Author Topic: Former Obama Adviser: Democratic Party Elites Decide the Nominee, Not Voters  (Read 454 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Obama Adviser: Democratic Party Elites Decide the Nominee, Not Voters
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Feb 28, 2020 8:10 AM

Supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders were surprised to see establishment Democrats saying the quiet part out loud—that the nominating process isn’t decided by voters, according to Anton Gunn, a former adviser to President Obama.

The former South Carolina state representative said on MSNBC that party elites decide who becomes the nominee, not the public.

“I will say that Bernie is moving the goalpost,” he said. “This is what people need to remember: The Democratic Party has a party. The party decides its nominee. The public doesn’t really decide the nominee. The public gets to vote for president of the United States, but people who are active in the party, who participate in the party, they decide the nominee.”

He continued: “Superdelegates are very influential in the party. Also, delegates are very influential. And just because you’re a pledged delegate for Bernie Sanders or a pledged delegate for Joe Biden doesn’t mean when you get to the convention floor that you’ll stay a delegate for Biden or Sanders. It’s a process.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/02/28/former-obama-adviser-democratic-party-elites-decide-the-nominee-not-voters-n2562125
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Sounds to me like the dems have their own swamp to drain...

Offline LMAO

There’s a very good chance that Sanders may not be the nominee. I think the GOP needs to hold their fire until there’s a nominee on the other side

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Former Obama Adviser: Democratic Party Elites Decide the Nominee, Not Voters

Duh!!! Anyone who didn't know that has been asleep for a VERY long time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Duh!!! Anyone who didn't know that has been asleep for a VERY long time!

Indeed.  I've always assumed the voters are at the bottom of this pyramid scheme.  "If voting really changed things, it would be illegal."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Indeed.  I've always assumed the voters are at the bottom of this pyramid scheme.  "If voting really changed things, it would be illegal."
True
But Democrat Party Law is, you are never supposed to say it outloud.
That woman is in big trouble with the Democrats.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.