General Category > Archaeology

Turns out the Irish have more Viking in them than Previously Thought

<< < (2/4) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Quix on March 26, 2020, 04:03:18 am ---
My DNA is Scottish, Irish, English, Scandinavian, near Normandy France, Spanish, Italian, Middle Eastern, Iranian, from Afghanistan and evidently a little from India. And I have a DNA 'relative' in Tibet. Neanderthal & Denisovan LOLOL. I used FTDNA.com

--- End quote ---

@Quix

We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls......

Quix:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on March 26, 2020, 11:33:26 am ---@Quix

We iz da wurld.......

We iz da peep-pulls......

--- End quote ---

YEAH.

Heinz 57 has nothing on me. LOL. Even an FTDNA expert said while everyone is unique, I'm EXTREMELY unique. LOL. Story of my life.

Free Vulcan:
The author does realize that the Normans were also Vikings and not French?

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Quix on March 26, 2020, 12:26:10 pm ---

YEAH.

Heinz 57 has nothing on me. LOL. Even an FTDNA expert said while everyone is unique, I'm EXTREMELY unique. LOL. Story of my life.

--- End quote ---

@Quix

It has been my experience that when people tell you that,they do NOT mean it in a "good way".

truth_seeker:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on March 26, 2020, 12:30:20 pm ---The author does realize that the Normans were also Vikings and not French?

--- End quote ---

Very few go that deep with knowledge.  The Normans were also French speaking, at the time they gained power in Merrey olde Englande.

They brought with them and imposed upon Britain, concepts of law, governance from ancient Latin origins.

The blend  of Latin legal precepts, with common laws derived from Alglo/Saxons (Germanic) would over time form "English Common Law," basis for American law.

The contribution from Scandinavians (Vikings) was their usage of 'Town Halls' called "Thing"

It was there, the chieftons met with their sujects in big meeting buildings, were served(by faire blonde maidens in low tops)  beveridges to improve their debate skills.

In part that is the basis of "conservatism" as we came to understand it. Later in Endlande they put in some French words to make it look more fancy.

In the most simple terms, Greek became Roman, became French. Anglo/Saxon combined with Viking became "Anglish"

Sort of like that.

So

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version