Author Topic: Sessions in close race for Alabama GOP Senate nomination: poll  (Read 2485 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sessions in close race for Alabama GOP Senate nomination: poll
« on: February 13, 2020, 03:04:29 am »
By J. Edward Moreno - 02/12/20 09:02 PM EST

A new poll shows a tight race between Republicans seeking to unseat Sen. Doug Jones (D-Alabama).

The poll from Mason-Dixon Polling and Strategy published in the Alabama Daily News shows former Attorney General Jeff Sessions at 31 percent followed by former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville at 29 percent and Congressman Bradley Byrne at 17 percent. Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, who Jones beat in 2018, polled at 5 percent.

“Sessions is facing a much tougher fight to win the Republican nomination than most political insiders likely anticipated,” Brad Coker of Mason-Dixon Polling and Strategy told the Daily News.
The poll also showed Jones trailing Sessions, Tuberville and Byrne in hypothetical head-to-head matchups.

In the hypothetical general election matchups, Sessions beats Jones by 13 percentage points, while Tuberville and Byrne outpace Jones by 8 and 9 percent, respectively.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482870-sessions-in-close-race-for-alabama-gop-senate-nomination-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Sessions in close race for Alabama GOP Senate nomination: poll
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:18:06 am »
By J. Edward Moreno - 02/12/20 09:02 PM EST

A new poll shows a tight race between Republicans seeking to unseat Sen. Doug Jones (D-Alabama).

The poll from Mason-Dixon Polling and Strategy published in the Alabama Daily News shows former Attorney General Jeff Sessions at 31 percent followed by former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville at 29 percent and Congressman Bradley Byrne at 17 percent. Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, who Jones beat in 2018, polled at 5 percent.

“Sessions is facing a much tougher fight to win the Republican nomination than most political insiders likely anticipated,” Brad Coker of Mason-Dixon Polling and Strategy told the Daily News.
The poll also showed Jones trailing Sessions, Tuberville and Byrne in hypothetical head-to-head matchups.

In the hypothetical general election matchups, Sessions beats Jones by 13 percentage points, while Tuberville and Byrne outpace Jones by 8 and 9 percent, respectively.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482870-sessions-in-close-race-for-alabama-gop-senate-nomination-poll

Thank goodness Moore is at 5%....Alabamans have finally woken up to that monumental, and creepy, mistake.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 03:22:04 am »
Is Trump supporting him?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 03:32:26 am »

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 03:33:09 am »
Thank goodness Moore is at 5%....Alabamans have finally woken up to that monumental, and creepy, mistake.

:thumbsup:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2020, 04:28:17 am »
Alabama Daily News seems to be a one person run website ran by Todd C. Stacy who used to work for various conservatives as a communication director. The poller, Mason-Dixon Polling and Research is a fellow named Brad Coker which does some shotty polling, but if you are looking for results you want, seems to be your go to guy.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/national/tampa-bay-timesbay-news-9-poll-i-4-voters-back-romney-51-45/1258459/
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 04:44:53 am »

Nancy would be proud of you (wrap up smear). Name one position of Moore's that isn't the most conservative Constitutional correct one in the field. Name one so-called "creepy" thing that is backed by actual proof of it happening? I don't carry water for the enemy if I can help it.

Pick a topic... Red Flag Laws... Abortion ... Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)... Drugs .... Federal seizures ...  10th Amendment ... Illegal Immigration .... and post your Alabama candidate's position.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 04:55:57 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 05:09:15 am »
Nancy would be proud of you (wrap up smear). Name one position of Moore's that isn't the most conservative Constitutional correct one in the field. Name one so-called "creepy" thing that is backed by actual proof of it happening? I don't carry water for the enemy if I can help it.

Pick a topic... Red Flag Laws... Abortion ... Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)... Drugs .... Federal seizures ...  10th Amendment ... Illegal Immigration .... and post your Alabama candidate's position.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Really kind of sad that people still fall for the smears that were started by former Obama operatives that turned out to be entirely false.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 05:22:21 am »
Google it.
Is Trump supporting him?

