Author Topic: Trump furious Americans infected with coronavirus flew back to US without his permission: report  (Read 1334 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump furious Americans infected with coronavirus flew back to US without his permission: report

By Marisa Schultz | Fox News

President Trump was furious that 14 Americans infected with the coronavirus returned to the United States without his permission rather than remain in quarantine overseas, according to a new report.

Trump had been briefed that the healthy U.S. passengers who spent weeks quarantined aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan would be allowed to fly home on two chartered planes -- while those who were sick or infected would stay in Japan to prevent the spread of the deadly virus.

The president became "furious" with senior advisers after learning the 14 Americans who tested positive had been put on a plane with healthy passengers, according to The Washington Post. One official told the paper that the failure to inform Trump of the decision in advance of the plane's departure was a “big operational mistake.”

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-furious-americans-infected-with-coronavirus-flew-back-in-u-s-without-his-permission-report

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

1. In a major move like this, not informing the President was somewhere between grossly stupid and an attempt to sabotage efforts to prevent the spread of the virus.

2. "14 Americans who tested positive had been put on a plane with healthy passengers", to me, suggests an effort at sabotage, frankly. It fails the test of Hanlon's Razor by being insufficiently explained by stupidity, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Don't blame him at all. 1) Obviously he takes his role as Americans' top advocate seriously, and
2) the rats would love to hang an outbreak as a Katrina type catastrophe around his neck.

Offline mountaineer

Don't blame him at all. 1) Obviously he takes his role as Americans' top advocate seriously, and
2) the rats would love to hang an outbreak as a Katrina type catastrophe around his neck.
Your 2d point is key. You can bet the Dems are hoping for a major epidemic in this country.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Axeslinger

@skeeter
Agree and agree

I do wonder what the protocols dictate though.  It’s entirely conceivable that the protocols at this stage of an outbreak do not warrant notification to POTUS.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Absalom

A old Roman's adage (paraphrased) resonates loudly,"Infinitely better the leader be feared rather than loved."
After 3+ years, it's plain that Trump craves love (adulation, awe, flattery, praise) predictable of the narcissist.
Yet had he radiated fear in the heads/hearts of his adversaries, incidents like this would never have occurred.
Moreover, most of his enemies would have dashed for the exits the day he was elected.
As a result, much of the DC Swamp would have been drained on the day he walked into the WH.
Indeed Character (what you're made of) is your Destiny as Machiavelli well understood.

Offline skeeter

Your 2d point is key. You can bet the Dems are hoping for a major epidemic in this country.

I think they have proven themselves crazy enough to try.

@Axeslinger I dunno either, but I find it mystifying that anyone in an official capacity would take such action with such possibly dire consequences without thinking to advise the POTUS.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Can you think of a better way to stall the economy @mountaineer .....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Deep State remains alive and active.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What better way to infect a planeload of people or guarantee they need to be quarantined as well?
From https://www.askthepilot.com/questionanswers/cabin-air-quality/
Filthy, germ-laden, rotten, disgusting, wretched, skanky, rancid, putrid, fetid, and fart-filled are just a few of the adjectives used to describe cabin air, and legion are the accounts of flyers allegedly made ill by microscopic pathogens circulating throughout a plane. In reality, the air is very clean.

On all modern aircraft, passengers and crew breathe a mixture of fresh and recirculated air. Using this combination rather than fresh air only makes it easier to regulate temperature and helps maintain a bit of humidity (more on the humidity in a moment). The supply is bled from the compressor sections of the engines. Compressed air is very hot, but the compressors only compress; there is no contact with combustion gasses. From there it is plumbed into air conditioning units for cooling. It’s then ducted into the cabin through louvers, vents, and the eyeball gaspers above your seat. The AC units are known to pilots as “packs.” That’s an acronym for pneumatic air cycle kit. Usually there are two per plane.

The air circulates until eventually it is drawn into the lower fuselage, where about half of it is vented overboard—sucked out by the pressurization outflow valve. The remaining portion is remixed with a fresh supply from the engines and run through filters, and the cycle begins again.

