Author Topic: Fox's Henry, Regan defend Cavuto after Trump attacks: 'Outstanding man, outstanding journalist'  (Read 4055 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then you should be over-the-moon with admiration for the President @Cyber Liberty

Except for the fact that I don't go "over-the-moon" for any politician. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Axeslinger

OK thats fine. But I wonder if it's just a few 'sycophants' to which you and a few others often refer - why bother mentioning them at all? Or if you do, call em out by name.
@skeeter
I’m pretty sure they know who they are...and in deference to Myst, we’re not supposed to lambast particular members...it’s the only way I’ve found to keep my sanity...intellectual dishonesty really pisses me off.  Having a conversation with someone with no intellectual honesty is worse then pointless...it’s like playing chess with a pigeon:

“Never play chess with a pigeon.

The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over.

Then shits all over the board.

Then struts around like it won.”

Except in this case the pigeon also accuses us of being traitors and helping elect Democrats
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:12:40 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@skeeter
I’m pretty sure they know who they are...and in deference to Myst, we’re not supposed to lambast particular members...it’s the only way I’ve found to keep my sanity...intellectual dishonesty really pisses me off.  Having a conversation with someone with no intellectual honesty is worse then pointless it’s like playing chess with a pigeon:

Then the pigeon tracks poop all over the Forum.... :whistle:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Except for the fact that I don't go "over-the-moon" for any politician. :shrug:

Fair enough.  But try not to miss the President's humor, both self-depreciating and otherwise.  It's one of the reasons he's able to hold the attention of 10s of thousands of people live and in person and watching through the wonderful world of electronics for a two hour speech.

It's also why no one else can duplicate this.  @Cyber Liberty

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
I’m pretty sure they know who they are...and in deference to Myst, we’re not supposed to lambast particular members...it’s the only way I’ve found to keep my sanity...intellectual dishonesty really pisses me off.  Having a conversation with someone with no intellectual honesty is worse then pointless...it’s like playing chess with a pigeon:

Except in this case the pigeon also accuses us of being traitors and helping elect Democrats

The thing I've found fundamental to political arguments, or almost any kind of disagreement, is both sides see the other side having exactly the same faults.

Understanding this makes debating alot less aggravating, if not therapeutic. It even makes the chances of reaching an accord a bit easier.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:33:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline Axeslinger

The really frustrating thing I've found in political arguments is both sides see the other side having exactly the same faults.

Understanding this makes debating alot less aggravating, if not therapeutic.
@skeeter

Two things:
1). Calling a conservative (on a conservative board) a traitor is about as vile a slur as can be uttered.  Call me a motherf$&@er and that rolls off like water off a ducks ass. Call me a traitor to the country I served?  Let’s just say that face to face it would only happen once.

2) Here’s the thing about intellectual honesty or the lack thereof.  If in the course of disagreeing about something related to trump, I say, “give me an example of a time where you didn’t agree with something he’s done”.  If you do so, i now know we are capable of having an honest conversation.  I can say “yep that was stupid” or “no I actually agree with him there”. Conversely, if you are unable to cite a single instance of disagreement with him, I now know that we are incapable of having an HONEST conversation.  Because that makes you either a liar or a moron...because the ONLY person on earth we agree with 100% of the time is ourselves and half the time that’s even touch and go.

Cheers skeeter
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:57:42 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

We are 3-years into Trump’s presidency and 10 months from re-election day. I think everyone here can safely assume I’ve decided for whom I’ll be voting. So I don’t see any point in beginning every conversation about Trump by first criticizing him. I don’t play that idiotic game of bad mouthing him first as though to distance myself from my vote for him.

Okay, I’ll give you this. There are lots of things Trump says where I think to myself, Gee, I would have said that differently. But, I’m not the president and he’s the guy who defied all odds, won the presidency, beat a deep state/media cabal, survived an impeachment and is out-performing a score of presidents that came before him.

Given all that, I don’t think I’m qualified to tell him how he should speak, when he should speak, what he should or shouldn’t have said.

You have to know where I’m going with this. He’s the billionaire patriot guy winning in Washington, DC building up the economy and securing the border, and I’m the semi retired chiropractor with a keyboard.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:27:36 pm by aligncare »

Offline corbe

@skeeter

Fear not, that label is reserved for a very select few who do not have the intellectual honesty to identify ANYTHING...EVER... that Trump has done wrong.  If they have no intellectual honesty, I will mock them because all they are is fawning sycophants.   Also, please note, I intentionally try not to ID by name who falls into that category...I’d rather let them self identify.  So...unless you’re a fawning sycophant...it’s all good.

pointing-up
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

I wouldn't know. 

But I am still so curious why you become so unhinged by supporters of the President.  If you believed a fraction of what you say about us, you'd flick us off like a piece of lint and move on.  Yet you're unable to do this.

Your posts are quite a fascinating example of contradiction.
@Right_in_Virginia
You’re more likely to get a reply if you actually ping me.

The answer to your question can be found in my last two posts to skeeter above.

Offline musiclady

So is adoration.

Besides which, there is no hatred in any of my statements here, nor is there hatred in my heart.

RiV knows that (somewhere in the depths of her being), but it's much easier to accuse a person of hate than to debate rational points.

Name calling is the easy way out and avoids the necessity of debating logical points logically.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So is adoration.

