Author Topic: Trump Calls on RBG, Sotomayor to Sit Out Future Cases  (Read 1087 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Calls on RBG, Sotomayor to Sit Out Future Cases
« on: February 25, 2020, 06:01:57 pm »
Trump Calls on RBG, Sotomayor to Sit Out Future Cases
Ginsburg ignored congressional recusal requests in 2018

Kevin Daley - February 25, 2020 11:50 AM

President Donald Trump urged Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor to recuse themselves from all "Trump-related matters" pending before the Supreme Court in a pair of Monday night tweets.

The message comes less than one month before the justices will consider the president's challenges to three subpoenas issued for his private financial records.

"I just don't see how they can't recuse themselves from anything Trump or Trump-related," the president told reporters after sending the tweets. Trump added that Ginsburg in particular "went wild during the campaign."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-calls-on-rbg-sotomayor-to-sit-out-future-cases/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump Calls on RBG, Sotomayor to Sit Out Future Cases
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 06:34:44 pm »
Kagan and Sotomayor declared themselves impartial when deciding Obastardcare, even after having appeared before the SCOTUS arguing the case.  The leftists aren't about to recuse from anything.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 07:19:17 pm »
Getting everything "on the record"....luv my POTUS!    :cool:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 09:11:45 pm »
What a retard.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 03:37:31 am »
What a retard.

Whether you like it or not that isn't how it works.  Just means that our Conservative judges need to vote Constitution and Conservative.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 03:52:23 am »
What a retard.
No reason to call names of others on this thread.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 04:03:51 am »
No reason to call names of others on this thread.
I'm talking about Trump.  You couldn't figure that out?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:08:25 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 04:07:22 am »
I'm talking about Trump.

Wow, I got it.  I think there is a reading comprehension problem.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 04:15:34 am »
Wow, I got it.  I think there is a reading comprehension problem.
That happens when the leader of the free world proposes his enemies give up and go away, because he is "right."  I definitely blame President Trump.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 04:45:14 am »
That happens when the leader of the free world proposes his enemies give up and go away, because he is "right."  I definitely blame President Trump.

Me too!  It a mechanism.  Group think.  To criticize the president is to criticize them all.

They are Trump.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 05:23:10 am by Chosen Daughter »

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 03:05:16 pm »
Me too!  It a mechanism.  Group think.  To criticize the president is to criticize them all.

They are Trump.

I'm old enough to remember when the GOP celebrated America's freedom to declare the President a liar, but much like opposition to reckless government spending it's situational.  It only applies when the President is a democrat.

Happy Ash Wednesday my friend.
http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/t__s__eliot/poems/15133

Blessèd sister, holy mother, spirit of the fountain, spirit
of the garden,
Suffer us not to mock ourselves with falsehood
Teach us to care and not to care
Teach us to sit still
Even among these rocks,
Our peace in His will
And even among these rocks
Sister, mother
And spirit of the river, spirit of the sea,
Suffer me not to be separated

And let my cry come unto Thee.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 03:08:44 pm »
I'm talking about Trump.  You couldn't figure that out?
One liners aimed to the world?

I could name a number of others who fit that bill quite nicely.

Specificity is a problem of yours I see.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 03:28:42 pm »
One liners aimed to the world?

I could name a number of others who fit that bill quite nicely.

Specificity is a problem of yours I see.

Then we have much in common. :beer:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 04:03:15 pm »

The irrational hatred is strong.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 04:07:23 pm »

As is the burning need to express it.

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 04:59:44 pm »
@ArneFufkin
If Obama said Roberts and Alito should recuse from decisions because they didn't support Obama, could you recognize that as asinine or irrational?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 05:06:50 pm »
@ArneFufkin
If Obama said Roberts and Alito should recuse from decisions because they didn't support Obama, could you recognize that as asinine or irrational?

@Once-Ler

Ah, my friend.   It's because they PUBLICLY give political opinions...not because Ginsberg and Sotomayor don't support him.   

Quite a difference. 

Ginsberg is senile, so I'll give her a pass.  But, the Latina should know where that line is.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 05:12:28 pm »
Not much.

The only thing I can think of is being on this board

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2020, 06:08:49 pm »
@Once-Ler

Ah, my friend.   It's because they PUBLICLY give political opinions...not because Ginsberg and Sotomayor don't support him.   

Quite a difference. 

