Author Topic: MSNBC Giddy That Coronavirus 'May Be Donald Trump's Katrina'  (Read 920 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC Giddy That Coronavirus 'May Be Donald Trump's Katrina'
« on: March 07, 2020, 05:11:42 pm »
MSNBC Giddy That Coronavirus 'May Be Donald Trump's Katrina'
Bronson Stocking
|
Posted: Mar 06, 2020 7:15 PM

MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace was beaming as she discussed the possibility of the deadly coronavirus sweeping the country and killing an untold number of Americans. The reason for her glee? MSNBC and the rest of the mainstream media see an opportunity to direct the public's ire toward the president should the virus result in a deadly pandemic, which the media assures us is already here. The coronavirus originated in China and has quickly made its way around the world.

Wallace, who worked in the Bush administration during the deadly storm, sees an opportunity for the media to blame President Trump for the virus the same way the media blamed President Bush for Hurricane Katrina.

"We gave them a proof point that we were indeed incompetent and also people died," Wallace characterized the Bush administration's response to Katrina. "I mean, this has the making structurally for the same kind of moment for President Trump." 

The panel was optimistic that enough babies, friends, loved ones and old people would perish from the virus that Trump's solid base of support would finally begin to waver.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2020/03/06/msnbc-giddy-that-coronavirus-could-be-donald-trumps-katrina-n2563657
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: MSNBC Giddy That Coronavirus 'May Be Donald Trump's Katrina'
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 05:25:09 pm »
306 reported cases and 17 deaths, so far.  Hardly a catastrophe. 

I really would like to know just what people think the White House should be doing or is not doing.  Do these media people have any better ideas for dealing with this situation?  If not, STFU. 

And by the way, the failures following Katrina were largely due to the ineptitude of state and local leaders who happened to be DEMOCRATS!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:29:07 pm by Applewood »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 06:15:43 pm »
MSNBC and Anti-Trumpers agree:  Everything in the world that's bad is Trump's Fault.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 06:23:04 pm »
The left are hoping for thousands of deaths they can blame on Trump. That we're talking about human lives is irrelevant to this bunch of sociopaths.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 06:28:03 pm »
The left are hoping for thousands of deaths they can blame on Trump. That we're talking about human lives is irrelevant to this bunch of sociopaths.

The Rats and anti-Trumps have been rooting for mass death ever since word got out people were dying from a new strain of flu coming out of China.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 06:38:49 pm »

Sociopath is right. They are plainly bark-at-the-moon nuts.

But then so is half the country, apparently. Thats whats scary.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 07:00:06 pm »
MSNBC and Anti-Trumpers agree:  Everything in the world that's bad is Trump's Fault.

Just curious as to whether you are including any Briefers in your "Anti-Trumpers" accusation.

Because if you are, that's really irresponsible.

Why not say MSNBC and the entire left.  It would be far more accurate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 07:01:04 pm »
The Rats and anti-Trumps have been rooting for mass death ever since word got out people were dying from a new strain of flu coming out of China.

And again......

Are you including Conservatives here??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 07:03:22 pm »

Not only are they hoping for deaths, but they are also hoping for an entire economic collapse.

They are sick!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 07:14:17 pm »
Just curious as to whether you are including any Briefers in your "Anti-Trumpers" accusation.

Because if you are, that's really irresponsible.

Why not say MSNBC and the entire left.  It would be far more accurate.

You are not an "anti" who blames Trump for every sparrow that falls from the sky.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 07:14:55 pm »
And again......

Are you including Conservatives here??

"Antis" are not conservative, they are reactionary.  Quite the opposite.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 07:37:01 pm »
You are not an "anti" who blames Trump for every sparrow that falls from the sky.

But that accusation has been made here against conservatives.

It is clearly not true, or justified, but the implication is, if a conservative opposes Trump, he is an ‘anti’ and no better than the left in wishing death and destruction on America.

I’m just suggesting that the term ‘anti Trump’ confused your post and was entirely unnecessary.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 07:39:22 pm »
"Antis" are not conservative, they are reactionary.  Quite the opposite.

Again.... as stated above.... the accusation (entirely false) has been made by Trump loyalists against CONSERVATIVES on this board.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2020, 07:56:00 pm »
I’m just suggesting that the term ‘anti Trump’ confused your post and was entirely unnecessary.

I am compelled to agree with that part.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 08:01:04 pm »
I am compelled to agree with that part.   :shrug:

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 08:06:17 pm »
:beer:

I'll do better  :beer:

I should add one little thing, as an unimportant aside:  I draw a distinction between "Never" and "Anti."  "Never" is "Won't vote for Trump no matter what."  "Anti" means there are only two things wrong with Donald Trump:   Every word he says, and every deed he does.  I like "Nevers," but don't care as much for "Antis" because that's just knee-jerking.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 08:14:09 pm »
I'll do better  :beer:

I should add one little thing, as an unimportant aside:  I draw a distinction between "Never" and "Anti."  "Never" is "Won't vote for Trump no matter what."  "Anti" means there are only two things wrong with Donald Trump:   Every word he says, and every deed he does.  I like "Nevers," but don't care as much for "Antis" because that's just knee-jerking.   :shrug:

I appreciate your making that distinction, but as some might say , it is a distinction without a difference.

