Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg is suspending his 2020 presidential campaign  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Pete Buttigieg is suspending his 2020 presidential campaign
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:13:53 pm »
Breaking

Pete Buttigieg is dropping out of the 2020 presidential primary race, a senior campaign aide told CNBC.

The Indiana Democrat waged an unlikely campaign that saw a little-known mayor overpower governors and U.S. senators in the race for the party nomination.

Along the way, Buttigieg assembled a substantial war chest and a vast national operation. A two-term mayor of South Bend, Indiana, Buttigieg was the first openly gay major presidential contender. He scored a narrow delegate edge over Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Iowa caucuses and finished a strong second place in New Hampshire’s primary.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/01/pete-buttigieg-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Pete Buttigieg is suspending his 2020 presidential campaign
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:17:37 pm »
I thought Amy would drop out first, becoming a bit of a 3 candidate race, Biden, Bloomfield and Bernie.

Liz is pretty far down too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:20:18 pm »
This is great news.... Just could not handle having a First Dude.... I know that makes me something bad... Tough..

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 11:20:28 pm »
I thought Amy would drop out first, becoming a bit of a 3 candidate race, Biden, Bloomfield and Bernie.

Liz is pretty far down too.

Story is breaking. I wonder why he didn’t wait til Wednesday. We shall know more soon. I’m kinda gobsmacked. I thought Amy and Warren would be next myself too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 11:25:05 pm »
Story is breaking. I wonder why he didn’t wait til Wednesday. We shall know more soon. I’m kinda gobsmacked. I thought Amy and Warren would be next myself too.

Maybe Biden has tapped him to be his VP?  Who gets Buttgig's delegates??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 11:25:32 pm »
Good.  Tired of him and his bed partner flaunting their perversions.  He really didn't have anything to offer as a candidate anyway.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 11:27:03 pm »
Little surprised he didn't wait for super Tuesday,  but perhaps he figures he's piled up enough money.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 11:27:09 pm »
You know, if a Democrat were to win, God forbid, Pete and some of these others may well be in the cabinet, the way Perry and Carson are now. They paved a bit of a future for themselves. They will fall in and support the nominee.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 11:29:36 pm »
Good.  Tired of him and his bed partner flaunting their perversions.  He really didn't have anything to offer as a candidate anyway.

But now who's gonna tell us how to be a good Christian?

Offline mortarman

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 11:33:15 pm »
Stuff like this happening is the only thing that could thwart the party bigwig's plan to draft the Pantsuit Assassin. If there aren't enough candidates to spread the delegates around, someone might jus' win enough to secure the nomination on the first vote. Of course if it gets close to that, we might be seeing some mass Arkancides, 'cuz the Pantsuit Assassin is ENTITLED .

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 11:34:50 pm »
Thank goodness for Pete and Dementia Nan, such biblical scholars.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 11:34:50 pm »
I wonder if Mayor Pete has been promised something and believes in Tippecanoe’s curse.

Yeah, I’m a little superstitious 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 11:35:03 pm »

Zactly. 

And IMHO, that stunt with the 9-year-old boy "coming out" probably helped sink Booty's campaign.  May have been a wakeup call to Christians that this is not the guy they want as president.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 11:42:50 pm »
First sick and now, dropping out. Yes, it may well have been the stunt with the nine year old or something like that.

Good observation above.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 11:43:52 pm »

Sure he did.

He offered the public abuse of 9 year old children....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 11:43:58 pm »
Would love to know what behind the scenes perks Buttplug is getting from the DNC to help grease the skids for Biden.

Timing and circumstances seems suspect.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 11:45:34 pm »
Zactly. 

And IMHO, that stunt with the 9-year-old boy "coming out" probably helped sink Booty's campaign.  May have been a wakeup call to Christians that this is not the guy they want as president.

Oops.

Missed your post.

I guess the gay white Obama proved to be more perverse than even the dems could handle.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 11:47:25 pm »

Amy is probably waiting until after Minnesota.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 11:49:04 pm »
Oops.

Missed your post.

I guess the gay white Obama proved to be more perverse than even the dems could handle.

That and the 26 delgates who will be released to Biden. If he announces that, (which I expect) Biden has a 19 vote lead.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 11:49:50 pm »
Little surprised he didn't wait for super Tuesday,  but perhaps he figures he's piled up enough money.
I'm surprised as well. Did they see something that bad in South Carolina (which Biden had in the bag for a long time) to think they didn't stand a chance? I mean, the guy was doing well in the delegate count.

This sounds like blackmail. I don't pretend to know for sure, but that's the look.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 11:50:02 pm »
Where will lil' Peter's supporters go?

I reckon at least 50% will sign up with Komrade Bernie, and the others will scatter amongst "the remainers". I doubt Biden will pick up many of 'em...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 11:50:34 pm »
That and the 26 delgates who will be released to Biden. If he announces that, (which I expect) Biden has a 19 vote lead.

That could well be it.

Or at least part of it.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2020, 11:53:32 pm »
Where will lil' Peter's supporters go?

I reckon at least 50% will sign up with Komrade Bernie, and the others will scatter amongst "the remainers". I doubt Biden will pick up many of 'em...

In a random world, yes.  But dnc is behind the scenes pulling strings for Biden.  Guy had 26 delegates going into Super Tuesday.  Like I said a few posts ago.  This whole thing looks suspicious.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2020, 11:54:03 pm »
Oops.

Missed your post.

:thumbsup:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2020, 11:58:36 pm »
There is something behind this that we do not know.
It doesn't make logical or political sense in any way.
Suddenly, he couldn't hold on for two more days?
Something is fishy...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.