Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On His Fidel Castro Support In 60 Minutes Interview  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Brock Simmons February 24, 2020

Leading Democrat Bernie Sanders Doubles Down On His Fidel Castro Support In 60 Minutes Interview

Bernie the commie continues to show he is oblivious to history and reality. He has previously taken flak for voicing his support for communist regimes, such as Cuba and the Soviet Union, while sometimes blaming America for the failures of those systems. But rather than realize it was a mistake to support murderous dictators of decades past, Bernie is doubling down and continuing to say great things about Fidel Castro and the Cuban communist revolution.

Anderson Cooper recently sat down with Bernie for 60 Minutes, and when asked about his previous statements on the comunistas, he said, “When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literary program. Is that a bad thing, even though Fidel Castro did it?” Cooper asks him about the dissidents who were imprisoned, and Bernie goes “That’s right. And we condemn that, unlike Donald Trump, let’s be clear.”

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/02/leading-democrat-bernie-sanders-doubles-down-on-his-fidel-castro-support-in-60-minutes-interview/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, there goes Florida for Sanders. Lots of Cuban dissidents in Florida, many of whom have lost friends and family members to Castro's loving version of Communism. Many Cubans in the State escaped from Castro's gulag country. Don't know what Sanders thinks he is doing, but a large percentage of American Hispanics absolutely HATE Fidel Castro. By showing Castro love, Bernie is confusing his Hispanic base. This doesn't mean they will vote for Trump, but the nightmare of Cuba will keep them from voting for Sanders.

They do not want to live through that horror again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
A very good friend of mine was a Cuban Expat and absolutely hated Castro. Every year he went to Miami for a Cuban Expat get together.

He had no ill will to the U.S. after we left him on the beach during the Bay of Pigs and he spent several years in Cuban prison.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
A very good friend of mine was a Cuban Expat and absolutely hated Castro. Every year he went to Miami for a Cuban Expat get together.

He had no ill will to the U.S. after we left him on the beach during the Bay of Pigs and he spent several years in Cuban prison.

There were a bunch of company guys who didn't take so well to their friends being hung out to dry on that beach.  Ask John F. Kennedy about that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

I am really looking forward to wearing my Trump 2020 hat while I'm in Miami this coming September, especially while walking down Calle Ocho in Little Havana (while smoking a cigar, of course). 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bernie Sanders may have just lost Florida to President Trump
by Becket Adams
 | February 23, 2020 09:24 PM

The campaign to reelect President Trump is going to sleep a little easier tonight.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, who has cemented his position as the 2020 Democratic primary front-runner, is still defending Fidel Castro, claiming as recently as this weekend that the late communist tyrant was not all that bad. After all, the Vermont senator explained during a Sunday appearance on CBS’s 60 Minutes, the murderous Castro regime had literacy programs.

And just like that, Sanders has made winning Florida and its 29 electoral votes a whole lot more difficult for the Democratic Party. Anyone who knows anything about Florida politics knows you never, ever defend the regime responsible for why there are so many Cubans in the Sunshine State in the first place. Yet, here is Bernie Sanders, the man with the clearest path to the Democratic nomination, doing exactly that.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/bernie-sanders-may-have-just-lost-florida-to-president-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

A firmly anti communist stance used to be the key to winning FLA. Is it still that way? I though I read somewhere that was changing as the original wave of cuban refugees are fading away and their progeny are more left wing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sanders says 'it's unfair to simply say everything is bad' with Fidel Castro's Cuba
By Paul LeBlanc, CNN           Mon February 24, 2020

Washington (CNN)Sen. Bernie Sanders offered a partial defense of Fidel Castro's Cuban revolution, asserting that "It's unfair to simply say everything is bad" with the way the late despot ruled the country.

"We're very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba but you know, it's unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know?" Sanders said on CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview that aired Sunday. "When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?"

The comments -- which could prove to alienate some moderate Democrats as Sanders' chases the party's primary nomination -- came in response to a question about remarks Sanders had made in the 1980s assessing that the Cuban people didn't rise up against Castro because of education and healthcare.

Read more at: https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/23/politics/sanders-fidel-castro-cuba/index.html

He was on 60 minutes, the whole article is somewhat interesting.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
merging
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

A firmly anti communist stance used to be the key to winning FLA. Is it still that way? I though I read somewhere that was changing as the original wave of cuban refugees are fading away and their progeny are more left wing.

It’s not so much being pro or anti-communist versus being seen as complementary towards Fidel Castro brutal regime.
What do you think the reaction would be if Donald Trump said that is unfair to say everything was bad about slavery because they got housing and free healthcare?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"When Fidel Castro came into office,

Gee Bernie...could you have glossed over any more completely the bloody Cuban revolution that put Castro into power?

Sanders makes it sound like Castro just showed up on the political scene one day in Havana and won an election.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Gee Bernie...could you have glossed over any more completely the bloody Cuban revolution that put Castro into power?

Sanders makes it sound like Castro just showed up on the political scene one day in Havana and won an election.

And you must not forget about this part:

In the United States in May 1957, a pro-Communist named William Wieland won appointment as the head of the State Department’s Caribbean Desk. When U.S. Ambassador to Cuba Arthur Gardner warned his superiors (Wieland certainly included) that Castro was indeed a communist, he was speedily replaced and prevented from briefing his successor, Earl E.T. Smith. To put it mildly, that constituted a highly unusual break in policy. Instead, Wieland sent Smith to Herbert Matthews at the New York Times for his briefing and Matthews, who had already been heaping praises on Castro, assured the newly appointed ambassador that Castro was a trusted friend of freedom. Nevertheless, Smith learned the truth, reported what he learned to Washington, and was likewise replaced.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/opinion/item/24756-how-castro-seized-control-of-cuba

The United States Department of State was actively involved in aiding Castro with the takeover of Cuba.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And you must not forget about this part:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/reviews/opinion/item/24756-how-castro-seized-control-of-cuba

The United States Department of State was actively involved in aiding Castro with the takeover of Cuba.

More proof that McCarthy was right.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@skeeter

Tech tip. NEVER ask a Cuban if he is a Mexican.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

Tech tip. NEVER ask a Cuban if he is a Mexican.

I don't really have to worry about making this mistake where I live. Don't think I've ever met a cuban.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
More proof that McCarthy was right.

He (McCarthy) was entirely right and if you start connecting dots it leads to lots of answers. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't really have to worry about making this mistake where I live. Don't think I've ever met a cuban.

@skeeter

I haven't met more than a handful,but every one I met seemed to think they were the offspring of Spanish Dons,and America should be grateful to have them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!