Author Topic: FBI And DOJ Personnel Confirm Agents Frequently Fudge Facts When Seeking FISA Warrants  (Read 299 times)

rangerrebew

FBI And DOJ Personnel Confirm Agents Frequently Fudge Facts When Seeking FISA Warrants

Legal Issues
from the respecting-the-bleep-out-of-the-rule-of-law dept
Fri, Feb 28th 2020 10:44am — Tim Cushing

The fallout from the FBI's highly-questionable Carter Page investigation continues. The problems first came to light in an Inspector General's report which found the FBI did a lot of creative writing to continue its surveillance of Page, even after information came to light indicating the former Trump adviser was not operating on behalf of a foreign power.

The IG pointed out the FBI warrants relied on statements that were "inaccurate, incomplete, or unsupported by appropriate documentation." If the FBI did this in the Page investigation, it could easily be assumed the FBI had done it in other cases utilizing the FISA court. The protections erected to protect American citizens from surveillance by their own government were rendered useless by FBI statements the Inspector General was too kind to call lies.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20200224/14262943971/fbi-doj-personnel-confirm-agents-frequently-fudge-facts-when-seeking-fisa-warrants.shtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+techdirt%2Ffeed+%28Techdirt%29

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The FBI is out of control and needs to be reined in.  I firmly believe we have to many federal agencies, and I think the FBI should be folded into Homeland and everyone above first line supervision should be rifted.

This group remains intact, and they will carry out a coup again and again, for they have yet to answer to anyone.

I hope Carter Page sues them for $1 billion.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I appreciate the extra effort the get their man.  They Fight!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The FBI is out of control and needs to be reined in.  I firmly believe we have to many federal agencies, and I think the FBI should be folded into Homeland and everyone above first line supervision should be rifted.

This group remains intact, and they will carry out a coup again and again, for they have yet to answer to anyone.

I hope Carter Page sues them for $1 billion.

I personally think that the current national government is about 3 times as large as it SHOULD be but seemingly no one cares!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I personally think that the current national government is about 3 times as large as it SHOULD be but seemingly no one cares!
https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Some of do.