Author Topic: U.S. Rep Sheila Jackson Lee calls for federal probe in Watson Grinding explosion  (Read 771 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by Julian Gill Feb. 9, 2020

U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, held a press conference calling for a federal investigation into the amount of propylene used at Watson Grinding — and a deeper look at any other potentially hazardous chemicals stored there. She also called for the company to help neighbors affected by the blast.

Among a list of concerns, Jackson Lee said she wants to know whether the chemicals at the site, at 4525 Gessner, were subject to regulation by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.

In general, the EPA requires a Risk Management Plan for businesses that use certain hazardous chemicals. A plan would require the company to outline the potential effects of a chemical accident and identify the steps the facility is taking to prevent one, according to the agency’s website. The Department of Homeland Security also requires its own Risk Assessment Plan for toxic substances.

Houston Fire Chief Sam Pena last week said Watson’s storage of propylene did not meet the EPA’s threshold for disclosure of hazardous chemicals. Jackson Lee, however, said she wants a more thorough accounting of the amount of propylene and other chemicals at the site.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/U-S-Rep-Sheila-Jackson-Lee-calls-for-federal-15043185.php

Offline thackney

Thanks Shelia, glad you are on top of this.

And by the way, the Federal Investigation of this explosion started last month.

U.S. Chemical Safety Board sending team to probe Houston blast
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-blast-csb/u-s-chemical-safety-board-sending-team-to-probe-houston-blast-idUSKBN1ZO012?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews
JANUARY 24, 2020
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sheila must have found another camera and stomped over to it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Looks like she is trying to pen a SARA 312 violation on Watson.  TPQ for Propylene is 10,000 pounds.  I am not familiar with Watson's operations, but if this c3= is for fuel , I find it odd that it wouldn't be LPG or Methane (NG) instead.

And to the SJL comment of better accounting....   Tier II reporting under SARA 312 is done annually.   

Like other posters said, she is a bit late for this investigation, and grandstanding at the expense of a disaster.  What a bitch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@catfish1957

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Watson-worker-injured-in-blast-sues-company-for-15018379.php

Rangel was part of a crew of about a dozen thermal sprayers that used propylene as part of a process to coat metal surfaces to protect them so they last longer in oil field or mining operations.

I've read where pyropylene has replaced acetylene in a lot of operations.

Offline EdinVA

Shouldn't she be focused on the House business, I don't like maybe the next set of impeachment articles... lol

Shouldn't she be focused on the House business, I don't like maybe the next set of impeachment articles... lol
Or a new bun style to top the one she now sports.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Scary resemblance...  Except Medusa had redeeming qualities.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

That is one heck of a do. Kudos to those who did the work.

Now I wonder if that was done on our dime?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

That is one heck of a do. Kudos to those who did the work.

Now I wonder if that was done on our dime?

That is not Shelia Jackson Lee.  She has extravagant hair styles but that is someone else. 

Here is a recent photo:

That is not Shelia Jackson Lee.  She has extravagant hair styles but that is someone else. 

Here is a recent photo:

Google Sheila Jackson Lee hairstyles and see what pops up.  She has a variety of them and am unsure why you are so sure that it is not her.

This I am sure is her

Offline thackney

Google Sheila Jackson Lee hairstyles and see what pops up.  She has a variety of them and am unsure why you are so sure that it is not her....

Because it is a different face, different skin tone, different person.

Yes, someone has used that photo with her name.  That does not make it her.  Google will now use your post as well tying them together.