Author Topic: BREAKING: Update on HarveyWeinstein trial..updated  (Read 1189 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: BREAKING: Update on HarveyWeinstein trial..updated
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 10:03:05 pm »
The judge had him immediately jailed. Go to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

:pop41:

So can he file to have bail reinstated, and to be out pending appeal?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 10:56:19 pm »
So can he file to have bail reinstated, and to be out pending appeal?

No need.  He's convicted now, so no bail pending any appeals.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2020, 11:12:31 pm »
I do feel sympathy for most of these women, but there is a small percentage of them that knew exactly what they were doing. When you continue in that type of relationship to get a job, you have made a conscience decision to sell your body for "X" amount of dollars. You don't get to scream later.

I was wondering how many of these claims against Weinstein were for real and how many were women piling on because they wanted an easy payday.  Sounds like the jury carefully considered the witnesses and testimony and did not allow the MeToos to compel them to convict across the board just because the "victims" were women and they said they were raped.  it's not that I think Weinstein is an innocent.  Far from it.  But I also did not want to see him convicted of charges that were made up. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 11:13:47 pm »
I was wondering how many of these claims against Weinstein were for real and how many were women piling on because they wanted an easy payday.  Sounds like the jury carefully considered the witnesses and testimony and did not allow the MeToos to compel them to convict across the board just because the "victims" were women and they said they were raped.  it's not that I think Weinstein is an innocent.  Far from it.  But I also did not want to see him convicted of charges that were made up.

Very good points.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2020, 11:28:16 pm »
I do feel sympathy for most of these women, but there is a small percentage of them that knew exactly what they were doing. When you continue in that type of relationship to get a job, you have made a conscience decision to sell your body for "X" amount of dollars. You don't get to scream later.

I find it hard to be sympathetic at all - The casting couch is an almost legendary caution to women... I find it hard to believe they didn't know exactly what was coming.

Not to sanction what he did, but neither can I hold the 'victim' blameless.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2020, 11:57:32 pm »
I find it hard to be sympathetic at all - The casting couch is an almost legendary caution to women... I find it hard to believe they didn't know exactly what was coming.

Not to sanction what he did, but neither can I hold the 'victim' blameless.

On at least a few occasions their mothers encouraged it.

I hold them equally, or even more responsible than their ambitious daughters.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2020, 02:13:57 am »
Does this mean he can go back to being a major Dem donor?
If he doesn't suddenly get all despondent and stuff....(What does he have on Hillary?) :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2020, 02:38:35 am »
If he doesn't suddenly get all despondent and stuff....(What does he have on Hillary?) :whistle:

He was a big donor to the Pantsuit Assassin's 2008 an' 2016 campaigns. Of course he didn't own an island or flew Bubba the Rapist around so he jus' might not feel Arkancidal like Epstein, Foster or Rich. Butt then againwho knows how close he really was to the inner circle of the Chappaquaw Crime Cartel.

:pop41:

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2020, 11:02:37 am »
Harvey Weinstein Avoids Jail After Being Hospitalized For 'Heart Palpitations'

After being found guilty of third-degree rape and first-degree criminal sexual acts by a New York jury, disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein has managed to evade jail for now because he was taken to a hospital in Manhattan after the trial’s verdict.

According to Page Six, the 67-year-old producer was taken to Manhattan’s Bellevue Hospital Center after complaining of chest pains and heart palpitations, as per his representative. The representative also noted that the visit to the hospital was just a “precautionary measure” before he could be taken to jail.

But it seems that the producer is doing anything he can to save himself from serving time. The publication revealed that Weinstein seemed to be faking his ailments a little bit, so that he could get some time to stay away from jail. However, he has been seen walking with the help of a walker since the trial began in January.

https://www.ibtimes.com/harvey-weinstein-avoids-jail-after-being-hospitalized-heart-palpitations-2928315

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2020, 11:41:48 am »

There was a woman who lived in our apartment about a year ago. She was striking
and I found myself watching her. I am human.

I made friends with her and gave her a couple of books. She had been trying to make
it in Hollywood. Nothing much after an investment of time. I asked her about her
talent. She told me that her talent was her looks. Seems that she walked away instead
of being passed around. I didn't ask her any followup questions.

Toward the end of summer she was engaged and looking forward to a new life. She moved
away and I lost track of her. To a good and normal life.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2020, 01:58:04 pm »
Reminds me that the stunningly beautiful Maureen O’Hara wrote that she lost multiple film roles because she wouldn’t sleep with the producers.

Morality in Hollywood is possible, but at a cost.

It’s a vile place, which is why the Harvey Weinstein’s get away with rape for so long.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Applewood

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2020, 02:16:11 pm »
Reminds me that the stunningly beautiful Maureen O’Hara wrote that she lost multiple film roles because she wouldn’t sleep with the producers.

Morality in Hollywood is possible, but at a cost.

It’s a vile place, which is why the Harvey Weinstein’s get away with rape for so long.

Weinstein and others got away with it for so long because for the most part these women were willing to go along with the assaults to get those parts.  Yes, I'm sure many years ago, if a woman complained, she likely would not have been believed, or maybe she would have been paid off.  But in more recent times, the "you must have asked for it" attitude of law enforcement disappeared.  Should not have taken to the 2000s for women to finally assert themselves.

BTW, bravo to Miss O'Hara for saying no.  She was an excellent actress and a classy lady.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2020, 02:33:29 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2020, 02:50:48 pm »
Weinstein and others got away with it for so long because for the most part these women were willing to go along with the assaults to get those parts.  Yes, I'm sure many years ago, if a woman complained, she likely would not have been believed, or maybe she would have been paid off.  But in more recent times, the "you must have asked for it" attitude of law enforcement disappeared.  Should not have taken to the 2000s for women to finally assert themselves.

BTW, bravo to Miss O'Hara for saying no.  She was an excellent actress and a classy lady.

And this was in the 1940's when very few women had the courage to stand up for themselves against male predators.  (Not that enough do now).

I've always liked her as an actress, but when I read her statement (written at the time - 1945 - and not years later), my admiration for her increased.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053871/How-Maureen-O-Hara-called-Hollywood-sexism-1945.html