Author Topic: Pilots' skill captured as they land A380 plane sideways in Storm Dennis at Heathrow  (Read 474 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Pilots' skill captured as they land A380 plane sideways in Storm Dennis at Heathrow
Footage showed the Etihad plane landing sideways as Storm Dennis hit the UK.
Alix Culbertson, news reporter

News reporter @alixculbertson

Sunday 16 February 2020 18:17, UK

The skill of two pilots was captured on video as they landed the world's largest passenger plane sideways while battling heavy crosswinds at Heathrow Airport.

The Etihad Airbus A380, which is flown by two people, can be seen seeming to hover metres above the tarmac as it attempted to touchdown on Saturday during Storm Dennis.

Gusts of up to 50mph were recorded at London's main airport on Saturday as the fourth named storm of the season hit just days after Storm Ciara.

video at link
https://news.sky.com/story/pilots-skill-captured-as-they-land-a380-plane-sideways-in-storm-dennis-at-heathrow-11935729?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

That stuff just scares the bejeepers out of me. If you want to rethink future flight plans, watch a few videos at Flight Channel's YouTube.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Me and my brother were flying into JFK from London. The pilot came on and said there was a bad storm over NYC. On his third attempt we were way low. I had a window seat and was watching the runway lights alongside. A gust hit us and those lights disappeared UNDER us.

We went to Philly instead.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Me and my brother were flying into JFK from London. The pilot came on and said there was a bad storm over NYC. On his third attempt we were way low. I had a window seat and was watching the runway lights alongside. A gust hit us and those lights disappeared UNDER us.

We went to Philly instead.

It's fortunate you had the fuel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It's fortunate you had the fuel.

That IS what he said. And why he made three attempts in such crappy weather.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A friend finally did his solo, the weather people screwed up, and he had to land in a 40 kt crosswind. After four tries, he finally got down, and never flew again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

All landing gear on the B-52 can be turned to compensate for crosswinds.  This clip show the pilot demonstrating...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1