When discussing politicians, I neither "adore" or "abhor" any of them, that's a level of investment I refuse to make.  I either "support," or "oppose," or haven't decided yet.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

We are 3-years into Trump’s presidency and 10 months from re-election day. I think everyone here can safely assume I’ve decided for whom I’ll be voting. So I don’t see any point in beginning every conversation about Trump by first criticizing him. I don’t play that idiotic game of bad mouthing him first as though to distance myself from my vote for him.

Okay, I’ll give you this. There are lots of things Trump says where I think to myself, Gee, I would have said that differently. But, I’m not the president and he’s the guy who defied all odds, won the presidency, beat a deep state/media cabal, survived an impeachment and is out-performing a score of presidents that came before him.

Given all that, I don’t think I’m qualified to tell him how he should speak, when he should speak, what he should or shouldn’t have said.

You have to know where I’m going with this. He’s the billionaire patriot guy winning in Washington, DC building up the economy and securing the border, and I’m a semi retired chiropractor with a keyboard.
@aligncare

Fair enough (and thoughtfully so).  The problem arises when you operate from the position that everyone should be constrained by your rules too.  I didn’t vote for him last time.  I thought he was a reprobate con man who would be a blight on conservatism.  I’ve been extremely happy with being very wrong.   And I will happily vote for him this time around.   But I’m still going to criticize him when he does something stupid...and he does inflict a fair number of unnecessary self-inflicted wounds.   There are others on this board whose morals and principles may not ever allow them to get to the point of endorsing him with their sacred vote.   That does not make our 95% ally a “traitor” who is helping elect Democrats.

Offline musiclady

When discussing politicians, I neither "adore" or "abhor" any of them, that's a level of investment I refuse to make.  I either "support," or "oppose," or haven't decided yet.   :shrug:

I had a real hard time not hating Obama (still do), but I believe it is wrong to hate another person (their sin, their behavior, yes, but them, no), so I work hard and pray not to hate even our political enemies.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Axeslinger

I had a real hard time not hating Obama (still do), but I believe it is wrong to hate another person (their sin, their behavior, yes, but them, no), so I work hard and pray not to hate even our political enemies.
Ok nope...draw the line there.  I hate that sonofabitch

Offline corbe

Just as there are a few #Nevers here that dislike the Man no matter what, there are a few Trumpers that Love him~even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue, like he said.
   So be it. 
   Overall, IMHO, it's a nice balance of Sociopaths Myst allows in her backyard to play and I'm glad yall allow me to be a part of it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

Ok nope...draw the line there.  I hate that sonofabitch

Understandably so.

And you have a lot of company.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I split that baby by hating what O'Bastard did to the country, and the fact he got enough votes to do so, rather than hating the man and the voters.  Maybe it's just semantics.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

Just as there are a few #Nevers here that dislike the Man no matter what, there are a few Trumpers that Love him~even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue, like he said.
   So be it. 
   Overall, IMHO, it's a nice balance of Sociopaths Myst allows in her backyard to play and I'm glad yall allow me to be a part of it.

Agree...mostly.

I’m also appreciative that thus far, we’ve had a civil conversation about what is typically the most contentious subject here.  I’m fairly sure I know why that is...but I’ll keep that to myself for now.

And who you calling a sociopath ya damn psycho @corbe !
 :beer:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:04:41 pm by Axeslinger »

Offline musiclady

I split that baby by hating what O'Bastard did to the country, and the fact he got enough votes to do so, rather than hating the man and the voters.  Maybe it's just semantics.

Maybe, but I find that if I continue to try at least to hate the deeds and not the person, it's better for my conscience.

Truthfully, I have an even harder time with Hillary........

But hate Trump (which was the accusation made on this very thread)??  Not even close.

@Right_in_Virginia
You’re more likely to get a reply if you actually ping me.

The answer to your question can be found in my last two posts to skeeter above.

Thanks @Axeslinger  I'll track them down when I have the time.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe, but I find that if I continue to try at least to hate the deeds and not the person, it's better for my conscience.

Truthfully, I have an even harder time with Hillary........

But hate Trump (which was the accusation made on this very thread)??  Not even close.

You're better at it than I, @musiclady.  Sometimes I honor that in the breach. 333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I spent 40+ years working within the bowels of the Republican Party and see this thread as a perfect illustration of why we NEVER get very far.  Everyone wants to get to the same place but we spend ALL of our time arguing amongst ourselves about which damned car to ride in! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I spent 40+ years working within the bowels of the Republican Party and see this thread as a perfect illustration of why we NEVER get very far.  Everyone wants to get to the same place but we spend ALL of our time arguing amongst ourselves about which damned car to ride in!
pointing-up

A little while ago some smartass infobabe on CNN was interviewing a small group of women who support the President.  This babe was getting nowhere with them and fast.  So she turned to the question she was sure would corner them into saying something against the President.

With a smirk she leaned in and said  "The President has said he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose his supporters.  So, my question to all of you is:  Would you still support him if the President shot someone on Fifth Avenue?"  And the spontaneous and unanimous answer smacked her between the eyes with the force of a slingshot.  "Why did he shoot the person?".

And this is the essence of the difference between supporters of the President and the anti's @corbe .  My first move would be to ask why and theirs would be to condemn him AND me. 

Nothing this side of Paradise is going to change this.

c'est la vie   :shrug:

Offline aligncare

...especially when that car is already on the track and racing at 280 mile an hour towards the finish line!