Author Topic: Air Force changes service anthem to gender-neutral lyrics  (Read 265 times)

rangerrebew

Air Force changes service anthem to gender-neutral lyrics
« on: February 29, 2020, 12:34:17 pm »

By - Associated Press - Thursday, February 27, 2020

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The U.S. Air Force changed lyrics in its service anthem by dropping gender references that exclude women.

The change announced Thursday by the Air Force chief of staff, Gen. David Goldfein, is designed to make the service friendlier to women, The Gazette reports.

“Our song must reflect our history, the inspiring service and accomplishments of all who’ve served, and the rich diversity that makes today’s Air Force indisputably the strongest and most capable in the world,” Goldfein wrote in a message to airmen, cadets and academy alumni.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/27/air-force-changes-service-anthem-gender-neutral-ly/

rangerrebew

Re: Air Force changes service anthem to gender-neutral lyrics
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 12:36:11 pm »
The Navy might take a lesson from this and stop using the gender specific pronouns she/her when talking about a ship and change the term to they/them.  Anchors aweigh my boys could also use the they/them alternative. 000hehehehe
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:39:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 12:52:07 pm »
That'll scare the enemy...

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:56:21 pm »
BFD...second verse which is hardly, if ever sung.   *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Meanwhile, the suicide rate continues to climb and this is what is considered "important" within the halls of the Pentagon and media.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 03:59:04 pm »

Mote PC intrusion running amok.  I am almost numb to it nowadays.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.