Author Topic: Schumer’s Supreme Court saga not over, as GOP presses forward on historic censure  (Read 693 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer’s Supreme Court saga not over, as GOP presses forward on historic censure
By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., may still face consequences from his colleagues after facing criticism from conservatives and liberals alike for remarks he directed towards Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh at an abortion rights rally last week that some have considered threatening.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., has continued to call for Schumer to be censured after introducing a resolution in the Senate to do just that. And dozens of well-known conservative leaders signed a letter Monday adding their voices to the calls.

"Of course Schumer’s attacks were 'inappropriate' and 'wrong'! He should be CENSURED," Hawley tweeted Friday, in response to a video of CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin, who stated that Schumer's remarks sounded "like a physical threat."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumers-supreme-court-saga-not-over-as-gop-presses-forward-on-historic-censure
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hell yeah!!!

I want 48 dimocratic senators to go on record and vote that it is alright to threaten violence on sitting SCOTUS judges
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., may still face consequences from his colleagues after facing criticism from conservatives and liberals alike for remarks he directed towards Supreme Court Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh at an abortion rights rally last week that some have considered threatening.

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., has continued to call for Schumer to be censured after introducing a resolution in the Senate to do just that. And dozens of well-known conservative leaders signed a letter Monday adding their voices to the calls.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumers-supreme-court-saga-not-over-as-gop-presses-forward-on-historic-censure

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Schumer's in Trouble!  He's gonna get a sternly-worded Censure in his Permanent Record!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Fourteen co-sponsors including one Texas Senator.

The problem is, I can think of about 5 RINO limp wick senators who will go noodle on us come crunch time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Schumer's in Trouble!  He's gonna get a sternly-worded Censure in his Permanent Record!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Fourteen co-sponsors including one Texas Senator.

One is Martha McSally (R-AZ).  Good for her!  She's in a tough reelection this year.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Just wait till he finds out he's on double secret probation!
 First the Senate should tell him

And then they should take action!

Offline bilo

I'm starting to think this Sen Hawley is going to be a conservative rock star. He's been out front on a lot of issues.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

The problem is, I can think of about 5 RINO limp wick senators who will go noodle on us come crunch time.

It's only a censure, but the beauty of this is getting the Rats to support Schumer's actions. It's not like Congress is going to get anything done till 2021.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's only a censure, but the beauty of this is getting the Rats to support Schumer's actions. It's not like Congress is going to get anything done till 2021.

That may be true of Pelosi's gang in the House, but the Senate has plenty of things to do, like confirming lotsa Judges.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Dream the dream @Cyber Liberty

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline dancer

Not good enough.  He needs to be removed from office.  He meant every word he said.
He's a pro and knew exactly what he was saying.  Prayers for the Justices.  May He protect them.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Not good enough.  He needs to be removed from office.  He meant every word he said.
He's a pro and knew exactly what he was saying.  Prayers for the Justices.  May He protect them.

Considering the implications, Schumer better hope for those two justice's health and well being.  He's an accomplice whatever happens.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

And there it is.

Chances are he will brag about it during his next re-election campaign.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@catfish1957

And there it is.

Just as President Trump is likely to get good mileage from the sham Impeachment.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@catfish1957

And there it is.

Which perfectly illustrates just how F'ed up the House of Lords is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

That may be true of Pelosi's gang in the House, but the Senate has plenty of things to do, like confirming lotsa Judges.

The only thing that will slow that down is if the Pubs panic like everyone else over the Wuhan Flu and close the Senate.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The only thing that will slow that down is if the Pubs panic like everyone else over the Wuhan Flu and close the Senate.

A very real possibility.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

A very real possibility.

And by the end of May we will see everything getting back to normal, then I wonder if any of the panic stricken will realize what fools they've been. Probably not, they will just move on to the next thing or back to climate change to panic over.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And like Nancy would say 'censure is FOREVER'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A very real possibility.

@Cyber Liberty

Well,it is a fact that the GOP isn't used to winning,and it scares them a little.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!