Studies have shown that a crowded airplane is no more germ-laden than other enclosed spaces—and usually less. Those underfloor filters are described by manufacturers as being of hospital quality. I needn’t be reminded that hospitals are notorious viral incubators, but Boeing says that between 94 and 99.9 percent of airborne microbes are captured, and there’s a total changeover of air every two or three minutes — far more frequently than occurs in offices, movie theaters, or classrooms.

It's hard to board without touching the surfaces in the plane, and those could, considering most folks board in a short time, be all that is needed to transfer the virus.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 01:03:00 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/02/22/costa-mesa-coronavirus/

Federal Judge Allows Costa Mesa To Block Transfer Of Up To 50 Coronavirus Patients To City
February 22, 2020 at 2:38 pm

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mortarman

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/02/22/costa-mesa-coronavirus/

Federal Judge Allows Costa Mesa To Block Transfer Of Up To 50 Coronavirus Patients To City
February 22, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Yet I'll bet that same Federal judge (prolly a Sock Monkey appointee) would block invasive species deportation.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline dfwgator

"Never let a crisis go to waste."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A old Roman's adage (paraphrased) resonates loudly,"Infinitely better the leader be feared rather than loved."
After 3+ years, it's plain that Trump craves love (adulation, awe, flattery, praise) predictable of the narcissist.
Yet had he radiated fear in the heads/hearts of his adversaries, incidents like this would never have occurred.
Moreover, most of his enemies would have dashed for the exits the day he was elected.
As a result, much of the DC Swamp would have been drained on the day he walked into the WH.
Indeed Character (what you're made of) is your Destiny as Machiavelli well understood.

Swell.  Another remote Psychological Pathologist.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I am furious at Trump.... just what kind of circus boat operation is he running, now they are moving a boat load of folks like this 60 miles from me... Get on top of this damit Trump... assign some dang competent folks to keep a better eye... I am freaking ticked...

How the hell do you not know this was happening.... Dang you Trump, get your thumb out of your butt!

https://www.al.com/news/2020/02/evacuated-passengers-under-coronavirus-quarantine-being-moved-to-alabama-site.html
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The people who misled him on this need to be fired, and preferably jailed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

State Department Employee in Japan Ignored President Trump’s Orders and Allowed Americans with Coronavirus to Fly Back to the US
 by Joe Hoft
 February 22, 2020

President Trump is reportedly furious after a State Department underling in Japan ignored the President’s orders and allowed Americans, sick with the coronavirus, to return to the US from Japan.  Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, appears to feel he was right in overriding the President’s directives.

Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, in Japan has worked in the State Department for years.  ... Gateway Pundit

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

State Department Employee in Japan Ignored President Trump’s Orders and Allowed Americans with Coronavirus to Fly Back to the US
 by Joe Hoft
 February 22, 2020

President Trump is reportedly furious after a State Department underling in Japan ignored the President’s orders and allowed Americans, sick with the coronavirus, to return to the US from Japan.  Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, appears to feel he was right in overriding the President’s directives.

Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, in Japan has worked in the State Department for years.  ... Gateway Pundit
I wonder when Trump will fire him and force him to fly home with the next batch of infected people?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

I wonder when Trump will fire him and force him to fly home with the next batch of infected people?
:yowsa:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Works for me!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Station him in Wuhan. I hear Hubei Province is lovely, especially this time of the year.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

aka 'the paradox" of the sick NT-TDS shrinks

You can decide to listen to fake deacons, Dr. Bandy Lee, or to Dr. Newt Gingrich, Dr. Victor Davis Hanson.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

-------------------------------
Medicine ain't necessary, just plain sense.
The original quote appears in "The Prince."

Offline verga

Better yet require him to be in quarantine with them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed posted:
"Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, in Japan has worked in the State Department for years..."

Hmmm....
I wonder which administration appointed this guy?
And if that was fundamental in Mr. Brownlee's decision to ignore Mr. Trump's instructions...?