Author Topic: 72: That’s the number of times CNN and MSNBC have aired same misleading Bloomberg ad  (Read 424 times)

rangerrebew

72: That’s the number of times CNN and MSNBC have aired same misleading Bloomberg ad
By Daily Caller News Foundation February 24, 2020

By Chuck Ross

TV networks, led by CNN and MSNBC, have aired a Michael Bloomberg ad more than 70 times in recent days in which the 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful falsely said he led New York City through 9/11.

“I led a complex, diverse city through 9/11, and I have common sense plans to move America away from chaos to progress,” Bloomberg said in a 30-second campaign ad called “It Won’t Work.” (RELATED: ‘Throw Them Against The Wall’: Bloomberg Aggressively Defended Stop And Frisk In 2015)

The problem with the claim is that Bloomberg did not take over as mayor of the Big Apple until Jan. 1, 2002, several months after terrorists flew airplanes into the World Trade Center towers in Manhattan.

https://libertyunyielding.com/2020/02/24/72-thats-the-number-of-times-cnn-and-msnbc-have-aired-the-same-misleading-bloomberg-ad/

Offline Applewood

I abhor all of Bloomberg 's campaign ads, but this one is the worst.  Bloomberg was not the mayor right after 9-11; Giuliani was.  Giuliani was the one who lifted up and comforted the city after that tragedy.  If anything, once Bloomberg became mayor, he undid what Rudy had done and made NYC worse.

Offline skeeter

I abhor all of Bloomberg 's campaign ads, but this one is the worst.  Bloomberg was not the mayor right after 9-11; Giuliani was.  Giuliani was the one who lifted up and comforted the city after that tragedy.  If anything, once Bloomberg became mayor, he undid what Rudy had done and made NYC worse.

I heard this as well. Thats chutzpah.

Offline verga

Did anyone expect him to be factually accurate?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

Did anyone expect him to be factually accurate?

No.  And to be fair, most campaign ads play fast and loose with the truth. 

As I see it, the situation here is that Bloomberg is relying on voters to have short memories.  And the youngest voters were maybe babies at the time of 9-11, so they have no idea what went on back then.  Furthermore, when they go to school or college, their history lessons are distorted by commie teachers and professors and the accompanying commie curriculum they teach.  So Bloomberg figures he can sell these kids a bill of goods and they'll just eat it up. 

Offline berdie

No.  And to be fair, most campaign ads play fast and loose with the truth. 

As I see it, the situation here is that Bloomberg is relying on voters to have short memories.  And the youngest voters were maybe babies at the time of 9-11, so they have no idea what went on back then.  Furthermore, when they go to school or college, their history lessons are distorted by commie teachers and professors and the accompanying commie curriculum they teach.  So Bloomberg figures he can sell these kids a bill of goods and they'll just eat it up.

I agree @Applewood .  The 9/11 ad made me scratch my head.  Now he has one that infers that children (minority) haven't had education for 30 years. Really, dude, really??

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The ad is definitely deceptive. But, for the sake of truth, 9/11 was still very much 'in play' a few weeks later when Bloomberg came onboard. It was by no means a 'closed case' at that time.

I'll allow it. But he should modify the ad to be more clear about what he means. Why would a millennial care anyway who was mayor when it happened? I'm not sure who he is trying to appeal to with this. I'm not sure whether or not claiming responsibility for the city when 9/11 happened is a good or a bad thing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.