In a political climate where certain phrases are dog whistles that attract angry mobs, it’s probably best to stay away from “close but not really “ phrases.

But that’s probably just me.

IMO, there is no greater gap than that between conservatives who oppose Trump from a solidly conservative position, and the rabid left who doesn’t even have the capacity to think... let alone think about what’s best for America.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 08:26:12 pm »
Neither party should be playing politics with the coronavirus.  Its not a joke.  Its not an opportunity to air political arguments against each other.  That is what this country has come to.  A bunch of "little" people looking for opportunity to get one another.  And I would hope that the ones leading the country would stand up and show themselves above this stupidity.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 08:31:23 pm »
I appreciate your making that distinction, but as some might say , it is a distinction without a difference.

In a political climate where certain phrases are dog whistles that attract angry mobs, it’s probably best to stay away from “close but not really “ phrases.

But that’s probably just me.

IMO, there is no greater gap than that between conservatives who oppose Trump from a solidly conservative position, and the rabid left who doesn’t even have the capacity to think... let alone think about what’s best for America.

As a member of "management" I need the distinction.  As for what's highlighted, it calls for another round of virtual brew.  Thinking is the difference.   :beer: :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:55 pm »
As a member of "management" I need the distinction.  As for what's highlighted, it calls for another round of virtual brew.  Thinking is the difference.   :beer: :beer:

Got it!

And got it!  Skol!

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 09:49:45 pm »
"Katrina" was the product of idiots who refused to move above sea level, despite the dire warnings from authorities.  To blame President Bush for that is the sort of absurdity you would find only in postmodern America.  The state nor local governments bore any responsibility.  A few thousand people made a reckless decision and got what was coming to them. 

Hopefully the public has learned to distinguish news from commentary.  The media are rather shameless in their approach.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2020, 10:32:24 pm »
"Katrina" was the product of idiots who refused to move above sea level, despite the dire warnings from authorities.  To blame President Bush for that is the sort of absurdity you would find only in postmodern America.  The state nor local governments bore any responsibility.  A few thousand people made a reckless decision and got what was coming to them. 

Hopefully the public has learned to distinguish news from commentary.  The media are rather shameless in their approach.

Actually, you are correct that the people of NOLA bear the brunt of the blame.  But this is what happens when people elect Democrats who make them dependent and helpless.  The Democrats want the people ti be that way so they will continue to elect the Democrats every election.  But the major downside comes in a crisis situation where you have people so dependent, they need their elected leaders to save them..  In NOLA, the people waited for transportation out which never came instead of getting up off their backsides and evacuating themselves. 

And yes, this BS is "commentary."  But the Dems and their allies in the media have an agenda to promote.  So there will be an endless bombardment of news stories and so-called "experts" promoting the theory that, as people die from this virus, it's all Trump's fault.  The line between news and commentary will really be blurred.

Offline DB

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2020, 10:33:08 pm »

I think the distinction ought to be if you're willing to vote for a Rat you are a Rat. Anti-Trump has nothing to do with that. A Rat isn't an alternative to Trump. I think electing Trump was a serious opportunity wasted by too many Republicans chasing a glittery object instead of actually reining in the federal government.

The bottom line measurement of the size of government is what it consumes. It is spending more than ever along with borrowing/printing more than a trillion dollars a year. That is an unmitigated disaster that is going to be with us long after the current politicians are gone. All supposedly while the economy is "doing great". Both those things can't be true at the same time.

Is it possible I could vote for Trump this next election? It is possible but not real likely. I sure has hell won't be voting for a Rat as some sort of demented corrective action.

All I see is a race to the bottom. Just because the Rats are getting there first doesn't mean we're winning.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 10:55:54 pm »
The media is Trump's mortal enemy, particularly w/this virus.
Despite this, he loves to yip-yap w/them, which hopefully will change.
Suggestion: Speak w/one voice, not Dr.This and Dr.That, followed by
a parade of political assholes!!!!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 11:00:47 pm »
I think the distinction ought to be if you're willing to vote for a Rat you are a Rat. Anti-Trump has nothing to do with that. A Rat isn't an alternative to Trump. I think electing Trump was a serious opportunity wasted by too many Republicans chasing a glittery object instead of actually reining in the federal government.

The bottom line measurement of the size of government is what it consumes. It is spending more than ever along with borrowing/printing more than a trillion dollars a year. That is an unmitigated disaster that is going to be with us long after the current politicians are gone. All supposedly while the economy is "doing great". Both those things can't be true at the same time.

Is it possible I could vote for Trump this next election? It is possible but not real likely. I sure has hell won't be voting for a Rat as some sort of demented corrective action.

All I see is a race to the bottom. Just because the Rats are getting there first doesn't mean we're winning.

GREAT post, @DB.

I think you speak for many....... some who are brave enough to post against the groupthink, and some who remain silent because they don't want to take a public beating.

Being opposed to Trump is most certainly not being for any RAT........ and those who make that accusation do a great disservice, not only to this forum, but to Conservatism as a whole.