Author Topic: Marine Recruit Held More than Two Years Without Trial Could Be Discharged, Attorney Says  (Read 230 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Recruit Held More than Two Years Without Trial Could Be Discharged, Attorney Says

6 Mar 2020
The San Diego Union-Tribune | By Andrew Dyer

SAN DIEGO -- A former Marine recruit who has spent more than two years behind bars without trial could soon be administratively separated from the service, his attorney says.

Jay-Ar Ruiz, 28, a Marine Corps private, was arrested during training at the San Diego Marine Corps Recruit Depot for striking a drill instructor in January 2018 and has spent most of the last two years confined to the brig at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/03/06/marine-recruit-held-more-two-years-without-trial-could-be-discharged-attorney-says.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Held TWO years without trial?

What I want to hear next is that the base commander is being held pending HIS trial for incompetence and every other charge that can be brought against him.

Hell,I punched out a drill sgt in basic training. Knocked his ass out while in company formation for all to see. The SOB leaned down into my face,almost nose to nose,and screamed at me that if I ever said "ok" to him again instead of "Yes,Sergeant" I will kick your ass,BOY!." So I knocked him out and told him to go home and tell his mama he just got his ass whipped by a boy. I was working on a shrimp boat at sea as a deckhand when I was 13  years old,doing a man's work and getting paid and treated as a man,and I wasn't about to put up with that kind of crap. When you start spending your summers doing stuff like stacking 130 lb fish boxes,pulling nets,etc,etc,etc,you tend to develop more muscle than most teens your age. Not to mention more self-confidence.

The only thing that happened to me was I got transferred to a different basic training company and had to start all over again. Well,that and painting two messhalls at night as "company punishment". I didn't know at the time that since I hadn't been in the army long enough to understand military law that they couldn't even legally do that,or I would have told them to kiss my ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!