Author Topic: Biden Doesn't Seem to Have High Hopes For South Carolina  (Read 927 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Doesn't Seem to Have High Hopes For South Carolina
« on: February 20, 2020, 04:01:20 pm »
Biden Doesn't Seem to Have High Hopes For South Carolina
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 8:30 AM

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden left New Hampshire early to avoid facing his devastating fifth-place primary finish in person, and headed to South Carolina, which was believed to be much friendlier ground. But now it appears the former vice president may not be very confident he’ll win.

MSNBC’s Brian Williams asked Biden after Wednesday’s Democratic debate in Las Vegas how he will do in South Carolina and if there’s “any other place but first for you there?”

"I think that we're gonna see that I do very well there," he responded. "Whether I have to be No. 1, that remains to be seen because we go right into Super Tuesday.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/02/20/biden-doesnt-look-like-he-has-high-hopes-for-south-carolina-n2561607
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Biden Doesn't Seem to Have High Hopes For South Carolina
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:50:34 pm »
If Biteme gets beaten in SC, you can stick a fork in him, he's toast.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:55:42 pm »
If Biteme gets beaten in SC, you can stick a fork in him, he's toast.

Biden has been toast since 1988.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 06:58:26 pm »
Biden has been toast since 1988.

QFT.  He's just the last to know.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 07:03:52 pm »
Does he even know where it is?

Let's put it this way. He was picked to be Bathhouse Barry's VP running mate because he was stupider than Barry,and no danger to his rule.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 07:04:18 pm »
Biden doesn't seem to know what day it is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 07:27:12 pm »
Biden doesn't seem to know what day it is.

In all honesty, I need one of these to keep that straight, now that I'm retired...

I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 09:50:19 pm »
In all honesty, I need one of these to keep that straight, now that I'm retired...

Retired as well, I could use one of those. Right now mine says Saturday/Sunday/Saturday/Sunday. happy77

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 09:55:20 pm »

Retired as well, I could use one of those. Right now mine says Saturday/Sunday/Saturday/Sunday. happy77

Mine as well, but I found it necessary to know when other people have to work to support me...  :laugh:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Biden's lead in South Carolina drops to 5 points
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 10:15:58 pm »
By Max Greenwood - 02/20/20 04:59 PM EST

Joe Biden’s once-outsize lead in the South Carolina Democratic presidential primary has narrowed to 5 points, according to a new Winthrop University poll, a sign of rising trouble for the former vice president in a state that his campaign has long considered a political firewall.

The poll still shows Biden leading the pack with 24 percent support among likely South Carolina primary voters. But that represents a significant decrease from a similar Winthrop University poll from September that showed the former vice president with a 20-point advantage in the state.

The latest poll also shows a surge for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who has gained considerable momentum since notching top finishes in the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary earlier this month.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483939-poll-bidens-lead-in-south-carolina-drops-to-5-points
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 10:44:44 pm »
The funniest part of retirement other than having to specifically check to know what day it is, is when Holidays come round and it is meaningless to me. Everyone was going on and on about how great it will be having President's Day off. LOL
For me it was just another Monday.

When I first retired I could physically feel laying in bed late on a Wednesday. It physically made me happy to listen to the garbage trucks going by and the landscapers working. But now after a few years, I've lost the thrill. It has become a normal state of being for me. Nothing special.

Sometimes I look in the closets at all my dry cleaned suits lined up and remember how it was day to day. I am happier now than I have ever been. These truly are the best years of my life. Never been more relaxed. Never been happier.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

Re: Poll: Biden's lead in South Carolina drops to 5 points
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 11:09:36 pm »

Joe Biden’s once-outsize lead in the South Carolina Democratic presidential primary has narrowed to 5 points, according to a new Winthrop University poll, a sign of rising trouble for the former vice president in a state that his campaign has long considered a political firewall.

The poll still shows Biden leading the pack with 24 percent support among likely South Carolina primary voters. But that represents a significant decrease from a similar Winthrop University poll from September that showed the former vice president with a 20-point advantage in the state.

The latest poll also shows a surge for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who has gained considerable momentum since notching top finishes in the Iowa caucuses and New Hampshire primary earlier this month.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483939-poll-bidens-lead-in-south-carolina-drops-to-5-points

Biden will be lucky to finish ahead of Klobuchar.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 02:01:01 am »

@mystery-ak

No big surprise,there. The typical Dim voter in SC is a minority that wants to be a professional government pet,so why WOULDN'T they go for an actual communist instead of some old senile white guy that steals and doesn't share the money?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 02:04:18 am »

Sometimes I look in the closets at all my dry cleaned suits lined up and remember how it was day to day. I am happier now than I have ever been. These truly are the best years of my life. Never been more relaxed. Never been happier.

