Author Topic: Democratic Superdelegates Say They’re Willing To Prevent Sanders From Becoming The Nominee  (Read 336 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic Superdelegates Say They’re Willing To Prevent Sanders From Becoming The Nominee

Andrew Kerr
Investigative Reporter
February 27, 2020 1:51 PM ET

The New York Times interviewed 93 Democratic superdelegates, 84 of which said Sen. Bernie Sanders shouldn’t become the nominee based solely on winning most, but not over 50%, of primary and caucus delegates.
    “If 60% is not with Bernie Sanders, I think that says something, I really do,” Democratic Rep. Veronica Escobar of Texas told The Times.
    The odds of a contested convention are at 48%, according to FiveThirtyEight’s forecasting model Thursday.

Dozens of Democratic superdelegates say they’re willing to sacrifice party cohesion to prevent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders from becoming their party’s nominee at the Democratic National Convention in July.

The New York Times spoke with 93 superdelegates following Sanders’s victory in the Nevada caucuses on Feb. 22, the vast majority of which said they believe the Democratic Party is headed toward a contested convention. Of the superdelegates interviewed, 84 said Sanders does not deserve to become the party’s nominee based solely on having secured the most, but not over 50%, of the delegates during the primaries and caucuses.

“If 60% is not with Bernie Sanders, I think that says something, I really do,” Democratic Rep. Veronica Escobar of Texas told The Times.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/27/democratic-superdelegates-sanders-nominee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've been a supporter of the clown car all the way to the convention, but considering the kickback Sanders is getting, I'm almost thinking that he's the guy that's easiest to beat, and would turn the DNC in to a civil war.
The Republic is lost.