Author Topic: Virginia House approves bill to join National Popular Vote, bypass Electoral College  (Read 367 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Virginia House approves bill to join National Popular Vote, bypass Electoral College
Valerie Richardson

The Virginia House of Delegates passed Tuesday a bill to award its electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote as the newly elected Democratic majority sought to join the pact to leapfrog the Electoral College.

The state House voted 51-46 to enter into the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, sending H.B. 177 to the state Senate despite opposition from Republicans who argued that the measure would upend the intent of the Framers.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/11/virginia-house-approves-bill-join-national-popular/

Now, check this out from the article:

Democratic Del. Mark Levine, one of the bill’s two sponsors along with Del. Marcia “Cia” Price, argued that the Electoral College was a throwback that “began at a time when the founders actually didn’t think that there would be political parties.”

Okay, NOT that Mark Levine.

And that, Bo Snerdley happened to tweet out news on this, I don't know if it was the Wash. Times article though. Thought, I'd post if no one has.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now, check this out from the article:

Okay, NOT that Mark Levine.

And that, Bo Snerdley happened to tweet out news on this, I don't know if it was the Wash. Times article though. Thought, I'd post if no one has.

@TomSea

PROOF that the Dims don't believe in democracy,but in Mob Rule.

Right up to the time they take control,that is. THEN they switch to believing in Government Rule.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!