@240B

You are very lucky,and I am happy for  you. I have seen too many people who were looking forward to being retired,and it turned out to be the worse thing that ever happened to them. They were so "identified" with their jobs they might as well have been cogs in a machine,and retirement became a nightmare for them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 02:07:06 am »
Biden will be lucky to finish ahead of Klobuchar.

@Hoodat

I wonder who is going to be picked to be the one that has to explain to him that he lost,he no longer holds pubic office,and the carousel has now stopped for  him,and he's never going to get another ride.

Somebody let me know of they start selling tickets. I would  LOVE to be the one to gently break the bad news to him.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2020, 02:19:10 am »
Realclearpolitics has Biden up about 3.7 right now. Not very much.
Joe will probably squeak by in S.C.
"Gee, I finally WON one!"

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 03:59:53 am »
@240B

You are very lucky,and I am happy for  you. I have seen too many people who were looking forward to being retired,and it turned out to be the worse thing that ever happened to them. They were so "identified" with their jobs they might as well have been cogs in a machine,and retirement became a nightmare for them.
@sneakypete
I know the type. These are people interested in power and dominance. And as you say, they define their self-worth by their job and title. The best example of this is politicians who literally stay in office until they are dead. People work 20-30 years to get to a certain status and position and then suddenly it is all just gone. They suddenly become just another old man walking around Home Depot because they have nothing better to do.

To each his own, but if I had to still go to work when I am 80 or 90 years old to me that would mean I made some poor life choices. But politicians view it with pride for some reason and then go up for reelection? Very different viewpoints on what life is about. It's not for me. I work to live, not live to work. To me retirement is the ultimate success, not some job title. Leave that to the young viril guys who still have something to prove. I did mine. I fought in the workplace jungles and won. Now let's see how the younger people manage to get through it. If they get through it.

I'm much happier doing what I want to do, when I want to do it, and taking it easy.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 04:01:32 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 04:23:08 am »
@sneakypete
I know the type. These are people interested in power and dominance. And as you say, they define their self-worth by their job and title. The best example of this is politicians who literally stay in office until they are dead. People work 20-30 years to get to a certain status and position and then suddenly it is all just gone. They suddenly become just another old man walking around Home Depot because they have nothing better to do.

I'm much happier doing what I want to do, when I want to do it, and taking it easy.

@240B

I am sure you are right for many people,but there are others who just flat love working,and are lost without something to do. My father was that  way.
Even after he officially "retired" when he went on SS because 62 is too old to be swinging a hammer with the 20 year olds,putting on roofs,etc,etc,etc.
He still kept busy for a few years building boats to sell,raising goats,trapping,etc,etc,etc,but then he started having heart attacks,and spent the last couple of years sitting inside a house and bored out of his mind.

I thought I would handle retirement well when I was working,but after finally getting a good-paying job with paid vacation time,I finally had so many retirement days on the books they told me I either took some vacation time or lose it,so I took two weeks,

By the second week I was looking in the help wanted adds to try to pick up a part-time laborer job for a week so I would have something to do.

When I was forced into retirement a few years later due to Agent Orange deciding to pay me a visit again,I thought I was going to go nuts. Remember,this was back in the stone age before computers,sat dishes,etc,etc,etc. My tv had the ability to pick up 4 channels,and I had no interest in watching most of what came on any of them.

So I had a 1800 sq ft workshop put up,and started buying beater antique cars and tools. Not much danger of me running out of stuff to do anymore. Getting ready to put my 37 Dodge 1 ton 4X4 up for sale this spring,and will use that money to get my shop sprayed with insulation so I can keep it cool enough in the summer and warm enough in the winter to stand working in there. Been having to work nights in the summer and days on the warmer winter days,but that's frustrating. Especially since I now have a 10x20 "office" built inside with wi fi,tv,computer,refrigerator,microwave,hammock,toilet,and a handicapped shower with hot water. Truth to tell,I like it better out there than I do in the house.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 10:21:35 am »
@sneakypete

I understand you and your dad. My dad got early retirement in his 50s from the job he had since he was 19 or 20. The first couple weeks were fine, then he got really bored. He even started watching “General Hospital” with my sister when she came home from school.

He learned to cook which was nice, but after summer vacation he got a part time job which he kept until he was 69 I think. He’d work eight months a year, then off for four. It suited him.

The only bad thing was when he retired permanently the second time, he made my mom retire as well so they could do things together. She still wanted to work full time. But in the end, it gave them a lot more time together.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️