grounds to a halt across Europe and beyond, amid efforts to combat the spread of the fast-moving virus.

Spain’s Health Ministry said there have been 7,753 infections, up from 5,700 on Saturday, with around half of them concentrated in the capital of Madrid.

Read more at:  https://www.foxnews.com/world/spain-coronavirus-deaths-double-overnight-to-288-as-daily-life-in-europe-grinds-to-halt

Dominoes but with some prudent action, hopefully, they won't get socked too bad.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:13:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2020, 08:23:14 pm »
Germany closing some borders due to coronavirus so foreigners don’t wipe out supermarkets say reports

American Military News by Ryan Morgan March 15, 2020

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/03/germany-closing-some-borders-due-to-coronavirus-so-foreigners-dont-wipe-out-supermarkets-say-reports/

Germany is closing most of its border crossings with Austria, France and Switzerland on Monday as a measure to stop the spread of coronavirus as well as to prevent foreign visitors from mass purchasing crucial supplies.

The decision to close borders was first circulated through German tabloid media and later reported by the Austrian outlet, The Local AT. The border closure will reportedly take affect on Monday morning at 8 a.m.

The closure is meant to both prevent the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19, as well as to prevent foreign travellers from making bulk purchases that have reportedly left some German border areas with supply shortages. Cargo shipments and cross-border commuters are reportedly exempted from the travel restriction.

More at link.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2020, 08:26:59 pm »
Tom Hanks survived 4 years on an island as a castaway A year in an airport without being able to leave
He had AIDS in Philly
He was in World War II and rescued Private Ryan;  and in Vietnam and rescued Lt. Dan
He was on a boat hijacked by Somali pirates and he survived on Apollo 13 trying to get to the Moon
He landed a plane on the Hudson River in NY
If he can’t survive the coronavirus, we’re all screwed!

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2020, 08:29:55 pm »
Key word, 3,590 more cases.

We know, Italy's a mess.  And we know the reasons why.

How about less panic and more prayer.   happy77

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2020, 08:36:59 pm »
Svetlana
@RealSLokhova

· Mar 12

Those with elderly relatives/friends/neighbours: set them up with online supermarket deliveries. That way you can order for them remotely. Quick, easy.

Worth considering.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2020, 08:40:46 pm »
Italy has reported its biggest day-to-day jump in cases of COVID-19. National health authorities told reporters on Saturday that health officials recorded 3,497 new cases in 24 hours. That’s roughly a 20% increase in cases from the day before. A little more than half of those new cases occurred in Lombardy, the populous northern region which has been hardest hit in Europe’s worst outbreak. Italy’s total cases now tally 21,157.

The death toll rose by 175. A day earlier, the same authorities had predicted glumly that Italy would still see a jump in cases despite a national lockdown that began on March 9, barely two days after severe restrictions on personal movement in the north. They cited irresponsible behavior by many citizens, who despite the earlier warnings not to gather in large numbers, headed to beaches or ski resorts, and hung out together in town squares, especially after the closure of schools.

More at:  https://apnews.com/fd1743f8b54b17310cc6e4b3445f2914?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

So, per the authorities, "irresponsible behavior by many citizens" also seems to be contributing to the crises Italy faces.

Offline DB

« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2020, 08:41:10 pm »
We know, Italy's a mess.  And we know the reasons why.

How about less panic and more prayer.   happy77

I was actually pointing out that Myst's headline quote was in error. It was missing the word "more"...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2020, 08:42:50 pm »
Worth considering.

Been doing this with my mom for several years already.

« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2020, 08:45:46 pm »
I was actually pointing out that Myst's headline quote was in error. It was missing the word "more"...

:beer:

« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2020, 08:46:17 pm »
Been doing this with my mom for several years already.

888high58888

Offline skeeter

« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2020, 08:53:48 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2020, 08:55:16 pm »

Didn’t  Tom Hanks character die in Saving Private Ryan
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2020, 09:47:22 pm »
Playing into the enemedia propaganda that Trump is an aloof imbecile is what causes the trouble.  Steer clear of that and it's Golden.   tri22

@Cyber Liberty Thanx. It's a hard habit to break.   

Offline TomSea

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2020, 02:16:19 am »
Kurdish-led administration in northern Syria ill-prepared for coronavirus outbreak
Wladimir van Wilgenburg

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The Kurdish-led Autonomous Administration of North and East of Syria (AANES) is poorly prepared for the coronavirus crisis due to an already overtaxed and fragile health system that has no testing facilities, according to international organizations and experts.

On Saturday, local authorities announced the closure of schools and the cancellation of public events due to the threat posed by the coronavirus. Since Feb. 26, the administration had already been restricting civilians recently in Europe from entering through the Semalka border crossing.

In the cities of Tabqa and in Manbij, those coming from outside AANES-controlled areas are also being checked by medical teams for symptoms before being permitted to enter and additional mobile teams are working to spread information about the virus and make recommendations aimed at curbing contagion

Read more at: https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/c8dc5da3-a2b9-4161-a8e4-de0e67b2121b

As if these people have not gone through enough.

Written by the Dutchmen, Wladimir Wilgenburg whom we have discussed before.  Seems like a pretty fair journalist.

Must be somewhere over there:

Wladimir Retweeted
NRT English
@NRT_English
24-hour curfew in Halabja staring 12 a.m. Monday to prevent spread of coronavirus

Governor urges no gravesite visits on 32nd  anniversary of chemical attack

http://nrttv.com/EN/News.aspx?id=20143&MapID=1
 #NRTnews #Iraq #TwitterKurds #Halabja #Coronavirus

That above, chemical attack must mean when Saddam attacked, so that means around 1988.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2020, 02:23:56 am »
Israel stands with the brave people of Italy in face of the Coronavirus outbreak
by BtNews · March 15, 2020

https://btnews.online/israel-stands-with-the-brave-people-of-italy-in-face-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

Get this, they think they've found an anti-body but they need billions to get to testing. Billions probably is not that much IF they actually found one that would work, it'd probably be chump change.

Dutch researchers claim to find coronavirus antibody
Source : 112 Ukraine
The antibody still has to be tested on human beings and this will take a few months. The researches say that they do not want to raise false expectations, though it is a promising first step.
20:42, 15 March 2020

Frank Grosveld, Professor of Cell Biology
https://www.erasmusmagazine.nl/

Researchers from Utrecht University, together with fellow researchers from Erasmus MC and biotech company Harbor BioMed, have developed a human antibody that can inhibit the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) which causes the respiratory disease otherwise known as COVID-19. Netherlands' Erasmus Magazine reported. 

The researches say that they do not want to raise false expectations, though it is a promising first step.

"Research leader Berend-Jan Bosch of the Utrecht University does not want to raise false expectations. It is a promising first step in the journey towards a cure however it is far too early to speculate about the potential efficacy in humans. The research is being reviewed by a leading scientific journal. Further comments can be provided once the article has been accepted," reads the message.

Read more at:  https://112.international/ukraine-top-news/dutch-researchers-claim-to-find-coronavirus-antibody-49538.html?utm_source=Intern&utm_campaign=News&utm_medium=Channel

So, I think I'll leave that little bit of good feeling and good news of these last two stories to hope, things start going positive. Somewhere I picked up is we may have 4 weeks of this "hunkering down".