Is Trump supporting Sessions... No... neither he or his son... and both have jabbed at Sessions with pointed sticks but seem to be shutting up lately cause Sessions is still liked in state... all the candidates seem to have their lips securely attached with superglue to Trump's bottom (even Moore for the most part has not said anything against him). Tubberville has no record to run on, and seems to just make up his position out of thin air (he is for the 2nd Amendment, cause he likes to hunt is the same thing Doug Jones said)... When pressed on issues Tubberville seems like too little butter spread over to much toast. He seems out of his league when he goes negative, cause it is not his nature, but polling I guess suggested he go that route and it seems to have backfired. He is very likeable when not acting as a politician.

Bradley Byrne is the good ole RINO in the group, he will fit in nicely as a do nothing in congress that plays golf with the rest of the do nothings. Probable he and @Right_in_Virginia would be in good company. His strength seems to center more in the southern half of the state where he has deep roots.

Jeff Sessions is a good 80-85% conservative. For the most part he is a nice fellow that takes a hit and doesn't punch back without prudence to think things over. He can play the game well with various factions (something that he does have over Roy Moore)... It would be interesting to see if he was elected if he would poke back at Trump in some manner since he was unfairly mocked and remocked.

Roy Moore is just the 97% Conservative Christian that gets hated upon. He doesn't bend and doesn't mince words. He shares one quality with Sessions, he takes his time to respond (thinking over his options but in relation to constitutional standings). Not a quick witty retorter for the most part, just dead serious in his mission. I liked that he does take time to talk to folks honestly like he did me at several Tea Party meetings. What you see is what you get... His jokes are slow in delivery, but he has a sense of humor if allowed time to tell it.

I have talked to all the candidates listed except Bradley Burne. I may of missed him at the local GOP breakfast meeting (not sure to be honest).

Roy Moore on Red Flag laws that I took time to record the other week... tell me another candidate that nails the issue down more solidly (unconstitutionality) than Moore...

Roy Moore Red Flag laws.mp3
https://mab.to/4OVEiqevG

3 Days Only

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:38:11 am by Sighlass »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 03:17:07 pm »
Did Sessions announce his candidacy?  If not, this seems like wishful thinking.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 03:27:22 pm »
Sessions is 73 years old.

We need new blood in Congressm and Sessions ain't it.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 03:29:07 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
It is why the MSM still exists.

Some people are gullible enough to believe the lies.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too early to shoot the bastards!

--Claire Wolfe
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 04:25:19 pm »
Yeah, the rats will just have to accuse someone else of doing something forty years ago at the last minute.

(So it can be debunked like the BS Moore was blindsided with).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 06:28:50 pm »

Roy Moore is just the 97% Conservative Christian that gets hated upon. He doesn't bend and doesn't mince words.

Moore also doesn't win @Sighlass  And I hope the good people of Alabama will take this into consideration.

Maybe, just maybe, losing the seat to a liberal was enough of an embarrassment. :crossed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 06:41:37 pm »
Moore also doesn't win @Sighlass  And I hope the good people of Alabama will take this into consideration.

Maybe, just maybe, losing the seat to a liberal was enough of an embarrassment. :crossed:

What I hope the good people of Alabama do is to stop listening to naysayers from outside their state and nominate the candidate they want to serve them in the U.S. Senate.  If they do that, whoever they nominate is a lock to be elected!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 06:54:25 pm »
What I hope the good people of Alabama do is to stop listening to naysayers from outside their state and nominate the candidate they want to serve them in the U.S. Senate.  If they do that, whoever they nominate is a lock to be elected!

I'm just reminding the good people of Alabama that Moore was rejected three times by the voters in Alabama .. so I'm not sure your thesis works.

Love the guy, invite him to dinner ... build monuments to him, but in the name of all that is holy, move on and win back the damn seat.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 07:52:24 pm »
So, Mo Brooks is not running? At least, Brooks was loyal to the party and supported Moore. Loyalty doesn't need to be blind and one does not always need to be loyal but I'd say, usually you need to be. That's just me until we have more choices in parties perhaps.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 07:59:36 pm »
Sessions was a loyal Conservative vote as a Senator and it's okay if he's returned to that seat IMO.

My only admonition to the Alabama GOP:   DON'T SCREW THIS UP AGAIN!!!

This is one of those times Trump needs to kick some butts and pick a winner.   He has that standing and prerogative.   That's a key Senate race that should be a cakewalk turn.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 08:05:28 pm »

No what hurts is so-called conservatives caving to lies and even spreading them. In this process their own spreading of lies caused the defeat (by giving credence to the liberal lies) of one of the most conservative candidates in America... and they double down (as you have) to make sure they stay down. Yes you gave a big thumbs up to the "creepy" comment.

