Author Topic: Army won’t follow Marine Corps lead and rename Confederate bases  (Read 289 times)

rangerrebew

Army won’t follow Marine Corps lead and rename Confederate bases
Kyle Rempfer

The Army has no plans to mirror an order by the Marine Corps commandant instructing his subordinates to remove Confederate-related paraphernalia from bases across the world, according to the service.

The Marine Corps’ decision comes the same month as a congressional hearing discussed the rise of white nationalism and extremism in the military, an issue closely tied with the presence of Confederate monuments, flags and naming conventions.

“We have no plans to rename any street or installation, including those named for Confederate generals,” an Army spokesperson said.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2020/02/28/army-wont-follow-marine-corps-lead-and-rename-confederate-bases/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ARM%20DNR%202.28.20&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Army%20-%20Daily%20News%20Roundup

rangerrebew

It would appear the new Commandant of the Corps is much more PC than other leaders and that is not necessarily good **nononono*.  If the Marines had been so concerned about PC in WWII, the war in the Pacific would have ended much differently.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:54:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PeteS in CA

What many Americans do not realize is that many Confederate senior officers had served very ably in the Mexican-American War. Hence, for example, the name of the city of Fort Bragg in California.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It would appear the new Commandant of the Corps is much more PC than other leaders and that is not necessarily good **nononono*.  If the Marines had been so concerned about PC in WWII, the war in the Pacific would have ended much differently.

@rangerrebew

People tend to forget that the USMC comes under the dominion of the US Navy,and there are no bigger PC ass-kissing losers in the world than Naval officers.

Which means the USN/Chief of Naval Operations most likely ordered him to do it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mortarman

Having gone through Basic Training at Ft. Gordon an' Infantry AIT at Ft. Banning back in 1976, I would have serious objections to any name change. It was bad enough that the middle school that I went to was renamed after a man for the very reason that he was of Japanese descent an' his family lived in Madison during WW II. They weren't even interned like other Japanese were. BTW, the school was originally named after the neighborhood it served. An' the Dis-Loyal Opposition had to change it to appease the sensibilities of the very people they oppressed.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.