Author Topic: Report: Calls For Boycotting Greyhound Grow As Company Defies Working With ICE  (Read 465 times)

rangerrebew

Report: Calls For Boycotting Greyhound Grow As Company Defies Working With ICE

By Wayne Dupree | Featured Contributor | February 23, 2020 11:12PM

Have you heard the latest about Greyhound bus services deciding not to comply with Immigration and Custom Enforcement checks dealing with illegal immigration?

This is a strange decision since Tour Bus Operators have been telling passengers for years (decades) at both land borders when Border Patrols Officers board the busses at borders to comply with identification requirements to cross into foreign nations or returning to the USA.

What are they thinking? The Department of Transportation can make it harder for every bus to continue on the roads if that’s what Greyhound wants, mandatory road safety checks take way longer than immigration checks, and “all” busses are subject to them, which also means that “all” passengers will have to step off of the bus. In contrast, the safety checks are being done, “there” no warrant needed now!

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/report-calls-for-boycotting-greyhound-grow-as-company-defies-working-with-ice/

Offline mortarman

Back in the '90, I worked at a paint manufacturer in Madison, WI. The Greyhound Bus Station was right across the street. So much human trafficking came through there, we had to lock the gates when we shut down at night.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline verga

Will this be another example of get woke go broke, what not to do in business?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

Will this be another example of get woke go broke, what not to do in business?

AFAIK, Greydog doesn't have competition from another nationwide bus company. But there is Amtrak and quite a few airlines. So it isn't like Greydog is dominating the market for inter-city and interstate transportation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

AFAIK, Greydog doesn't have competition from another nationwide bus company. But there is Amtrak and quite a few airlines. So it isn't like Greydog is dominating the market for inter-city and interstate transportation.

Used to have Trailways as a major competitor.  Every once in a while I see a bus marked "Trailways," but I don't think that's the Trailways I remember.  Pittsburgh has Megabus, but it only operates to a handful of cities in the region.  Can't go coast-to-coast.

These days, bus travel is mostly for the poor and Greyhound gets a lot of creepy people.  I took Greyhound once.  A couple in front of me were shooting up. That was it.  I took a plane back home. 

Offline verga

Used to have Trailways as a major competitor.  Every once in a while I see a bus marked "Trailways," but I don't think that's the Trailways I remember.  Pittsburgh has Megabus, but it only operates to a handful of cities in the region.  Can't go coast-to-coast.

These days, bus travel is mostly for the poor and Greyhound gets a lot of creepy people.  I took Greyhound once.  A couple in front of me were shooting up. That was it.  I took a plane back home.
My wife took Mega Bus from Va to OK about 4 years ago.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

My wife took Mega Bus from Va to OK about 4 years ago.

I should have clarified.  I meant in Pittsburgh, Megabus is regional.  Only travels to/from a few cities in PA, plus Morgantown, WV, New York and Washington. 

By the way, did your wife like Megabus? 

Offline verga

I should have clarified.  I meant in Pittsburgh, Megabus is regional.  Only travels to/from a few cities in PA, plus Morgantown, WV, New York and Washington. 

By the way, did your wife like Megabus?
She did, I took it from Richmond to Buffalo vi8a DC and NYC. I was fine with it until the woman got on in NYC and her kid cried all the way to Albany.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
There are several competitors, actually.

Trailways has an inter-locking partnership with Greyhound.

Then there's Coach USA, which also runs Megabus. They're the main one that serves my area.

Finally, you have the Chinatown bus lines. They have a pretty bad reputation for being chinsy, but they're dirt cheap.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024