So yes, I do take in consideration that in the name of "winning" the process of nominating the best is thrown out the window. Why have steak, when you can open the can of Rino spam and place it on the swamp table.

My candidates don't care for holy monuments to themselves... perhaps that is the problem.

Quote from: Arne
My only admonition to the Alabama GOP:   DON'T SCREW THIS UP AGAIN!!!

You are right and probable don't even know it, it was the eating of their own (GOP) that caused the last loss to Doug Jones. But it wasn't just the local GOP, it went to the top.

Who was to blame for Roy's loss, some need to look in the mirror because they carried the liberal lie water for the liberals.

A GOP that does not defend good men perhaps no longer holds any sway over me.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:11:43 pm by Sighlass »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 08:15:42 pm »
No what hurts is so-called conservatives caving to lies and even spreading them. In this process their own spreading of lies caused the defeat (by giving credence to the liberal lies) of one of the most conservative candidates in America... and they double down (as you have) to make sure they stay down. Yes you gave a big thumbs up to the "creepy" comment.

So yes, I do take in consideration that in the name of "winning" the process of nominating the best is thrown out the window. Why have steak, when you can open the can of Rino spam and place it on the swamp table.

My candidates don't care for holy monuments to themselves... perhaps that is the problem.

You are right and probable don't even know it, it was the eating of their own (GOP) that caused the last loss to Doug Jones. But it wasn't just the local GOP, it went to the top.

Who was to blame for Roy's loss, some need to look in the mirror because they carried the liberal lie water for the liberals.

Well said @Sighlass!  Well said indeed and there is no disputing those FACTS!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 08:19:09 pm »

My lingering concern, Sighlass, about Sessions is that he has never "come clean" about his decision to recuse himself from that entire Crossfire Hurricane/Spygate fraud.   We all have pasts ... good and bad ... but I'm a little concerned about whatever dirt persuaded him to make that foolish and destructive decision emerging during the 11th hour of his Senate campaign.

I don't know that much about current Alabama politics.   Is there a younger, dependable Conservative there that can win and be an ally for our priorities?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 08:33:04 pm »
My lingering concern, Sighlass, about Sessions is that he has never "come clean" about his decision to recuse himself from that entire Crossfire Hurricane/Spygate fraud.   We all have pasts ... good and bad ... but I'm a little concerned about whatever dirt persuaded him to make that foolish and destructive decision emerging during the 11th hour of his Senate campaign.

I don't know that much about current Alabama politics.   Is there a younger, dependable Conservative there that can win and be an ally for our priorities?

Take the time to read this @ArneFufkin it lays out the process for how Sessions was maneuvered into recusing himself in detail and much more!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/02/13/the-fbi-corruption-is-far-worse-than-we-currently-imagine-president-trump-authorized-his-own-surveillance/

The other attendees for the recusal decision-making meeting (see above schedule) included Sessions’ chief of staff Jody Hunt; Criminal Chief in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Maryland, Jim Crowell; Deputy Assistant Attorney General (DAAG) in the Department of Justice National Security Division Tash Gauhar (FISA lawyer); and Associate Deputy Attorney General Scott Schools. [Note: Tash Gauhar was lawyer for FBI Clinton case; and Scott Schools was part of drafting Clinton exoneration letter.]

Boente, Crowell, Gauhar and Schools convinced AG Jeff Sessions he must recuse himself. In hindsight each of the people giving Sessions advice was connected to previously corrupt activity within Main Justice that included the Clinton and Spygate operations. Not knowing the conflict each advisor was carrying Sessions took their advice and recused himself; a big mistake.

From the above linked article.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:37:51 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 08:44:12 pm »
Take the time to read this @ArneFufkin it lays out the process for how Sessions was maneuvered into recusing himself in detail and much more!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/02/13/the-fbi-corruption-is-far-worse-than-we-currently-imagine-president-trump-authorized-his-own-surveillance/

From the above linked article.

Thank you Bigun!   So many corrupt weasels in DC. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 08:47:20 pm »
Thank you Bigun!   So many corrupt weasels in DC.

MANY more than most here begin to realize!

- J. R. R. Tolkien