Author Topic: Illinois Supreme Court declines to dismiss Jussie Smollett charges  (Read 262 times)

Offline mrclose

The Illinois Supreme Court has rejected actor Jussie Smollett's request to dismiss a case in which he's accused of falsely reporting that he was a victim of a racist and homophobic attack near his Chicago home.

The court on Friday also refused to remove a special prosecutor who filed the charges.

Smollett, 37, pleaded not guilty last month to a six-count grand jury indictment in the case. After entering the not guilty pleas, Judge James Linn set bond at $20,000 and released the Empire actor on his own recognizance, ordering him to return to court March 18.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020/03/07/Illinois-Supreme-Court-declines-to-dismiss-Jussie-Smollett-charges/4321583606503/?ts_tn_us=5
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Illinois Supreme Court declines to dismiss Jussie Smollett charges
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 08:46:15 pm »
 :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mortarman

Re: Illinois Supreme Court declines to dismiss Jussie Smollett charges
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 11:19:13 pm »

8888crybaby
Dey mus' be a bunch a raysisses.  *****rollingeyes*****

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.