Ginsberg is senile, so I'll give her a pass.  But, the Latina should know where that line is.   
@DCPatriot

Great point.  Should SCOTUS judges forfeit their rights to vocalize their opinion publicly?   :pondering:  Should They be impeached?  On the surface it seems irrelevant to me because I live in Realsville, my friend, and should don't mean much here.  Actually, Trump's impotent whining looks stupid and pathetic in light of reality to those of us who question his divinity, but I appreciate the distinction you offer.  Quite a difference.  Thanx for your reply even though you didn't answer my question.  I'll assume "yes" you would scoff if Obama declared Roberts and Alito should recuse themselves...provided they were not senile, Latina, or some other objection culled from the Penumbra of the Constitution.  You're a Great American.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2020, 06:13:44 pm »
@DCPatriot

Great point.  Should SCOTUS judges forfeit their rights to vocalize their opinion publicly?   :pondering:  Should They be impeached?  On the surface it seems irrelevant to me because I live in Realsville, my friend, and should don't mean much here.  Actually, Trump's impotent whining looks stupid and pathetic in light of reality to those of us who question his divinity, but I appreciate the distinction you offer.  Quite a difference.  Thanx for your reply even though you didn't answer my question.  I'll assume "yes" you would scoff if Obama declared Roberts and Alito should recuse themselves...provided they were not senile, Latina, or some other objection culled from the Penumbra of the Constitution.  You're a Great American.

If all he's suggesting is that they recuse themselves on certain cases that are politically tinged...I'll go along.

If Alito and Roberts public speaking appearances showed a disdain for Barack Obama's presidency, I'd feel the same way, yes.

They didn't.   :cool:

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2020, 06:24:59 pm »
If all he's suggesting is that they recuse themselves on certain cases that are politically tinged...I'll go along.

Trump is suggesting because he has no power to act.  I'll go along with impotence too.  I just don't air it public, and I don't admire it.

If Alito and Roberts public speaking appearances showed a disdain for Barack Obama's presidency, I'd feel the same way, yes.

I appreciate your feelings.  I agree with your feelings too.  Life ain't fair.  rats cheat a lot.  This isn't the world I wanted.

Thanx again for your reply.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 08:11:51 pm »

Not much.

The only thing I can think of is being on this board

I like food.  I'm against crime.  I feel inhibited to wear cloths in public.  I can spell small word accurately.  I've watched a lot of television...more than I should have.  I have interacted with both a mother and a father at times in my life.  I was born in America.  I do not like the sensation of pain.  I like women, but have showered with men at exercise facilities.  I have eaten meals at McDonalds.  I wear sox and underwear frequently.  I own car insurance.  I know Spiderman's secret identity.  I think my farts are not as unpleasent as other people's to me.  I think Washington was the first American President.  I don't like today's music as much as the music I grew up with, and I want to torture Ben Kingsley in front of his family for his crimes against acting.

I bet we agree on 90%-95% of this.

I think a strong US military is extremely important.  I support low taxes, and smaller government.  I think religious freedom is just as important, if not more than gender equality.  I think the right to own firearms is linked with our Constitutional rights to life and liberty.  I think Jusse Smollet is a dick.

Again I'm confident we agree.

Where we differ is on things like I expect a non-sociopath and less embarrassingly incompetent President to lead America than Trump.  He should hold some kind of human like values, morals, judgement and the ability to empathize with human behavior.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 08:25:50 pm »

...snip of a wonderful post

Where we differ is on things like I expect a non-sociopath and less embarrassingly incompetent President to lead America than Trump.  He should hold some kind of human like values, morals, judgement and the ability to empathize with human behavior.

His success is Exhibit A...both as a developer on a global scale, and a television producer, suggest otherwise.

You don't rise in this world not having "Empathy".   

The man has 'lost' Billions of $$$ since becoming POTUS. Plus, he's missing out on his own economic boom, which has fattened peoples' investments 25% +/-.

He's doing what he said was necessary back in 1987, in television interviews.  He's the real deal, @Once-Ler .   happy77
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:26:40 pm by DCPatriot »

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 08:48:54 pm »
His success is Exhibit A...both as a developer on a global scale, and a television producer, suggest otherwise.

You don't rise in this world not having "Empathy".

That's a fair point @DCPatriot and stronger than my counter, but here goes...Soros. 

The man has 'lost' Billions of $$$ since becoming POTUS. Plus, he's missing out on his own economic boom, which has fattened peoples' investments 25% +/-.

I don't know that.  He won't produce his taxes.

He's doing what he said was necessary back in 1987, in television interviews.  He's the real deal, @Once-Ler .   happy77

If I had to accept the character testimony of just one man, I would do that for you.  I have known you for years and while we disagree on politics, I have no reason to believe you are not the same good-natured, plain-spoken, common-sense man who I used to almost always agree with before  President Trump.  I do not doubt your sincerity at all.  I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt and responding yet again in that spirit.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 08:59:07 pm »
That's a fair point @DCPatriot and stronger than my counter, but here goes...Soros. 

I don't know that.  He won't produce his taxes.

If I had to accept the character testimony of just one man, I would do that for you.  I have known you for years and while we disagree on politics, I have no reason to believe you are not the same good-natured, plain-spoken, common-sense man who I used to almost always agree with before  President Trump.  I do not doubt your sincerity at all.  I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt and responding yet again in that spirit.

Thank you, sir.

Pres. Trump will come and go.   'Friendships' built prior should endure!    :beer: