Author Topic: Daily Beast: Bloomberg Killed the Best Chance at Justice for 9/11  (Read 334 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Daily Beast:

Bloomberg Killed the Best Chance at Justice for 9/11

Spencer Ackerman Senior Nat’l Security Correspondent

If it wasn’t for Mike Bloomberg, the alleged perpetrators of the worst terrorist attack in American history would likely have been convicted of mass murder by now.

According to all the evidence available both at the time and in the nine years since Bloomberg’s intervention, a federal court almost certainly would have convicted the five co-defendants. A judge would have had to reckon with the torture the CIA inflicted on them, barring the prosecution from using tainted evidence—and showing, for the record, how torture jeopardized the case. Most importantly, there would have been closure, provided in open court and displaying the inheritance of centuries of jurisprudence, for the atrocity of 9/11 and the brutality America chose when confronting it.

“I remember the hopes I had that there would be a federal trial, and I remember when Bloomberg and others came together and said it wasn’t going to happen.”

— Terry Rockefeller

Read more at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/bloomberg-killed-the-best-chance-at-justice-for-the-911-attacks

Just posting, DB does come up with some interesting angles.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Daily Beast: Bloomberg Killed the Best Chance at Justice for 9/11
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 05:53:38 pm »
Bloomberg didn't want a public trial in the middle of NYC.  There could have easily been riots, or at minimum, street-choking protests, with the Moslem group out front.  It would have been a circus, which I guess is what people wanted?

Bloomberg would have run the bread concessions to go with the circus.  wink777
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: