Author Topic: US Postal Service worker tests positive for coronavirus  (Read 667 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US Postal Service worker tests positive for coronavirus
« on: March 01, 2020, 10:33:57 pm »
US Postal Service worker tests positive for coronavirus
by Zachary Halaschak
 | March 01, 2020 04:59 PM

An employee with the U.S. Postal Service has tested positive for coronavirus in a suburb of Seattle, Washington.

The female employee, who works at a package-sorting facility, is recovering while the sorting facility is closed for cleaning, but her condition is not known. The infection comes in the same state that saw the first U.S. death from the virus, known as the COVID-19 virus, on Saturday.

The USPS said that the employee would not have directly handled packages or mail in her role, but she may have come been in contact with other employees who do. However, USPS also indicated that the King County Health Department said the chances of exposure to other employees was low.

“No mail is delivered from the facility,” USPS said in a statement. “It is sorted and transported to individual post offices, from which the parcels are delivered to customers.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-postal-service-worker-tests-positive-for-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: US Postal Service worker tests positive for coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:17:38 pm »
So, do we have to hear about every new case of the flu from now on? Geez.

Hey, I’m just getting over a doozy of a 2-week long cold. I had rivers of snot. Kleenex made a fortune on me, their stock went up. Why didn’t that make national news?

My message to the democrat party media is simple: You’re milking it, you bozos!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:30:23 pm »
Agreed, we don't need to hear of every new case. They sure are random, aren't they? Almost like some world superpower is behind the whole thing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 02:35:55 am »
Shut it down.  I'm sick of my taxes financing unsolicited advertisements into my home anyways.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 10:33:42 am »
Shut it down.  I'm sick of my taxes financing unsolicited advertisements into my home anyways.
Take down your mailbox, then. Change your address and don't move. Speak for yourself.

I like being able to stick something into an envelope or box and have it arrive halfway across the country for less than it costs to drive halfway across my state, and the Post Office, despite the line, is open far more hours for shipping than those other guys here.  Besides it is one of the Constitutional duties of the Feds to keep the post roads open.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 04:24:38 pm »
Since when does the deep state pay attention to the Constitution?

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 04:27:50 pm »

Hey, I’m just getting over a doozy of a 2-week long cold. I had rivers of snot. Kleenex made a fortune on me, their stock went up. Why didn’t that make national news?

I've about succeeded in convincing my wife this thing is way overblown.

BTW thanks for the visual :3:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:29:33 pm by skeeter »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 05:53:25 pm »
@aligncare

Your cold didn’t make national news because we know what a common cold is, how it spreads, what symptoms is causes and common colds, while miserable, rarely results in fatal complications or puts people in the ICU.

We also know what influenza is, what strains are circulating and where and who is most at risk. And we have vaccines for influenza and medications that can lessen the effects and shorten the duration.  And we know how influenza is transmitted and when the flu season starts and typically ends and have reliable tests for it and a good surveillance system for tracking its spread and severity and also if a new or “novel” strain of influenza appears, like the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, when to raise alarms.

And influenza deaths, especially when it results in the deaths of young and healthy people typically does make at least the local news, often more as a cautionary tale as to the importance of getting a flu shot and not ignoring or failing to seek treatment when signs of pneumonia or sepsis appear.

A record-breaking 105 US children have died from flu so far this season
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/21/health/child-flu-deaths-105/index.html

https://news.google.com/search?for=child%20dies%20from%20flu&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

“CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza”.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html

That is a lot of illness and a lot of deaths and most of those deaths occur in most of the same populations suspetible to SARS-CoV-2 – the elderly and people with underlying health conditions although this year’s A strain of H1N1 does seem to be causing serious illness and deaths in children more than usual.

But understand that with this novel coronavirus, there are still a lot of unknowns. And “novel” is the key word. It means a new contagion that never infected humans previously and something for which no one has had prior exposure to and therefore no immunity.

What we think we know so far is that it is less deadly than SARS or MERS but is perhaps more contagious which is not good. A Case Fatality Rate (CRF) of around 2% puts it into the same CFR as the 1918-19 “Spanish Flu” but we do not yet know if it will spread as rapidly or as extensively or if this is just the first wave similar to the “Spanish Flu” that in its first wave that first appeared in the spring of 1918 was deadly for some and disappeared by summer, only to return in the fall of 1918 in a much more lethal form.

And we do not yet know the exact CFR of SARS-CoV-2 because, and much like influenza, not all people infected seek medical care and therefore are not tested and some can be somewhat asymptomatic, plus the fact that testing in the US has been woefully low because of shortages in test kits and initial misguidance from the CDC on who should be tested which thankfully is now being addressed. The upside of people with mild symptoms or asymptomatic is that this could lower the overall CFR - the downside is that this could mean wide scale spread and what we are beginning to see – community spread.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/three-waves.htm

Then there is the R0. Currently, the R0 for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the disease COVID-19, is estimated at about 2.2, meaning a single infected person will infect about 2.2 others, on average. By comparison, the flu has an R0 of 1.3.

All this doesn’t mean I’m headed down to the bunker (yet).

But to claim this is nothing more than a “cold” or that it is an invention of the liberal media to take down Trump, is both stupid and dangerous.

Read up on the 1918-19 Influenza pandemic, why it got the name “Spanish Flu” and how media censorship among nations engaged in WWI played down the pandemic, including in the US under the Sedition Act and how that likely contributed to many deaths. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/journal-plague-year-180965222/

Lastly if this is no big deal, then why has the Trump administration put even more travel bans in place, is meeting with manufacturers of PPE and may evoked war time powers under the Defense Production Act to force them to ramp up production of coronavirus protective gear, is meeting with pharmaceutical companies on vaccine production and why is FEMA mobilizing a response?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fema-prepping-possible-coronavirus-emergency-declaration-n1147016
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause