Author Topic: Virginia lawmakers pass bill ending Lee-Jackson holiday  (Read 576 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Virginia lawmakers pass bill ending Lee-Jackson holiday
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:11:25 pm »
 By Sarah Rankin - Associated Press - Updated: 4:14 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2020

RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia lawmakers passed a bill Monday that scraps the state’s Lee-Jackson holiday celebrating two Confederate generals and replaces it with one on Election Day.

The House approved legislation that had already cleared the Senate, advancing the measure to Gov. Ralph Northam, who supports it.

Lee-Jackson Day, established over 100 years ago, is observed annually on the Friday preceding the third Monday in January. It honors Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson, both native Virginians.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/24/virginia-bill-end-lee-jackson-holiday-passes-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Virginia lawmakers pass bill ending Lee-Jackson holiday
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:34:26 pm »
No wonder Liberals (Leftists, etc.) like Muslims. Either will erase the history of their predecessors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 02:13:12 pm »
Does VA's state constitution allow for voter initiatives?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 02:29:52 pm »
By Sarah Rankin - Associated Press - Updated: 4:14 p.m. on Monday, February 24, 2020

RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia lawmakers passed a bill Monday that scraps the state’s Lee-Jackson holiday celebrating two Confederate generals and replaces it with one on Election Day.

Like a drippng faucet.  Folks, you Amerian heritage, including the founding fathers is on the horizon of this bull shit. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 02:34:30 pm »

@PeteS in CA

I don't think that matters. The yankees and various other leftists now have total political control over the northeastern part of Va,and that is where most of the voters are.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 02:36:22 pm »

As long as the liberals like it, otherwise they just ignore it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 02:36:40 pm »
Like a drippng faucet.  Folks, you Amerian heritage, including the founding fathers is on the horizon of this bull shit.

@catfish1957

Of course. America sucks and the Founding Fathers were all racist slave owners and rapists. Only One Worlders/Communists cares about de peep-pulls.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 02:39:48 pm »
@PeteS in CA

I don't think that matters. The yankees and various other leftists now have total political control over the northeastern part of Va,and that is where most of the voters are.
But the rest of the state is where all the guns are. Just saying.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 04:25:47 am »
@PeteS in CA

Give it back to the Federal District, (where it was before The War), and keep Virginia for Virginians.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis