Author Topic: Around 30 Hurt as Car Rams Germany Carnival Procession  (Read 344 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Around 30 Hurt as Car Rams Germany Carnival Procession
« on: February 24, 2020, 10:52:53 pm »
Around 30 Hurt as Car Rams Germany Carnival Procession
by Naharnet Newsdesk

Some 30 people including children were injured Monday when a car plowed into a carnival procession in the small German town of Volkmarsen, with police arresting the driver but declining to speculate on a motive.

Prosecutors in Frankfurt said the 29-year-old suspect was a German national who faces charges of attempted homicide over the incident in the western state of Hesse.

The investigation was continuing "in all directions", they said in a statement, after police stopped short of calling the incident an attack.

Read more at: http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/269433-around-30-hurt-as-car-rams-germany-carnival-procession

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Around 30 Hurt as Car Rams Germany Carnival Procession
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:42:06 pm »
This story is over nine hours old and still no release of the drivers name, but there are plenty of admonitions to the public not to jump to conclusions

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 05:20:09 pm »
What we are finding out:
Twenty-nine year-old resident Maurice P was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide in the town of Volkmarsen.

The motive of the attack was still unclear on Tuesday but police denied a report that the man was drunk.

What do we know about the suspect?

Maurice P was himself injured and police said they had yet to question him. They raided his home late on Monday and his landlord told local broadcaster Hessenchau that he was a "very calm, totally inconspicuous and always polite person".

More: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51626844?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

The article also states, there was an erroneous picture on the internet floating around of a man said to be arrested but it was not the culprit. So, they aren't really telling us a lot.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 07:35:54 pm »
What we are finding out:
The article also states, there was an erroneous picture on the internet floating around of a man said to be arrested but it was not the culprit. So, they aren't really telling us a lot.
I read the the driver was himself injured........................by the angry crowd! Can't say as I blame them since they say he accelerated into the crowd. They are certainly taking their time releasing information about the driver, not even his last name. I can't help but believe that if 'someone' drove their car at high speed into a crowd of innocent celebrating members of the religion of peace we would know everything about the driver by now, including his faith, politics, schooling and shoe size!