Author Topic: Is Coffee Good for You? - NYT  (Read 488 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is Coffee Good for You? - NYT
« on: February 23, 2020, 09:58:42 pm »
Is Coffee Good for You?
Dawn MacKeen

Scam or not

Yes! But it depends on the kind of coffee and the quantity.

We’ve come a long way from the cans of Folgers that filled our grandparents’ cupboards, with our oat milk lattes, cold brews and Frappuccinos. Some of us are still very utilitarian about the drink while others perform elaborate rituals. The fourth most popular beverage in the country, coffee is steeped into our culture. Just the right amount can improve our mood; too much may make us feel anxious and jittery.

Is coffee good for me?

Yes.

In moderation, coffee seems to be good for most people — that’s 3 to 5 cups daily, or up to 400 milligrams of caffeine.

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/style/self-care/coffee-benefits.html?mc=contentTWdom&ad-keywords=auddevgate

Good article, it seems to say what coffees to drink and does one drink it black? Things like that.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Is Coffee Good for You? - NYT
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 10:09:27 pm »
I'm a definite Coffee Addict. I even had a co-worker tell me that they learned not to talk to me in the morning until after my second cup of joe.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 11:28:28 pm »
I'm a definite Coffee Addict. I even had a co-worker tell me that they learned not to talk to me in the morning until after my second cup of joe.

YES. It may or may not be good for me... But it's certainly good for everyone AROUND me...
 :coffee!: :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 11:46:07 pm »
YES. It may or may not be good for me... But it's certainly good for everyone AROUND me...
Exactly.

Don't mess with me before my first cup.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 02:14:53 am »
And tomorrow there will be some study saying coffee is evil and we shouldn't drink it. 

These so-called experts with their bogus studies don't know jack.  In my view no food or beverage is inherently good or bad for you unless you overdo it.  But who am I to say what constitutes overdoing it?

My father could down 20-30 cups of regular coffee a day.  My family had one of those 15 or so cup coffeemakers.  Dad could drain that thing in a few hours, then make a fresh batch.  If he had any left over, he would drink it the next day.  By then, the coffee looked like tar, but Dad would call it "aged" and claim that was when the coffee was at its best.  Yuck!  LOL

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 02:49:24 am »
When I was in the Navy, I had a shipmate that when we were in port would make sure the pot of coffee made in our 80 cup coffee maker on a Friday wasn't turned off. He lived on-board and would be drinking on that same batch of coffee that Sunday nite.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 12:27:37 pm »

:beer:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer